Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 10 Thread (Beware of Spoilers if you care) -- Premieres 10/6/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 10 Thread (Beware of Spoilers if you care) -- Premieres 10/6/19

Old 10-06-19, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts

*SEASON PREMIERE*

"The Walking Dead" season ten premieres on Sunday, October 6th at 9:00 p.m. ET/CT. On the season premiere episode, "Lines We Cross", we pick back up with the group in Oceanside as they continue to train in case The Whisperers return. Tensions are high as our heroes struggle to hold onto their concept of civilization.

"The Walking Dead" is a story that started 10 years ago with one man trying to find his family. That family grew and gradually communities took shape. They fought and survived, thrived and gave birth to a new generation. It is a tale of humankind and there are more stories to tell. It is now Spring, a few months after the end of Season 9, when our group of survivors dared to cross into Whisperer territory during the harsh winter. The collected communities are still dealing with the after effects of Alpha's horrific display of power, reluctantly respecting the new borderlines being imposed on them, all while organizing themselves into a militia-style fighting force, preparing for a battle that may be unavoidable. But the Whisperers are a threat unlike any they have ever faced. Backed by a massive horde of the dead it is seemingly a fight they cannot win. The question of what to do and the fear it breeds will infect the communities and give rise to paranoia, propaganda, secret agendas, and infighting that will test them as individuals and as a society. The very idea of whether civilization can survive in a world filled with the dead hangs in the balance.

Renewed for an 11th season on Saturday. Also Lauren Cohan will return as a series regular. Hell, she needs a job.

This forum is way too dead now to do episode threads for this anymore. So yeah sorry, a season 10 spoilers thread for the entire season. I know most in this forum don't care anymore anyways.

Here's the trailer for the 2nd spinoff, it premieres Spring 2020. Probably during this show's midseason hiatus. It's still untitled.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SIGWqFsvJ5w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by DJariya; 10-06-19 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-06-19, 09:37 PM
Admin

Received 459 Likes on 301 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 10 Thread (Beware of Spoilers if you care) -- Premieres 10/6/19

This show is so stupid, but I keep watching. That's my summary.

I liked the training in the beginning of Ep1. They looked like a Roman legion. Not sure what the point of all that formation shit was, but it looked cool.
Old 10-06-19, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,010 Likes on 719 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 10 Thread (Beware of Spoilers if you care) -- Premieres 10/6/19

Originally Posted by VinVega

I liked the training in the beginning of Ep1. They looked like a Roman legion. Not sure what the point of all that formation shit was, but it looked cool.
This is also my view, but I thought the formation stuff was pretty hokey.
Old 10-07-19, 08:06 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 573 Likes on 332 Posts

My DVR recorded it, but I'm not sure I want to watch anymore. Can anyone give me a reason to keep watching?
Old 10-07-19, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,010 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman
My DVR recorded it, but I'm not sure I want to watch anymore. Can anyone give me a reason to keep watching?
Alas, I cannot.

Although, Maggie is coming back next season. She's cute, but I don't know that she's cute enough to keep watching.
Old 10-07-19, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
Alas, I cannot.

Although, Maggie is coming back next season. She's cute, but I don't know that she's cute enough to keep watching.
Her character was pretty worthless toward the end. Like basically all of these characters. I'm actually digging the lack of Rick/Carl/Fat Tara/Maggie/basically everyone they've killed. They do such a piss poor job of developing characters, only Negan is still sort of borderline interesting kind of.
Old 10-07-19, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Her character was pretty worthless toward the end. Like basically all of these characters. I'm actually digging the lack of Rick/Carl/Fat Tara/Maggie/basically everyone they've killed. They do such a piss poor job of developing characters, only Negan is still sort of borderline interesting kind of.
I think it is a bad idea to bring Maggie back. I mean, to what end? She has not served any purpose since Glenn died (the second time). They shoehorn her into implausible situations in an effort to prop up her character and bestow her with some phony importance to the story. It is not believable and only serves as a cringe-inducing distraction.

Add Henry and Jesus and Enid to the "glad they are gone" list. There is another handful or so that need to go, but I was pretty happy with the progress made late last season in killing off time wasting and/or redundant characters. It was the one thing I did like about the Whisperers.

Unlike some I think Rick was a big loss for the show, but I understand why they did it.
Old 10-07-19, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I wish they would've utilized Jesus properly and kept him around. They wrote him out because he complained that they failed to utilize his character the way the comics had. They let him die using some of his fighting style he had been so excited to do when originally cast though.

Other than Jesus, the rest of those killed off I didn't mind to be honest.

Seems they've somewhat turned Negan into something resembling Shane's type of character now, but he's probably the most interesting aspect of the show at this point. Him and Judtih together has been the highlights imo.
Old 10-08-19, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 208 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Her character (Maggie) was pretty worthless toward the end. Like basically all of these characters. I'm actually digging the lack of Rick/Carl/Fat Tara/Maggie/basically everyone they've killed. They do such a piss poor job of developing characters, only Negan is still sort of borderline interesting kind of.
They were phasing her character out to accommodate the actress and her eventual exit. I imagine they'll build up her role and importance when she comes back.
Old 10-08-19, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 369 Likes on 269 Posts

Wow, its so strange that this has gone from must see TV and my absolute favorite show SHUT UP KIDS MY SHOW IS ON, I don't care if you are on fire!! to not even being aware the season started or has actually already aired....

I saw the little image of the spins-off show and was like whoa! I don't recognize this cast at all before realizing it was for the new show which I also was not very aware of..... I like to check in on the thread just to see if they somehow pulled it back together and got good again as I loved the early show and the premise but at this point I doubt I will see the Rick movie or anything else.
Old 10-08-19, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
I am firmly now entrenched in this camp after spending years trying to defend it...I even asked myself why I am still sticking it out. I also thought the acting last night was horrible.
Old 10-08-19, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 810 Likes on 565 Posts

So we need to hear the characters having the same old philosophical and moral discussions multiple times a season?
"Maybe we're the bad guys", "We do what we have to in order to survive", etc. etc. Constant regurgitated filler.
Old 10-10-19, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,216 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I think it is a bad idea to bring Maggie back. I mean, to what end? She has not served any purpose since Glenn died (the second time). They shoehorn her into implausible situations in an effort to prop up her character and bestow her with some phony importance to the story. It is not believable and only serves as a cringe-inducing distraction.
That was EVERY character, not just Maggie.
Old 10-14-19, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 184 Posts

Well that was a pretty pointless episode for the second this season. If they are trying to run the rest of us off they are doing a good job.
Old 10-14-19, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Whisperers are such a stupid antagonist. They make no sense even in a zombie apocalypse world.
Old 10-14-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Whisperers origin story... does anyone really give a fuck about that?

Total filler episode whose sole purpose was to tell us that Alpha wants her kid back - to let us know to expect more conflicts between them and the gang.

The Whisperers are such a stupid antagonist. They make no sense even in a zombie apocalypse world.
The Whisperers are doing what we've seen in earlier seasons where Rick and company would soak themselves in blood to mesh in with the walkers. The only difference is the Whisperers are wearing walker faces and are doing it to sneak up on humans. That would be fine if they're actually doing something resourceful with it, but they just seem to be happy to live the life of a walker instead of settling down and accumulating resources and building security. It's all sorts of stupid.

So Thora Birch joins the cast. Even with her being relegated to B movies, I'm not sure this show is a step or down.

Last edited by Coral; 10-14-19 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-14-19, 07:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

everyonein this thread can you please just stopwatching

Originally Posted by Coral
The Whisperers origin story... does anyone really give a fuck about that?

Total filler episode whose sole purpose was to tell us that Alpha wants her kid back - to let us know to expect more conflicts between them and the gang.

The Whisperers are doing what we've seen in earlier seasons where Rick and company would soak themselves in blood to mesh in with the walkers. The only difference is the Whisperers are wearing walker faces and are doing it to sneak up on humans. That would be fine if they're actually doing something resourceful with it, but they just seem to be happy to live the life of a walker instead of settling down and accumulating resources and building security. It's all sorts of stupid.

So Thora Birch joins the cast. Even with her being relegated to B movies, I'm not sure this show is a step or down.
Old 10-14-19, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Why then there would be no post at all about this shit show haha.
Old 10-14-19, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Dscarpad
everyonein this thread can you please just stopwatching

You must be new. If you haven't figured it out by now, if shows don't get hate watch commentary here, this forum would be completely dead.
Old 10-14-19, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The show still has plenty of possibilities and redeeming qualities, but the main plot point right now revolves around the Whisperers, so the fact that they fall apart under the slightest scrutiny even in that universe cannot be ignored. For one, their main threat can be deterred by a child on foot waving their hands.

Last edited by Bill Needle; 10-14-19 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-14-19, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,216 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
You must be new. If you haven't figured it out by now, if shows don't get hate watch commentary here, this forum would be completely dead.
We ... are ...

THE WATCHING DEAD!!!!
Old 10-14-19, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We made it to the 10th season - we've absolutely earned the right to hate-watch and hate-post.
Old 10-15-19, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I was just saying this, their big threat is a stockpile zombie horde, doesn't seem hard to stop the whispers from leading that, a little fire or arrow/bullets and they will break character and the horde will take care of them.
Old 10-15-19, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 183 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
I was just saying this, their big threat is a stockpile zombie horde, doesn't seem hard to stop the whispers from leading that, a little fire or arrow/bullets and they will break character and the horde will take care of them.
How can you ruin a season and half of carefully crafted story lines and contrivances just like that?!?! The Whisperers are meant to provide endless possibilities in senseless fillers and back stories and more senseless deaths and extra drama in their confrontations with Our guys until the return of Maggie?!?!
Old 10-15-19, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Interesting theory about Beta making the rounds...

From a recent episode of Fear the Walking Dead:

Spoiler:

In the comics,
Spoiler:
Beta hid his face because he was a famous basketball player. Looks like in this version Beta might be a famous country singer.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.