Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-19, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Re: Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

This was like the 3rd or 4th episode without a visit to Idol Island. That concept was a total bust.
Old 11-21-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
This was like the 3rd or 4th episode without a visit to Idol Island. That concept was a total bust.
As lame as the ones they left in were imagine how bad the ones they cut out must have been.
Old 11-21-19, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the worst one for me was the Necklace of Power. It kind of made me think that it was something that the producers of Joe Schmoe would cook up cuz it just sounds so stupid.
But this Island of Idols thing is really really bad.
Old 11-21-19, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Neitzl
I think the worst one for me was the Necklace of Power. It kind of made me think that it was something that the producers of Joe Schmoe would cook up...
If only! How amazing would it be if Probst said:
One of you is about to say goodbye to the island, and return to your sad existence of working for the man.
(
extinguishes a torch)
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, you are dead to us. Please leave.
Old 11-21-19, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

Can the producers just admit that they plant idols for people that need them? I mean this has been going on for a long time on the show, but it was never more obvious as it was with Karishma - who wasn't even out LOOKING for an idol.
You can almost see the cameramen and boom mike operators gesturing and pointing to the places where idols are hidden for clueless castaways.

Old 11-21-19, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
You can almost see the cameramen and boom mike operators gesturing and pointing to the places where idols are hidden for clueless castaways.
I picture the crew munching on granola bars and sipping energy drinks as they casually follow the players around the island, until... Suddenly they get quiet and start paying attention and the player thinks, "Whoa, something is happening." Then as they go further the crew goes back to sipping Red Bull. So the player circles back and then the cameras get real close again... And so on. The crew are an idol location device if you use them right.
Old 11-21-19, 09:43 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts

“Life goes on. It’s not a brain tumor.”
Old 11-21-19, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
Well, your wish has been granted since 2 of the 4 people you mention got voted out.
Thanks ... that's enough of a spoiler to get me to not bail. Thankfully (for my entertainment's sake, at least) we moved quickly past last week's ugliness to an episode that focuses on gameplay. Notwithstanding Missy's last ditch attempt at playing the race card with Jeff

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I like how Missy was telling Tommy that she wasnt coming after him even though only the two of them had votes. Yeah Missy wrote her own name down and didnt vote for Tommy at all.
I know! That made zero sense. Then again, there are people that will lie, be confronted with 100% rock-solid evidence that they were lying, and still insist on the lie. That drives me nuts (especially when I see it work on some people).

Originally Posted by Finisher
Karishma was gone an hour and only had two coconuts, so I'm sure she was looking. Just very slowly and lazily.
I can't wrap my head around the fact that she's a trial lawyer. After seeing this show, I wouldn't like my chances if she was ever defending me.

Originally Posted by DWilson
Contestants blame the editing, but I think you get a pretty decent sketch of what a person is like; I'm sure we got a pretty good picture last night of what both Missy and Karishma are like most of the time.
And what the hell was with Missy to Elizabeth: "Kill Elaine. Slowly and methodically." WTF?!? When it's your last moment before leaving the game, editing has nothing to do with it (since that will always be shown). Because Elaine dared to vote her out? And unlike Missy, told her to her face that she did so (but not in a malicious way)?

Last edited by brainee; 11-21-19 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-26-19, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Update on Silas from Season 3

https://people.com/crime/survivor-af...sault-charges/

Old 11-27-19, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice. Now we just need Dan to get out of there (who apparently sees himself as a Godfather running things and issuing orders).
Old 11-30-19, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

At the rate this season is going, the final tribal is going to be a herd of goats, as the "cool kids" turn on each other. It will only take a goat revolt to vote off the last "cool kid."
Old 12-05-19, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not sure I see where Elaine's vote for Karishma came from (of course, this show often edits things together so the end is a "surprise"). And it seems odd that Dan and Janet were the only ones (along with Karishma) to vote for Noura. I will say that Noura's a hell of lot more entertaining than Karishma ... I liked Dean's frustration with her lack of grasp on numbers and Noura's tribal council planning with leaves

