DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The DVDTalk Survivor Game Fall 2019 Edition - Island of the Idols (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/648609-dvdtalk-survivor-game-fall-2019-edition-island-idols.html)

Damfino 09-16-19 10:08 PM

The DVDTalk Survivor Game Fall 2019 Edition - Island of the Idols

Welcome to the DVDTalk Survivor Game no. 22 for the Fall 2019 season!

The season premiere is Sept. 25 and this time it's Island of the Idols. Two idols from Survivor history (Boston Rob and Sandra) will return as advisors. I don't know what that means yet.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...da9256c35e.jpg

The jist of the game: For an entry fee of just $5, everyone chooses one Survivor to latch on to before the reunion show. That is your guy. You root for that Survivor. If that Survivor ends up going all the way, then YOU will win a $40 Amazon.com gift certificate. 100% of the entry fees will go to the prize fund.

This season will once again be winner take all!

General rules:

This will be the contest thread for the entire season.

We will be using the first to post method for two rounds on draft night (Monday, Sept 23, 9 PM EDT, 6 PM PDT we will draft a woman and at 9:15/6:15 we will draft a man). You may post 1 and only 1 name during each round of the draft. This is strictly first-come-first-serve. Anybody posting a list will only have rights to the first name in the post. If that name has already been taken, you will need to post again.

This season's 20 Survivors are...

Lairo Tribe:
Aaron
Chelsea
Dean
Elaine
Elizabeth
Karishma
Missy
Ronnie
Tom L.
Vince

Vokai Tribe:
Dan
Jack
Jamal
Janet
Jason
Kellee
Lauren
Molly
Noura
Tommy S.

Refer to the CBS web site for more information on this season's contestants

Post now if you want to play and I will contact you with my PayPal information by PM.

All payments must be made via PayPal by 3 AM EDT Monday Sept 23. If you haven't paid by then, your spot may be released to another player.

Bopper Rule: If for whatever reason, an announced Survivor contestant that you drafted is replaced by a substitute during the show, you will get the substitute in place of your original pick. This rule also applies to the advisors Boston Rob and Sandra.

Please do not edit or delete posts during the draft, if your pick has already been taken or you were too early, you will need to post again. Screen captures will be taken during the draft and anyone caught deleting or editing a post will be given the last pick (AKA the Quack play) as a penalty. This rule will be strictly enforced.

The Borg are not a species.

Love Connection is a game show.

Please, please, please! Include your DVDTalk screen name in a comment with your PayPal payment! This is necessary so that I can match people up with their payments. Also, please use the "Send money to a friend" option as this will avoid seller fees.

If the contest doesn't sell out, the prize will be reduced and the unclaimed survivor contestants may be selected by the first people eliminated from our game.

The first round of the draft will be held Monday, Sept 23 at 9 PM Eastern (6 PM Pacific). In the first round we will draft the women. The DVDTalk timestamp of your post determines validity. If you are too early, you will need to post again.

The second round will be 15 minutes later when we draft the men.

Good Luck!

Damfino 09-16-19 10:08 PM

Re: The DVDTalk Survivor Game Fall 2019 Edition - Island of the Idols

DVDTalk Survivor Game Hall Of Fame:

1. Dadaluholla
2. Patman
3. Lunatikk
4. JuryDuty
5. Silly Burrito
6. Chowderhead
7. Davidh777
8. Quack
9. Jules Winfield
10. lwhy?
11. Damfino
12. Quack
13. Damfino
14. lwhy?
15. Davidh777
16. lwhy?
17. Navinabob
18. Navinabob
19. JuryDuty
20. Winky
21. JuryDuty
22. ?

Damfino 09-16-19 10:09 PM

Spots are currently reserved for:

Damfino $
JuryDuty (Our graphic artist) $
lwhy? (Assistant Game Moderator) $
Shannon Nutt $
winky $
cusm $
davidh777 $
chowderhead $

2 spots remain

Damfino 09-16-19 10:10 PM

Draft night advisory:

I am not a stickler for spelling on draft night, but keep in mind that this season we will have a Tom and a Tommy. Please be sure to post the right name if you are interested in these players

lwhy? 09-16-19 11:56 PM

I'm back as always.

Shannon Nutt 09-17-19 06:20 AM

Mark me down for a spot.

EDIT: Payment sent. Thanks.

Winky 09-17-19 07:04 AM

I am in.

Goldberg74 09-17-19 07:41 AM

I’m sitting this one out folks. Have fun!

Cusm 09-17-19 11:11 AM

I will donate again.

Damfino 09-17-19 04:13 PM

All above are in and payment info sent.

JuryDuty 09-17-19 04:39 PM

I'm in and just discovered five minutes ago that I won last season. That'll teach me not to check in! LOL Just take my payment out of my winnings. :toast:

lwhy? 09-18-19 09:12 PM

I'll bump this to the top. We're still looking for players. We have 14 open spots. Everyone is welcome to play. It makes watching Survivor a lot more fun.

Damfino 09-18-19 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 13610193)
I'll bump this to the top. We're still looking for players. We have 14 open spots. Everyone is welcome to play. It makes watching Survivor a lot more fun.

I fear this game may have run its course. I sent PM invitations to everyone that has played the last four seasons and yet we only have 6 entries so far and three of us are running the game.

i do have a plan for running the game with fewer participants if we need to.

lwhy? 09-18-19 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Damfino (Post 13610242)

I fear this game may have run its course. I sent PM invitations to everyone that has played the last four seasons and yet we only have 6 entries so far and three of us are running the game.

i do have a plan for running the game with fewer participants if we need to.

We could always do two picks per player if it comes down to it.

davidh777 09-19-19 01:31 AM

I’m having trouble finding the time to keep up with TV these days, but count me in for a spot.

Rob V 09-19-19 07:01 AM

I'm out this time...

Damfino 09-19-19 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 13610248)
We could always do two picks per player if it comes down to it.

That’s exactly what I had in mind.

JuryDuty 09-20-19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Damfino (Post 13610436)
That’s exactly what I had in mind.

It's funny, I still FAR prefer to watch Survivor with a pick here, as well as Amazing Race. I'd even do it for Big Brother. That said, the issue for me is I don't find myself logging into the forum near as much as I used to. There are just so many other social networks grabbing my attention that going somewhere specific has become slightly inconvenient. :P #firstworldproblems

Silly Burrito 09-20-19 09:50 PM

Yeah, I think the last time I played, I didn't even watch a single episode of Survivor. I like playing the game (it's pretty much the only reason I come back to the site), but I just got tired of the show. Maybe for next season if the rumors are true.

lwhy? 09-21-19 12:47 PM

We need at least three more players to do two picks per player. Anyone interested in playing? New member/players are more than welcome to join us.

chowderhead 09-21-19 06:01 PM

i really disliked what happened last season with extinction island i do like Boston Rob so I am in

JuryDuty 09-21-19 06:24 PM

Hey look! A game graphic!

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...67bd49a0a0.jpg

Damfino 09-22-19 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by chowderhead (Post 13611402)
i really disliked what happened last season with extinction island i do like Boston Rob so I am in

you weren't the only one.

Damfino 09-22-19 03:38 AM

I am capping this season’s game at 10 entries. We will have a 2 round draft at 9 PM EDT and 9:15 PM EDT. The first round we will all draft a woman and then a man in the second round.

Any unsold picks will go into a pool and can be chosen by the first eliminations.

More details later. I will also update the main post for these changes.

Two spots remain.

JuryDuty 09-22-19 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Damfino (Post 13611528)
I am capping this season’s game at 10 entries.

Hey, my chances of winning just doubled! :lol: