Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 10 Thread (Beware of Spoilers if you care) -- Premieres 10/6/19

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 10 Thread (Beware of Spoilers if you care) -- Premieres 10/6/19

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-19, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 10 Thread (Beware of Spoilers if you care) -- Premieres 10/6/19

My wife and I just 'watched' this episode. And by 'watched' I mean pretty much FF'd/skipped through the entire thing.

We could not have given less of a fuck about the Whisperer's backstory.
Old 10-15-19, 08:13 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) -- Season 10 Thread (Beware of Spoilers if you care) -- Premieres 10/6/19

2 episodes sitting on the DVR with zero interest in starting them.

I cannot believe how far this show has fallen.

I miss it being an "event" show.
Old 10-15-19, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM

That went and past roughly 7 years ago.
Old 10-15-19, 09:01 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
That went and past roughly 7 years ago.
true enough... but every season I would begrudgingly watch... hoping it would get better... or at least some semblance of its former self. It never did.

I guess I'm out, but will likely check out the Rick Grimes movie.
Old 10-17-19, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM

Yeah. I don't know if I even have an event show anymore. I DVR everything and rarely watch it the day it aired.
Old 10-17-19, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Just now watching the premiere ... I can’t remember half of the cast’s names.

There was some pretty meta commentary in this episode:

Bearded one-hand guy (I cant even remember his name) questioning if they “are the good guys” and noting they are the bad guys in somebody’s story.

King Dreadlocks: Ever wonder why they call bird shit guano?
Darryl: No. I just call it bird shit.

Sorry, but I can’t do this strange living arrangement going on with Latina Hottie, Eugene, Father Prick, That Guy Carl Brought Home, and the baby.
Old 10-18-19, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Sorry, but I can’t do this strange living arrangement going on with Latina Hottie, Eugene, Father Prick, That Guy Carl Brought Home, and the baby.
Looks like Eugene's in full-cuck mode. Actually, he's lower than cuck because everyone else has banged her and he's never - yet he's taking care of her kid.
It's like a mix of cuck and friend-zone. He's in the Fruck Zone.
Old 10-20-19, 09:26 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

What the heck was happening
Old 10-20-19, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Correct me if I’m wrong, but she had Father Bangs-a-lot’s baby, is now bedding down Doctor Carl-Saved-Me, while Eugene pines away ... and they are all living together. That’s what it seemed like.

Rosita is obviously going to die this season so we can get the Walking Dead: 3 Men and a Baby spin-off.
Old 10-21-19, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Correct me if I’m wrong, but she had Father Bangs-a-lot’s baby, is now bedding down Doctor Carl-Saved-Me, while Eugene pines away ... and they are all living together. That’s what it seemed like.
It seemed that way, but it's hard to grasp the living situation of these people. And I forgot who the father was. It's a story line for soap operas, not this type of show. It's obvious they're gasping for story lines, so they needed filler.

I guess the whisperers aren't the ones sending the walkers towards the village idiots, so then who is?
Did I miss something while I was doing chores and surfing the net while watching?
Old 10-21-19, 09:50 AM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
It seemed that way, but it's hard to grasp the living situation of these people. And I forgot who the father was. It's a story line for soap operas, not this type of show. It's obvious they're gasping for story lines, so they needed filler.

I guess the whisperers aren't the ones sending the walkers towards the village idiots, so then who is?
Did I miss something while I was doing chores and surfing the net while watching?
there was a line Eugene mentioned about the satellite bringing them but some character told him to
shut up about it
Old 10-21-19, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Nice to see the show basically admit that if they paying attention the only thing threatened by groups of hundreds of walkers showing up at a time is their beauty sleep.
Old 10-23-19, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

FFS Daryl. Carol had Alpha. Sure people would have been lost on both sides, but goddamn it I don’t know if I can take another season of her. Carol is the only character I like at this point, despite the mystery pills.
Old 10-23-19, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

Well, I have to say, the spiked ball is about the dumbest weapon they could've put on the mechanical hand. It's heavy, it's going to get stuck in things, and odds are that you're going to jab yourself with it, and since it'll be covered in walker guts, it's not going to end well. I know it was meant to look cool, but it's really stupid.

Being a Genesis fan, I did like the reference to the Giant Hogweed.

Spoiler:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P4q7-wZmn-Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The following users liked this post:
greydttwo (03-25-20)
Old 10-24-19, 07:38 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
FFS Daryl. Carol had Alpha. Sure people would have been lost on both sides, but goddamn it I don’t know if I can take another season of her. Carol is the only character I like at this point, despite the mystery pills.
Exactly. They should have let Carol kill Alpha. Then all they really would have had to worry about was Beta, and he was right there too. Once both of them are gone, the Whisperers fall apart like the plot of this show.
Old 10-24-19, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

They need to keep Alpha around a while longer...

Comic spoiler --->

Spoiler:

Old 10-24-19, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

mystery pills aren't a mystery , they're caffeine pills.
Old 10-26-19, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode 4 was another good one, I think this season has been rather strong
Old 10-27-19, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Watching last week’s episode with the continual onslaught of zombies to start the show ... I swear I heard somebody in the background say “zombies!” at “Hour 37”. My closed captioning just says “indistinct voices” ... Did they accidentally break the rule?
Old 11-05-19, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 946 Likes on 720 Posts

I can't explain why, but I'm watching this season with more interest than I have in years. It's not for the quality, because that ship sailed a long time ago.
Old 11-05-19, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have to admit, the Negan stuff this week actually has me engaged. I was still watching, but not making a point of it. However the run-up with him and skin-face girl caught my attention and showed some potential. The stuff this week with sad sack sanctuary boy was pretty good.

BTW, prediction:

Spoiler:
Violin Boy

is dead after that out-of-nowhere over-bloated send off segment, right?
Old 11-06-19, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I have to admit, the Negan stuff this week actually has me engaged. I was still watching, but not making a point of it. However the run-up with him and skin-face girl caught my attention and showed some potential. The stuff this week with sad sack sanctuary boy was pretty good.
I agree the Negan stuff is the best part of what is going on right now. Everything that happened around him (the acolyte, the woman/boy the met) was telegraphed from a mile away, but JDM can actually act.
Old 11-12-19, 07:47 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

My thoughts as well - Negan vs. Beta is interesting.

I do not trust the woman Eugene was talking to at the end. She is too much exactly what he is looking for, I think she's playing him.
Old 11-12-19, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bandoman
I do not trust the woman Eugene was talking to at the end. She is too much exactly what he is looking for, I think she's playing him.
Yea, I think that's exactly where they're going with that. Eugene's desperate for some tail, that he'll drop all his defenses and it'll allow another baddie into their lives.
I suspect Eugene will be a casualty from all this.
Old 11-12-19, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I’ve complained about the show being visually dark before, but holy crap ... I watched this week’s episode on the AMC app and noticed a huge difference. Not that this week’s episode had a lot of dark scenes, but wow. I actually paused the app to do a screen comparison to the broadcast (on my DVR). Unbelievable.

Ok, the episode itself ... why was any of the Dr. Daddy stuff in there? The episode description said he needed to solve a mystery ... did somebody steal the Nancy Drew books from the library? I saw a rehash of the prison flu, no mystery.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.