Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

Old 09-27-19, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I wonder if Rob and Sandra will enter the game as players at some point (the merge?).

They did it on Big Brother 14, where they had returning players act as coaches.
Part of their Idols "creed" was that they would not play the game or be eligible to win the prize money.
Old 09-27-19, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Part of their Idols "creed" was that they would not play the game or be eligible to win the prize money.
Also, they're both competing the next season ...
Old 09-28-19, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
If anyone jumped on the deal for the $3.99 season pass through Amazon, it looks like they are not fulfilling it, or even at the regular price. They now have the season walled off behind a CBS All Access subscription. Customer Service has no idea what is going on.
Looks like they fixed it.
Old 09-28-19, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Still haven't watched the episode, so I missed that.

(I tend to let things like BB, TAR, and Survivor pile up on my DVR because I find it easier to follow them when I know who is and isn't going to be a major player. I tend to half-ass my way through them until past the midpoint or later, then go back and binge when the cast is smaller.)

Old 09-28-19, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Felt kinda bad for Poe Dameron going out first after him talking about all his jobs and stuff, but he was overplaying as someone else said.
This is the first season that I am not feeling the cast at all. No idea who to root for...maybe the hockey guy.
Old 09-28-19, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still haven't watched the episode, so I missed that.

(I tend to let things like BB, TAR, and Survivor pile up on my DVR because I find it easier to follow them when I know who is and isn't going to be a major player. I tend to half-ass my way through them until past the midpoint or later, then go back and binge when the cast is smaller.)
If I had more time and patience I've wondered how it would seem to go back and watch the first half of the season after seeing the end, to know what sort of moments really meant something and swung the game versus which were just noise. After all, that's how the show is edited. When they cut the episodes they already know how everything plays out.
Old 10-02-19, 08:20 PM

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

I know its been said MANY times before but if this show hasn't 'jumped the shark' already it definitely has with this season!

Everytime they show those giant Bawsten Rob and Sandra heads on the beach I cringe. What were they thinking?!?

The whole schtick of these two 'experts' giving advice on how to win is already tired. But they are stuck with it for another 12 episodes now.
When are the producers going to learn? You don't have to change the formula up every season by messing with the game rules, adding immunity idols, exile islands, and other stupid gimmicks.

What matters is the casting!!!! We watch these shows to see how these people survive. Keep finding interesting characters we want to watch and we will. We don't need stupid wooden heads on a beach! Ugh!
Old 10-02-19, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
What matters is the casting!!!! We watch these shows to see how these people survive. Keep finding interesting characters we want to watch and we will. We don't need stupid wooden heads on a beach! Ugh!
Don't give a shit about a single person and not only that but most of them are already grating. I really don't get it. How hard is it to cast a dozen interesting people and a couple hotties out of the tens of thousands who apply every season? Are there just too many reality shows now? This is a growing trend across multiple shows. Maybe they think people want to see everyman/woman types so they're deliberately casting average stiffs.
Old 10-02-19, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching tonight: What a dull cast. I'm not necessarily looking for over-the-top personalities or antics, but man you have to give me something to work with. Two full episodes in and I'm having a really tough time coming up with any interest in this season.
Old 10-02-19, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh, and Boston Rob's questions were a total joke. Should've just given her an immunity idol.
Old 10-02-19, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And what happened to waiting for the contestant to try and "negotiate" a better offer? She hardly had a chance to consider the first one before they threw a better one her way.
Old 10-03-19, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I was sick of Sandra and Boston Rob before this, but now I really can't stand them. And they're coming back again next season. Argh!
Old 10-08-19, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
And they're coming back again next season. Argh!
They are? Is Probst going to wind up ruining the show that made him rich (now that he has more control)? Wouldn't that be ironic?

This season is pretty lame so far. I agree it's pretty poorly cast with contestants. I don't know if I'd still be watching if I weren't in the DVD Talk contest.
Old 10-08-19, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
They are? Is Probst going to wind up ruining the show that made him rich (now that he has more control)? Wouldn't that be ironic?

