DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Undone (Amazon) -- rotoscoped animated series -- S: Rose Salazar, Bob Odenkirk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/648562-undone-amazon-rotoscoped-animated-series-s-rose-salazar-bob-odenkirk.html)

dex14 09-10-19 07:00 AM

Undone (Amazon) -- rotoscoped animated series -- S: Rose Salazar, Bob Odenkirk

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...1068ccab93.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6uWCNHQgfnc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UNDONE is a half-hour, genre-bending, animated series that explores the elastic nature of reality through its central character Alma, a twenty-eight-year-old living in San Antonio, Texas. After getting into a car accident and nearly dying, Alma finds she has a new relationship to time. She develops this new ability in order to find out the truth about her father’s death.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Angelique Cabral
· Bob Odenkirk as Jacob
· Constance Marie
· Daveed Diggs
· Jeanne Tripplehorn
· John Corbett
· Rosa Salazar as Alma Winograd-Diaz
· Sheila Vand
· Siddarth Dhananjay
· Tyler Posey

CREW INFORMATION:
· Craig Staggs as CO-PROD
· Hisko Hulsing as DIR
· Kate Purdy as CRTR/EP
· Noel Bright as EP
· Raphael Bob-Waksberg as CRTR/EP
· Steven A. Cohen as EP
· Tommy Pallotta as EP

whotony 09-14-19 11:06 PM

Re: Undone (Amazon) -- rotoscoped animated series -- S: Rose Salazar, Bob Odenkirk

The first three eps are amazing.

DWilson 09-15-19 05:24 AM

Re: Undone (Amazon) -- rotoscoped animated series -- S: Rose Salazar, Bob Odenkirk

I'm still waiting to see if a 4K version shows up....

GoldenJCJ 09-15-19 08:52 AM

There’s something about rotoscoped films that I find extremely pretentious. I don’t know why and I can’t quite put my finger on it but something about it just doesn’t sit right with me. I feel the same way about the Linklater film too. :shrug:

Gunde 09-15-19 09:07 AM

^ Probably because it boils down to "What the fuck is the point?"

whotony 09-15-19 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13608135)
I'm still waiting to see if a 4K version shows up....

Amazon replied to me on twitter about that.

TomOpus 09-15-19 11:12 AM

Have they even added a 4k version AFTER releasing a film without it?

Baron Of Hell 09-15-19 02:01 PM

Didn't care for the ending but liked the show overall. The cartoon filter with cartoons was interesting take. Probably was cheaper to do the special effects that way,

mrhan 09-16-19 11:43 AM

They could have done this as a one and done season. 10 episodes would have resolved the whole thing.

Spoiler:
It was kind of a let down it wasn't some big conspiracy and it was just Alma's dad being an asshole. The only victim is the lab assistant but bringing her and the dad back opens up a whole lot of other shit.

joeblow69 09-22-19 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by mrhan (Post 13608660)
They could have done this as a one and done season. 10 episodes would have resolved the whole thing.

Spoiler:
It was kind of a let down it wasn't some big conspiracy and it was just Alma's dad being an asshole. The only victim is the lab assistant but bringing her and the dad back opens up a whole lot of other shit.

I really liked it!
Spoiler:
There actually is no word yet that there is supposed to be a second season. According to the writer, the ending is supposed to be open ended, so you can decide for yourself what actually happens. A second season would "spoil" that.

whotony 09-22-19 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by joeblow69 (Post 13611576)
I really liked it!
Spoiler:
There actually is no word yet that there is supposed to be a second season. According to the writer, the ending is supposed to be open ended, so you can decide for yourself what actually happens. A second season would "spoil" that.

Thats the ending I just despise.
whats the point in telling a story then.

Tell a complete story.
I liked the show but the ending was bull shir.

joeblow69 09-22-19 12:10 PM

Yeah, if you aren't a fan of ambiguous endings, I could see how you would be upset with that. I was stoned through the whole thing, and I was totally fine with the way it ended.

funkyryno 10-01-19 01:07 PM

I was quite impressed with this. Almost didn't make it to the second episode, but once it started getting weird I was hooked.

The rotoscope animation is a gimmick, but I find it quite effect for this story, which would be a lot less interesting in a live-action setting.

RichC2 11-21-19 11:30 AM

Renewed for Season 2: https://deadline.com/2019/11/amazon-...dy-1202791757/

Tom Banjo 11-23-19 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 13611612)

Thats the ending I just despise.
whats the point in telling a story then.

Tell a complete story.
I liked the show but the ending was bull shir.

Agreed. I just watched this last week and the ending pissed me off.

dex14 04-26-22 08:29 AM

Season 2 streaming only on Prime Video April 29.

Jason Bovberg 05-11-22 11:49 AM

I hadn't paid attention, and suddenly season 2 appeared. Almost done with it. It's definitely keeping my attention (better than, say, season 2 of "Russian Doll"). Much more emotional/family-oriented than season 1's trippy sci-fi, but it works. I don't mind the rotoscope animation, even when it feels kinda cheap. There's a unique "otherness" to the style that works for the show.