Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Morning Show (Apple TV+) -- S: Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carell

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Morning Show (Apple TV+) -- S: Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carell

Old 09-17-21, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
Re: The Morning Show (Apple TV+) -- S: Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carell

Billy Cruddup is one of the best actors in recent years. Fuck.
The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (09-17-21)
Old 09-17-21, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: The Morning Show (Apple TV+) -- S: Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carell

Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Billy Cruddup is one of the best actors in recent years. Fuck.
he is, Iím gonna have to watch final ep of season 1 again. I can barely remember what happened two years ago.
Old 09-17-21, 04:07 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 454 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Bump

Season 2 premieres Friday morning
you wrote this Friday morning at 2am. you confused the shit out of me. i got a Ted Lasso alert on iPhone, but nothing for TMS.
Old 09-17-21, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,663 Likes on 1,220 Posts

Just finished the 1st episode. It had a few odd moments (Bradley and Eric doing that weird song and dance), but overall a good start. Crudup was great. He really carried the episode. That was an intense moment when Bradley chewed him out. I felt like she was more hurt that Corey kept that from her because she thought they were close friends.

at the end when Corey saw on the ticker that Hannah's family filed the wrongful death suit against UBA....."Fuck!" It was nice seeing Reese back to her natural hair color.

I was a little confused. Corey was being "fired" by the board of UBA after the incident, but they then jump forward in time and Corey is like running the network. I felt like I was missing something.
Old 09-17-21, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk God

So on the behind the scenes extra after the episode, they revealed the episodes they shot pre-pandemic were indeed scrapped.

Also the Times square sequence on New Years Eve was all shot on green screen in Los Angeles with visual effects. That sequence looked pretty good.
Old 09-17-21, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 649 Likes on 505 Posts

Will probably watch this tonight. Billy Crudup POWER!
Old 09-17-21, 11:54 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Love this show. Great setup for s2
Old 09-18-21, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,898 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
So on the behind the scenes extra after the episode, they revealed the episodes they shot pre-pandemic were indeed scrapped.

Also the Times square sequence on New Years Eve was all shot on green screen in Los Angeles with visual effects. That sequence looked pretty good.
Wow that was a good effect. I had no idea.

I enjoyed this episode a lot. So nice to finally have it back. Crudip is amazing as always. And I loved Reese singing and dancing and want it in every single episode.
Old 09-25-21, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,898 Posts

Wow, Valerina Golino sighting! And arenít Will Arnett and Holland Taylor a little overqualified for their parts?

Still I mostly liked the episode. Moved the story forward. Little worried about Danny flying to Wuhan Province on ďChina AseanĒ Airlines.

And while I love Billy Crudip as much as any unrelated straight male could, Iím a little worried that heís becoming too much the focus of the show. I think Cory works best as a behind the scenes supporting character, not the central focus of the story. Hopefully heíll go back to that now that Bradly and Alex are back together. I donít want him to turn into 30 Rockís Jack Donaghy.
Old 09-25-21, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Bradley and Alex’s confrontation was pretty tense. Overall I enjoyed it and yeah it moved things forward. Bradley is still very angry at Cory.

Interested in seeing how it goes with Chip coming back in the mix and how that affects his relationship with his fiancť.

Yeah Danny flying to Wuhan, I don’t see good things coming from what is about to transpire.

and I didn’t realize that was Valerina Golina. Haven’t heard that name in decades.
Old 09-26-21, 10:56 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I only recently,y watched Hot Shots so should have got Valeria.
Old 10-09-21, 09:55 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Off to a Strong start. Man itís hard rewatching the start of COVId again.
Old 10-25-21, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Fell behind a few weeks on this. Watched episode 3 last night and

Reese and Julianna Margulies making out. That was unexpected

Old 10-25-21, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 601 Likes on 485 Posts

Binged season 1 and found it quite entertaining.

fell asleep during the first episode of Season 2 though , but nice to have a few episodes to catch up on.
Old 11-04-21, 03:54 PM

Received 2,612 Likes on 1,792 Posts

I am really not into this season, and judging from the lack of comments (especially after a major event during the ending of the last episode), I am not the only one.
Old 11-04-21, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

S2 is up and down for me. Too much is getting back to where they were, the stakes feel lower and it's just not super interesting, I did like episode 7 though.
Old 11-04-21, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Alright I just got caught up. Since the most recent episode aired 7 days ago, I'm not going to spoiler tag the big plot point.

I wasn't really surprised the big end with Mitch getting killed off at the end. Since this was an Alex and Mitch centered episode, I felt like it was set up for their big confrontation and to bring closure to this storyline. Now the series can move on.

There was some good performances in this episode by Carrell and Aniston.

I'm sure once Alex gets back to the States and gets word of Mitch's death, she will be a wreck once again.

Old 11-04-21, 11:05 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

It’s been a good season. Not great but good. Great performances
Old 11-09-21, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ep 8 was pretty brutal and probably the strongest episode this season imo. The higher ups with glee in their eyes for a big story was something they haven't shown much of.

Last edited by RichC2; 11-09-21 at 10:32 PM.
BDB (11-09-21)
Old 11-19-21, 10:37 AM

Received 2,612 Likes on 1,792 Posts

Season finale is up. After really loving Season 1, this season was a pretty big step down for me. I didn't care about anything that happened.
uteotw (11-22-21)
Old 11-19-21, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Season finale is up. After really loving Season 1, this season was a pretty big step down for me. I didn't care about anything that happened.
Same. I kept waiting for season 2 to "get good" but it just kind of stalled out and ended.
Old 11-22-21, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
Same. I kept waiting for season 2 to "get good" but it just kind of stalled out and ended.
Agree 100%. Very lackluster finale. Hopefully we get a S3 and it bounces back. If that was the series finale then, meh.
Old 11-22-21, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't disagree, didn't think it was bad but it wasn't super compelling.

Still, I do hope it gets a 3rd season to, at the very least, wrap everything up.

An issue I have with the show right now, even if there is a time jump, is that this is an entire era I have no interest in revisiting, even in fictionalized form.
Old 11-22-21, 10:22 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Agreed...underwhelming finale and season. Though I'll likely tune in for another season if it comes back.
Old 01-10-22, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...aa5dee56334940

Renewed. They hired a new showrunner as well.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.