DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal -- adult swim (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/648829-genndy-tartakovskys-primal-adult-swim.html)

dex14 10-08-19 07:50 AM

Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal -- adult swim

genndy tartakovsky's primal, a new prehistoric animated series, unleashes a special five-night event beginning monday, october 7th at midnight et/pt on adult swim, the #1 destination for young adults. From the creator behind the emmy(r) award-winning series samurai jack, comes a new tale that follows a caveman at the dawn of evolution as he forms an unlikely friendship with an almost extinct dinosaur. The stunning and epic series is a painting come to life relying solely on music and graphic imagery to tell the story of two unlikely allies as they navigate through a treacherous world. After bonding over unfortunate tragedies, they seem to become each other's only hope of survival against a common enemy.

Noonan 10-08-19 07:55 AM

re: Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal -- adult swim

Yes! I know nothing of the series other than the promo's I've seen during late night Family Guy. Can't wait to check it out. Looks amazing

Orbi-Wan Techno 10-09-19 07:48 AM

Watched the first one. Very brutal, yet heart-tugging. I'm in for the whole thing.

cleaver 10-10-19 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno (Post 13620980)
Watched the first one. Very brutal, yet heart-tugging. I'm in for the whole thing.

2nd one more brutal and just as heart tugging

dex14 10-10-19 02:01 PM

I watched the first episode and thought it was exceptional. I can't believe what a gut punch I felt when
Spoiler:
those baby dinos were killed.

Bill Needle 09-14-20 06:02 PM

Genndy Tartakovsky's PRIMAL will return with another 5 episodes to Adult Swim on October 4th @ 11:30 PM.

There will also be a second, 10 episode season. So I guess these five are the second half of season 1.

Great show.

PhantomStranger 09-15-20 12:01 AM

Primal might be the best new animated show from the West to come along in years. It's like no other animated series out there today. I think it's Tartakovsky's best work by far.

Bill Needle 10-19-20 01:18 AM

This show continues to be incredible. The pacing, the colors, the sound, just fantastic storytelling. How does something that at a glance appears to be so simple come off so epic?

PhantomStranger 10-20-20 08:35 PM

Primal is electrifying and a glimpse of what animation's potential in the West could be if it wasn't narrowly aimed at childish interests. I hear it's doing phenomenally well in terms of the ratings they use these days.

Tartakovsky has always received a lot of hype over the years but I never felt it was fully justified. I've come around. The man is a genius at animated storytelling.

Bill Needle 11-02-20 11:12 PM

Wow, great season 1 finale. This show always delivers. I cannot wait for season 2 after what they set up. I only hope it's all 10 episodes when it finally comes to us "sometime in 2021."

TomOpus 06-19-22 03:46 PM

Re: Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal -- adult swim

My daughter and SIL called me today for Fathers Day. We were talking about HBO Max shows and he mentioned how he liked this one. I'm enjoying it, so far. I see where S2 starts on July 21 on adult swim. Any idea if it will start on the same date on HBO Max?

Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal Season 2 Will Debut on Adult Swim on July 21, 2022

Bill Needle 06-19-22 10:28 PM

At first I was confused because I had forgotten the episodes run in 2020 were actually the back half of season 1. I guess "sometime in 2021" became 2022, but at least it's almost here. Looking forward to the return of this fantastic show.

dex14 07-18-22 06:51 AM

Emmy Award-winning Primal returns for a new season that leads Spear and Fang on bigger, more brutal adventures than ever before. Season 2 of Primal premieres July 21 at Midnight on [adult swim]. Next day on HBO Max.

TomOpus 07-22-22 08:37 PM

First two episodes of S2 are available HBO Max.

TomOpus 08-06-22 08:49 PM

The Red Mist episode was pretty bloody before the red mist rolls in.

TomOpus 08-13-22 05:53 PM

I guess I'm the only one still watching. The new episode was interesting. Horror with a touch of humor. I wonder where this season will go?

whotony 08-13-22 10:07 PM

I’ve started episode one a few times and can never get through it.
🤷🏼‍♂️

TomOpus 08-19-22 09:02 AM

Couple surprises in S2E6.
Nice surprise
Spoiler:
return of Mira

Interesting surprise
Spoiler:
Fang is not a boy

Bill Needle 09-16-22 12:41 AM

Wow...this show. :lol:

What a way to go out on season 2. And if there's no season 3 at least it works as a series finale.

DWilson 10-18-22 01:26 AM

I just caught up with the second half of Season Two. The three-part storyline reminded me of Roy Thomas and John Buscema's "Conan" stories from the '70s. Tremendous stuff, astonishingly gruesome. I really genuinely surprised by the season finale.

Bill Needle 03-28-24 02:46 PM

Nice homage to Primal by the Simpsons last weekend. Tartakovsky was flattered, and responded with his own version of Homer.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...7bc62dbebd.jpg

PhantomStranger 03-30-24 09:22 PM

Felt season one of Primal was stronger but there's just nothing else quite like this show. Wish they would produce more shows in this vein.