Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable (Netflix) - S: Toni Collette, Merrit Wever, Kaitlyn Dever - premieres 9/13/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Unbelievable (Netflix) - S: Toni Collette, Merrit Wever, Kaitlyn Dever - premieres 9/13/19

Old 09-10-19, 06:57 AM

Inspired by real events, a teen reports and eventually recants her reported rape, while two female detectives, states away, investigate evidence that could reveal the truth.

Based on The Marshall Project and ProPublica Pulitzer Prize-winning article, "An Unbelievable Story of Rape," written by T. Christian Miller and Ken Armstrong, and the This American Life radio episode, “Anatomy of Doubt”, with episodes directed by Oscar nominees Susannah Grant and Lisa Cholodenko, "Unbelievable" is a story of unspeakable trauma, unwavering tenacity, and astounding resilience.

Showrunner Susannah Grant executive produces the series, from CBS Television Studios, along with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Lisa Cholodenko, Ayelet Waldman, Michael Chabon, Katie Couric, Richard Tofel, Neil Barsky, Robyn Semien, and Marie.
Old 09-12-19, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Unbelievable (Netflix) - S: Toni Collette, Merrit Wever, Kaitlyn Dever - premieres 9/13/19

Knowing the story I will have to pass on this. Nothing more really than a good L&O episode.
Old 09-13-19, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Unbelievable (Netflix) - S: Toni Collette, Merrit Wever, Kaitlyn Dever - premieres 9/13/19

I see myself eventually getting to this. It has strong reviews
Old 09-13-19, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Knowing the story I will have to pass on this. Nothing more really than a good L&O episode.
This
Old 09-13-19, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Is this supposed to discourage me from watching it? Cuz that description makes it sound like must-see TV. A "good L&O episode" is better than 75% of all other forms of movies and television, and I'm being conservative with that percentage.
Old 09-13-19, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Is this supposed to discourage me from watching it? Cuz that description makes it sound like must-see TV. A "good L&O episode" is better than 75% of all other forms of movies and television, and I'm being conservative with that percentage.
LMAO I thought the same thing. I watch L&O reruns literally every day week at some point (the original, not any of the spin-offs).
Old 09-13-19, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I was just thinking, "I'd like to watch a really good episode of Law and Order."
Old 09-15-19, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you don't already know the story yeah it may be worth watching. I would not know as I have not seen it nor plan too. I thought the story would make a good L&O episode and am pretty sure they have already done something similar. I didn't find the story all that remarkable and it is not too hard to figure out what really happened.