Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Why Women Kill (Paramount+) C: Marc Cherry, S: Lucy Liu, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kirby Howell-Baptiste

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Why Women Kill (Paramount+) C: Marc Cherry, S: Lucy Liu, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kirby Howell-Baptiste

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-19, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

CURRENT SEASON: 1 (10 episodes)

DESCRIPTION:
(from CBS's press release, June 2019) CBS All Access announced today that its new original series WHY WOMEN KILL, a darkly comedic drama created by Marc Cherry ("Desperate Housewives," "Devious Maids"), will premiere on Thursday, August 15. Episodes of WHY WOMEN KILL's 10-episode first season will be available on demand weekly on Thursdays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers. WHY WOMEN KILL details the lives of three women living in three different decades: a housewife in the '60s, a socialite in the '80s and a lawyer in 2019, each dealing with infidelity in their marriages. The series will examine how the roles of women have changed, but how their reaction to betrayal... has not. WHY WOMEN KILL stars Lucy Liu, Ginnifer Goodwin and Kirby Howell-Baptiste. The cast includes Jack Davenport, Sam Jaeger, Reid Scott, Alexandra Daddario, Sadie Calvano, Leo Howard, Alicia Coppola and Katie Finneran.
First episode is available. It was decent but they've probably locked me in with (a potentially naked?) Alexandra Daddario.
Old 08-16-19, 02:17 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
re: Why Women Kill (Paramount+) C: Marc Cherry, S: Lucy Liu, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kirby Howell-Baptiste

I like Marc Cherry so would tune in if I were a subscriber.
Old 08-22-19, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
re: Why Women Kill (Paramount+) C: Marc Cherry, S: Lucy Liu, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kirby Howell-Baptiste

Having watched the trailer I'll say this, it has lotsa pretty colors. It's like I'm watching Thor Ragnarok. I'm going to check it out.
Old 08-23-19, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts

Watched the first episode, mainly because it had Liu and Goodwin. It was OK so far. But I didn't know Alexandra Daddario was in it, sooo BONUS!

First episode is available to stream on IMDB tv
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9054904/
Scroll down to Watch the Free premier...

From the creator of “Desperate Housewives” comes “Why Women Kill,” a darkly comedic drama that details the lives of three women living in three different decades: a housewife in the ’60s a socialite in the ’80s and a lawyer in 2019, each dealing with infidelity in their marriages. The series explores how the roles of women have changed but how their reaction to betrayal has not. Stream the premiere episode of the all new "Why Women Kill" for FREE on IMDb, from Aug. 22 to Aug. 28. Sign-in required (mature content).

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 08-23-19 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-06-21, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

So I binged the first season and it's a great little series. Lucy Liu is the standout, because her character is so outrageous. I was laughing out loud during the scene at the ball in one of the early episodes. It's supposed to be Mexican themed but the waitstaff are wearing Flamenco shirts with the puffy sleeves. She makes a comment along the lines of, "They still speak Spanish south of border, right?" Her husband responds with something like, "Not south of the border in Spain, unless you mean France."

It's on Paramount+ -- the first season looks terrific and it's only HD, so that was surprising. Season 2 has the first two episodes up and are in 4K DV, but I will wait until all episodes are live before I binge.
Old 12-15-21, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Renewed for season 3: https://tvline.com/2021/12/15/why-wo...aramount-plus/

Season 2 was very good. I would recommend it if you have P+ and like Marc Cherry's style of humor. Many twists along the way and it never got boring. Very entertaining overall.
Old 07-01-22, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Why Women Kill (Paramount+) C: Marc Cherry, S: Lucy Liu, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kirby Howell-Baptiste

Canceled despite the previous renewal. No season: https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/why...us-1235307752/

I wonder if this relates at all to reports here that The Challenge All Stars and Real World Homecoming might not be continuing. Is Paramount+ trying to cut costs? Did they blow all their money Halo and Kurtzman Trek?

I might be the only one here who watched both season, but they were both very good. A very enjoyable and light-hearted (despite the subject matter) show.
Old 07-01-22, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Why Women Kill (Paramount+) C: Marc Cherry, S: Lucy Liu, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kirby Howell-Baptiste

Originally Posted by windom
Canceled despite the previous renewal. No season: https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/why...us-1235307752/

I wonder if this relates at all to reports here that The Challenge All Stars and Real World Homecoming might not be continuing. Is Paramount+ trying to cut costs? Did they blow all their money Halo and Kurtzman Trek?

I might be the only one here who watched both season, but they were both very good. A very enjoyable and light-hearted (despite the subject matter) show.
Coming this fall, Star Trek: Femme Fatales, Star Trek: Challenge All Stars, and Star Trek Homecoming
Old 07-01-22, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Halo was a Showtime show, not Paramount+. They just swapped it with The Man Who Fell to Earth.