DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Good Doctor (ABC) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/648696-good-doctor-abc-season-3-thread-premieres-9-23-19-a.html)

Goldberg74 09-23-19 09:55 PM

The Good Doctor (ABC) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/19

DISTASTER (S03E01) / 10/9c

Following what he believes was a disastrous first date with Carly, Dr. Shaun Murphy proposes a radical surgery to save a newlywed woman's life. Meanwhile, after the new chief of surgery, Dr. Audrey Lim, announces that the residents can lead surgeries, Dr. Morgan Reznick and Dr. Alex Park compete for the chance to operate on an elderly patient who has been diagnosed with cancer.

DJariya 09-26-19 12:12 AM

Re: The Good Doctor (ABC) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/19

That was quite a downer of an episode. 2 cancer patients. One diagnosed after her wedding and the other suffering from cancer and having Alzheimer's.

I have to wonder how realistic that operation was to remove all those organs in order to remove the tumors. I don't think any surgeon in their right mind would attempt that kind of surgery.

and I didn't realize that Marcus quit after he fired Dr. Han last season. Or was he fired? Funny how Audrey conveniently re-hires him back. I guess this was done to let Hill Harper act in an operating room as opposed to being the stuffy hospital suit.

and I totally did not realize that Shaun actually asked Carly out (or Astrid) and not Claire. How the heck did I confuse them? No surprise that someone with Autism would be really uncomfortable on a date.

mphtrilogy 09-26-19 07:31 AM

decent first ep, crazy operation though, would like to see Shaun make some progress this season, maybe he can make that girlfriend thing work...

Schloob1 10-08-19 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13613782)
That was quite a downer of an episode. 2 cancer patients. One diagnosed after her wedding and the other suffering from cancer and having Alzheimer's.

I have to wonder how realistic that operation was to remove all those organs in order to remove the tumors. I don't think any surgeon in their right mind would attempt that kind of surgery.

and I didn't realize that Marcus quit after he fired Dr. Han last season. Or was he fired? Funny how Audrey conveniently re-hires him back. I guess this was done to let Hill Harper act in an operating room as opposed to being the stuffy hospital suit.

and I totally did not realize that Shaun actually asked Carly out (or Astrid) and not Claire. How the heck did I confuse them? No surprise that someone with Autism would be really uncomfortable on a date.

My wife and I had thought it was Claire as well. Then worse we were like who the heck is Carly? Then when we were saw her in the lab we were like "DUH", that's who she was.

Eric F 10-09-19 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1 (Post 13620753)
My wife and I had thought it was Claire as well. Then worse we were like who the heck is Carly? Then when we were saw her in the lab we were like "DUH", that's who she was.

Same.

Don't understand where they're going with this. Shaun is freaking out from the noise of a flourescent bulb- how is he going to function in an adult relationship? How did he make it through medical school for that matter. :lol:

DWilson 10-09-19 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13613782)

I was reading an article about the neurosurgeon who is their consultant. He not only tries to keep the production legit, but he submits stories (cases) he collects through his own research, and from colleagues who know he's looking for unusual cases and procedures. So, probably. most procedures on the show have been performed or attempted somewhere at least once.

Eric F 10-16-19 07:46 PM

Every time they explore Sean’s relationship with the pathologist the only thing I can think is, “What the hell is wrong with her?”

[email protected] 10-17-19 04:13 PM

I watched the first two years, with lowering expectations. But I have to admit that I gave up on this season after the first couple episodes. I really liked the medical mysteries, in the same way that 'House' did early on. But the more it moves away from that, and into the soap-opera-ish personality conflicts, the less it interests me.

Eric F 01-28-20 10:05 AM

Hahahaha. This is a garbage dump of a show. It's no different from any prime-time hospital soap. It's so bad I can't stop watching. :lol:

Sean finally did the nasty. He's like a child. The whole relationship he has with the other doctor is creepy- it's almost like she's a pedophile.

I finally figured out what Sean's character is- I call him Doctor Data (or autistic Data).

windom 02-10-20 11:40 AM

Renewed for season 4. So we can get more of Dr. Murphy's sexcapades.

https://tvline.com/2020/02/10/the-go...-season-4-abc/

Eric F 02-10-20 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 13685762)
Renewed for season 4. So we can get more of Dr. Murphy's sexcapades.

https://tvline.com/2020/02/10/the-go...-season-4-abc/

Seriously, does anyone else who watches the show (I know you're here, you just don't want to admit it) think the whole relationship between Carly and Shaun is creepy? We know he's eventually going to cheat on her with Lea, but outside of his medical training he's got the emotional capacity of a 5yr old.

Goldberg74 03-31-20 08:27 AM

Season 3 is over now and once again the landscape at St. Bonaventure has changed for the most part...
Spoiler:
Melendez is dead... so they need to cast a new doctor for next season (or bring back Jarrod?).
Park is moving back to Arizona... or so we think (he'll be back).
Reznick has jacked up her hands and ended her career.. but she'll still be around.
Lim and Browne are drinking buddies.
Glassman is still the moral compass of the show.
Andrews is still a douche.
... and since Shawn saved that lady, he doesn't need to move on so his on-again-off-again relationship is on again... which means that Carly might be out completely or show up from time to time.

Season 4 will start sometime... once things settle from COVID-19 and they can start filming again.

Eric F 03-31-20 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13715292)
Season 3 is over now and once again the landscape at St. Bonaventure has changed for the most part...
Spoiler:
Melendez is dead... so they need to cast a new doctor for next season (or bring back Jarrod?).
Reznick has jacked up her hands and ended her career.. but she'll still be around.
... and since Shawn saved that lady, he doesn't need to move on so his on-again-off-again relationship is on again... which means that Carly might be out completely or show up from time to time.

Season 4 will start sometime... once things settle from COVID-19 and they can start filming again.

I still think the show is lame and manipulative but

[spoiler]I can’t stop watching.[/quote]:lol:

Eric F 03-31-20 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13715292)
Spoiler:

I still think the show is lame and manipulative but

Spoiler:
I can’t stop watching.
:lol:

mphtrilogy 04-01-20 12:39 PM

Scorched earth finale!