TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Black Lightning (CW) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 10/7/19

Old 10-07-19, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Black Lightning (CW) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 10/7/19

MONDAY, OCTOBER 7

SEASON PREMIERE

BLACK LIGHTNING

"The Book of Occupation: Chapter One: Birth of Blackbird" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

SEASON PREMIERE - We find Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) like never before, in the hands of the ASA with his wife Lynn (Christine Adams) as Agent Odell (guest star Bill Duke) tightens his grip on the Pierce family, leaving Jennifer (China Ann McClain) abandoned and Freeland without Black Lightning and Thunder. But Anissa (Nafessa Williams) secretly defies Odell in her alter ego as Blackbird with the able tactical and technical support of Gambi (James Remar). Marvin Jones III and Damon Gupton also star. Directed and written by Salim Akil (#301). Original airdate 10/7/2019.

Read more:Listings - BLACK LIGHTNING on The CW | TheFutonCritic.comhttp://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20190919cw04/#ixzz61ht2Qfy0

Black Lightning will be part of the big CW crossover.

Seems like this is the least popular CW DC show next to Supergirl.
Old 10-07-19, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Black Lightning (CW) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 10/7/19

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Seems like this is the least popular CW DC show next to Supergirl.
It's by far the best one though since Arrow went downhill starting with season 3, while The Flash went downhill starting with season 2. Supergirl has been terrible since Season 2 and Legends of Tomorrow is just a parody of itself at this point. Batwoman's pilot didn't have anything new or interesting to add to the fray, just more of the same.

Just hoping season 3 of Black Lightning doesn't mark it's downfall. Especially since it's officially joining the Arrowverse with the crossover this season and because all of these Arrowverse shows have just continued in a downwards spiral for several seasons.

I'm planning on watching Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Batwoman, and the Flash up to the crossover event and dropping them all. While Arrow I'll finish it up since it'll only have a couple episodes to go until it's finale. Only one I plan to continue watching is Black Lightning and that's really only if this season doesn't take a massive dive.
Old 10-07-19, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The new costume looks good. I'm looking forward to the new season
Old 10-07-19, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
It's by far the best one though since Arrow went downhill starting with season 3, while The Flash went downhill starting with season 2. Supergirl has been terrible since Season 2 and Legends of Tomorrow is just a parody of itself at this point. Batwoman's pilot didn't have anything new or interesting to add to the fray, just more of the same.

Just hoping season 3 of Black Lightning doesn't mark it's downfall. Especially since it's officially joining the Arrowverse with the crossover this season and because all of these Arrowverse shows have just continued in a downwards spiral for several seasons.

I'm planning on watching Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Batwoman, and the Flash up to the crossover event and dropping them all. While Arrow I'll finish it up since it'll only have a couple episodes to go until it's finale. Only one I plan to continue watching is Black Lightning and that's really only if this season doesn't take a massive dive.
Its good, but nobody talks about it especially here. It hardly gets any media coverage and I think the CW advertises it the least. If you think it’s one of those shows where you watch it and have absolutely nothing to say, then you’re not really helping it. But I know some here think you’re over praising its quality, then your a shill.
Old 10-07-19, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its good, but nobody talks about it especially here. It hardly gets any media coverage and I think the CW advertises it the least. If you think itís one of those shows where you watch it and have absolutely nothing to say, then youíre not really helping it. But I know some here think youíre over praising its quality, then your a shill.
I watched the show last season and thought it declined quite quickly in quality. By the end of last season it was no better than any of the other WB/DC shows, and that made me sad because at the beginning it was far better.
Old 10-08-19, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Its good, but nobody talks about it especially here. It hardly gets any media coverage and I think the CW advertises it the least. If you think it’s one of those shows where you watch it and have absolutely nothing to say, then you’re not really helping it. But I know some here think you’re over praising its quality, then your a shill.
Dvdtalk is one of THE WORST places when it comes to these shows. In other groups and social media pages, DC based ones in particular, while the same type of Haters found here exist, there is also more of a balance in terms of people who LOVE these shows. So there is a lot of great back and forth about what people like and don't like.

Here's it's very few of us who enjoy the shows, and the rest who even bother to post hate watch then come here to post why they hate the shows or why they are gonna give up after the crossover.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-08-19 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-08-19, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Dvdtalk is one of THE WORST places when it comes to these shows. In other groups and social media pages, DC based ones in particular, while the same type of Haters found here exist, there is also more of a balance in terms of people who LOVE these shows. So there is a lot great back and forth about what people like and don't like.

Here's it's very few of us who enjoy the shows, and the rest who even bother to post hate watch then come here to post why they hate the shows or why they are gonna give up after the crossover.
You crack me up.

The threads are fairly consistent on every forum I read, while the regular fanboys/girls exist, for the most part people lament the general decline in the Berlanti DC shows. I don't know, I find DVDTalk genrally pretty qood on giving credit where credit is due. If there is a good episode we'll laud it, but that really doesn't happen all that much these days.

I am really looking forward to the crossover, but I do plan on dropping all the DC/WB shows at the end of the season (when Arrow is through). There is just so much better quality TV out there these days.

Who knows? Maybe I'll come back if there's some new series that gets amazing reviews.

I do really enjoy Titans. What network is that again?
Old 10-08-19, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
You crack me up.

The threads are fairly consistent on every forum I read, while the regular fanboys/girls exist, for the most part people lament the general decline in the Berlanti DC shows. I don't know, I find DVDTalk genrally pretty qood on giving credit where credit is due. If there is a good episode we'll laud it, but that really doesn't happen all that much these days.

I am really looking forward to the crossover, but I do plan on dropping all the DC/WB shows at the end of the season (when Arrow is through). There is just so much better quality TV out there these days.

Who knows? Maybe I'll come back if there's some new series that gets amazing reviews.

I do really enjoy Titans. What network is that again?

Like I said, while Haters and Fanboys/Girls do exist on other forums it's more of a balance. Certainly a better balance than here on dvdtalk where the majority are miserable, negative, and unhappy about the CW DC shows. BTW, not even arguing that any of you are wrong about what you don't personally like. Add to the fact that there just aren't that many here who participate on the forum and...well..

Anyway, do you. No one is asking you to like anything you're not capable of liking.
Old 10-09-19, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This show seems to be creating it's own little universe, -something more like the late "Colony" on USA, and I can appreciate that, though I don't see how they'll fit in a cross-over. Unfortunately, I found the pace of the first episode stolid and the general tone unpleasant.
Old 10-10-19, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cress Williams posts an image on himself as BLACK LIGHTNING at the controls of the Waverider.

https://www.cbr.com/black-lightning-...-crisis-image/
Old 10-11-19, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Breaking News - Actor, Singer, Host Extraordinaire Wayne Brady Joins "Black Lightning" as Gravedigger | TheFutonCritic.com

Wayne Brady will play "Gravedigger"

and if you've never heard of him, the character is a real DC character.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Gravedigger