I think alliances are out the window now. 7 people is low enough that everyone is plotting who they want to be with at final tribal council. Well, everyone except for Noura who is probably stuck trying to work the math out
Old 12-05-19, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brainee
Well, everyone except for Noura who is probably stuck trying to work the math out
It was pretty funny watching Dean as it finally sank in just how foolish it would be to hitch his wagon to that dingbat.
Old 12-11-19, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Wow, crazy about Dan tonight. Don't think it's ever happened before where someone was yanked from the show aside from injuries. And how does this affect the number of people on the jury?
Old 12-11-19, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Seems fishy. Was CBS just hoping he'd be voted off before the finale and when he wasn't just decided to pull him? Jeff won't be giving any details it seems.
Old 12-11-19, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Wow, crazy about Dan tonight. Don't think it's ever happened before where someone was yanked from the show aside from injuries. And how does this affect the number of people on the jury?
This is the first ejection. Jeff is not giving any details, and the contestants weren't given any, -for privacy concerns. The Reunion show will be taped four hours before it's broadcast "for security concerns".
Old 12-11-19, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

So they keep a predator in the game only until it affects the crew? That's fucked up.
Old 12-11-19, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,189 Likes on 4,216 Posts

Yeah, that's pretty surprising and weird
Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
So they keep a predator in the game only until it affects the crew? That's fucked up.
To be fair, this was the first incident (as far as we know) since Dan was given his personal warning and put on Double Secret Probation.

My 13 year old son is so friggin smart. First thing he does after watching the episode with me is turn to me and say "Well now Dean will never know if his Legacy Advantage is fake because they never had a Tribal Council at 6!". I just stared at him and wondered how his mind works.
Old 12-11-19, 11:31 PM

Kellie Kim's statement :
Spoiler:

Old 12-11-19, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You also have to keep in mind that the game was kept going, and "CBS Legal" may have had to get their ducks in a row before Dan could be ejected. The incident might not have occurred between the Tribal Council and Jeff's appearance, -and there were probably a whole lot of meetings. They have to tread carefully because Dan might just call his lawyers.
Old 12-11-19, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
My 13 year old son is so friggin smart. First thing he does after watching the episode with me is turn to me and say "Well now Dean will never know if his Legacy Advantage is fake because they never had a Tribal Council at 6!". I just stared at him and wondered how his mind works.
And we were robbed of seeing Dean's plan of getting everyone to vote for him ... only to play his "advantage" ... and for Jeff to pop his balloon and tell him it's fake

Was there really nothing better they could've done for Dean to earn his reward than flipping a coin? Only slightly less lame than Jamal's fate.

So many questions about the deal with Dan. I'm sure the show is covering their asses with NDAs, but I think something will slip out eventually.

What a weird kind-of awful season. Thankfully only one more episode left. And I'd be surprised if the reunion special wasn't a complete whitewash (since they'll have to steer clear of talking about Dan).
Old 12-11-19, 11:53 PM

It will be a nine member jury now, right? It could theoretically be a three way tie which would be awful (and a very appropriate end to the season).
Old 12-11-19, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Privacy Issues" will be their shield for discussing (or not discussing) much of this. Saying that it's not another contestant is another way of diverting the conversation. I read elsewhere that CBS has allowed some of the contestants not to be interviewed after they are out of the game (part of what you sign up for is doing interviews about your experience). Aaron and Missy refused EW interviews and Aaron would only agree to e-mail interviews.

I was curious about the reunion even before this. They've been making them shorter and shorter and more facile and shallow with each season. This time they've got more to discuss than the average "Bachelor" reunion show.
Old 12-12-19, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
It will be a nine member jury now, right? It could theoretically be a three way tie which would be awful (and a very appropriate end to the season).
They'll probably let Rob and Sandra vote in that case.
Old 12-12-19, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by windom
They'll probably let Rob and Sandra vote in that case.
They've already stated the rules in case of a tie, -I forget what they are, -but I remember it as being a bit frustrating.
Note: I just looked it up. The third place finisher confers with the jury and casts the deciding vote. If it's a three-way tie, -hmm, ...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.