Evil (Now on Paramount +)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Evil (Now on Paramount +)

Old 07-17-22, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Evil (Now on Paramount +)

I really don't understand why there's not more talk about this show here. From episode one this has been fantastic, especially since they went to streaming where they can put in material they couldn't do on the network.

I am SO looking forward to seeing Leland get what's coming to him, and now Kristin's mother, too. I couldn't believe the twist they introduced in this latest episode. Just wow
Old 07-17-22, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts

Hope Andy is okay.
Old 07-21-22, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 86 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
I really don't understand why there's not more talk about this show here. From episode one this has been fantastic, especially since they went to streaming where they can put in material they couldn't do on the network.

I am SO looking forward to seeing Leland get what's coming to him, and now Kristin's mother, too. I couldn't believe the twist they introduced in this latest episode. Just wow
Wasn't totally shocked, but still shocked if that makes sense. Not sure exactly where they are headed.
Old 07-26-22, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts

Funny that "Evil" and "Only Murders In The Building" used the same card game (with "Murders" calling it "Son of Sam") in their episodes this week.

They've taken a plot-turn with Kristen's daughter Lexis and that there may be something "demonic" going on with her. We also see that she has the pop-up book from the weekly episode titles in her room (or did I miss seeing it before).

I didn't get to my remote in time to skip the intro and finally saw the on-screen message that if you skip the intro you will be haunted. That explains a few things...

Last edited by DWilson; 07-26-22 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-26-22, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
Funny that "Evil" and "Only Murders In The Building" used the same card game (with "Murders" calling it "Son of Sam") in their episodes this week.

They've taken a plot-turn with Kristen's daughter Lexis and that there may be something "demonic" going on with her. We also see that she has the pop-up book from the weekly episode titles in her room (or did I miss seeing it before).

I didn't get to my remote in time to skip the intro and finally saw the on-screen message that if you skip the intro you will be haunted. That explains a few things...
The intro is bangers. I put on my AirPods Max and it sound really immersive.
Old 07-28-22, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post

They have hinted about Lexus quite a bit including that scene where they show her with the tail. Grooming her as head of one of the sigils makes a lot of sense narratively. One of the best shows on TV
Old 08-07-22, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 197 Likes on 145 Posts

Anyone else absolutely sick of that French song by now?
The following 2 users liked this post by windom:
Shannon Nutt (08-08-22), Thos19 (08-09-22)
Old 08-08-22, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 179 Posts

Disappointed that they got rid of
Spoiler:
Boris McGiver
. Hopefully that was the actor's choice and not the showrunners' idea.
Old 08-15-22, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Disappointed that they got rid of
Spoiler:
Boris McGiver

. Hopefully that was the actor's choice and not the showrunners' idea.
Yeah but also why it was so shocking. Last couple episodes were awesome. Seems like they had a long term map of where to go all the pieces fit in nicely now. Fantastic show. Apparently it gets huge ratings as well.
Old 08-16-22, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
Yeah but also why it was so shocking. Last couple episodes were awesome. Seems like they had a long term map of where to go all the pieces fit in nicely now. Fantastic show. Apparently it gets huge ratings as well.
My hope is Wallace Shawn is now a recurring character. He's great.
Old 08-16-22, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
My hope is Wallace Shawn is now a recurring character. He's great.
He is and it certainly seems like he will be their new handler. Still some mysteries left and I can see some twists which might make a lot of sense. This season was really good but maybe not a scary as some others.