This season is pretty lame so far. I agree it's pretty poorly cast with contestants. I don't know if I'd still be watching if I weren't in the DVD Talk contest.
Rob and Sandra are coming back because Season 40 is an "All-Winners" season, so they will be among some other familiar faces.
Old 10-08-19, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts

All Winners is a decent premise... but they need more polarizing people if they want to keep the show fun. Having the same "generic" group doesn't make for great theater. The only "crazy" one appears to be Noura and she's not really that bad. Bring back Russell!!
Old 10-08-19, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Bring back Russell!!
No thank you. He'll just be a bitch boy again when he loses and give out detailed spoilers so they are all over the internet. I guess the good thing is when I was spoiled about the final three (and winner) about three episodes into HvV, I stopped watching.
Old 10-08-19, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Been saying this for years. They need to have a season with all the players who were voted out first compete.
Old 10-08-19, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Been saying this for years. They need to have a season with all the players who were voted out first compete.
Pass. If they were so obnoxious or clueless that they went out first, why would I want a whole season of that?

I do not mind the Rob and Sandra thing, at least not yet. I am intrigued as to how the two who have been so far are playing it off and curious to see if that will bite them in the ass later. I am not sure what their strategy is by completely lying. You do not have to say everything that went down, but I see no benefit in hiding the fact that Rob and Sandra are there. Just tell everyone they were there, they taught you how to build a fire, and move on.
Old 10-08-19, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Pass. If they were so obnoxious or clueless that they went out first, why would I want a whole season of that?

I do not mind the Rob and Sandra thing, at least not yet. I am intrigued as to how the two who have been so far are playing it off and curious to see if that will bite them in the ass later. I am not sure what their strategy is by completely lying. You do not have to say everything that went down, but I see no benefit in hiding the fact that Rob and Sandra are there. Just tell everyone they were there, they taught you how to build a fire, and move on.
My understanding is that they were told not to reveal that they met Rob and Sandra (however, this has not been shown), though they admitted there was nothing to keep them from doing it anyway, and, eventually people will compare notes.
Old 10-08-19, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
They could do a Survivor season where it's all people who were voted off first, and set in a cold environment like Alaska or Antarctica.

And they can call it "Survivor: This is why we didn't want to do it."

Old 10-08-19, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I've watched this show since season one and this is the first time I've bailed on it without extenuating circumstances like moving cross-country and having newborns. Just boring from top to bottom and doesn't even have the decency to be bad enough for hate watching.
Old 10-09-19, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DWilson
Rob and Sandra are coming back because Season 40 is an "All-Winners" season, so they will be among some other familiar faces.
So they're competing in that season? That will be a little better, I guess. Depends on who else is along for the ride. I really can't stand Sandra. Boston Rob is a little more tolerable - primarily because I know so many guys exactly like him.
Old 10-09-19, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They could do a Survivor season where it's all people who were voted off first, and set in a cold environment like Alaska or Antarctica.

And they can call it "Survivor: This is why we didn't want to do it."
That was the original intent of the series - a bunch of different environments - but I think Probst mentioned very early on in the run that they quickly discovered the show doesn't work very well away from a beach, so they've pretty much decided it's always going to be in that kind of location from now on.
Old 10-10-19, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Going home with an unused immunity idol. It would be one thing to risk holding onto it if it was usable until late in the game like the hidden ones are, but not playing it when it is only good for the next two is a bad call. Better to ensure yourself a few more days and see what happens.
Old 10-10-19, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some unusual editing choices in this episode. The scene with Karishma cutting her hand seemed "off". She cuts her hand and then it gets worse and she's crumpled over and the tribe is either ignoring her or giving her the side-eye. And then in her narration she lifts up her hand, now professionally bandaged by the Med Team. It seems like some information was left out to paint a particular picture (or maybe not). Also, it seems odd that they ignored Vince's return from the island and what happened thereafter.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.