TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: War of the Worlds 2 (MTV) -- premieres 8/28/19

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-19, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: The Challenge: War of the Worlds 2 (MTV) -- premieres 8/28/19

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Sorry if mentioned before or if this is old news... but did you guys know that on PLUTO TV they have a 24hr "Challenge" channel among the other Viacom MTV channels they added? I just discovered it a couple days ago.
Thanks for mentioning Pluto TV. I installed it on my TCL Roku TV and have been watching challenges ever since. It's crazy how many people have been on the show that were popular good competitors that have been long forgotten.
Old 09-25-19, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Thanks for mentioning Pluto TV. I installed it on my TCL Roku TV and have been watching challenges ever since. It's crazy how many people have been on the show that were popular good competitors that have been long forgotten.
Do they show seasons 1-20 on there? I looked on mtv.com and they only have the last ten seasons. I really want to watch the older seasons like Fresh Meat 2 and the original Real World/Road Rules challenge seasons.

Last edited by lwhy?; 09-25-19 at 04:47 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Old 09-25-19, 04:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Do they show seasons 1-20 on there? I look on mtv.com and they only have the last ten seasons. I really want to watch the older seasons like Fresh Meat 2 and the original Real World/Road Rules challenge seasons.
I don't know. As far as I know the challenges are only shown live and not on demand and right now they're showing one from six or seven years ago
Old 09-26-19, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

And the irony play is complete. Both challenge throwers are out.

Nice job by the Challenge production team to let the series of events play out naturally. Given that of course they know how things went they let it breathe and didn't give in to the temptation of overplaying their hand with cheap foreshadowing and such.

Also, is it just me or has the music used in the show taken a massive step up in quality this season?
Old 10-07-19, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went on vacation and haven't been able to watch the last two episodes until recently. It's always nice to see Bananas go out early. I saw that he, Wes, and Laurel were walking the red carpet at one of the MTV Awards shows. The Challenge was still filming this season at that time, so I had a feeling all three were eliminated early. Has Bananas had Botox or work done? His face looked a bit plastic this season. It could also have had to do with the shape of his beard too. There's so much infighting on the American team, that I wouldn't be upset if a CT lead UK team upset the Americans. Some of the Americans are getting insufferable.
Old 10-09-19, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are the seasons I've seen on the Pluto TV app: Battle of the Seasons, Free Agents, Bloodlines, Exes 2, Rivals 3, Invasion of the Champions and Dirty 30.

Last edited by JCWBobC; 10-11-19 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-14-19, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finished the latest episode this morning while I was working out. I'm surprised Jordan hasn't learned that yelling in someone's face might ended up getting you punched. Bear was was much more easier to handle this season than last season, but it's still good to see him go.
Old 10-21-19, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Double elimination on the past week's episode. I'm surprised Kyle was nominated. Is team UK really wanting to lose their best players? I wonder how many players will be left on each team when they finally run the final. If this week's episode was the halfway point, this season may run until Christmas.
Old 10-21-19, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also, Today is departure day for season 35 of The Challenge. Here's an incomplete list of who's going to be on the new season:

Spoiler:

1. Billy Reliech (Ellen's Gardener, What Happens at the abby & ex on the beach 3)
2. Chris "Swaggy C" Williams (Bug Brother 20)
3. Cory Wharton (Real World: Explosion & Teen Mom)
4. CT Tamburello (Real World: Paris)
5. Faysal “Fessy” Shafaat (Big Brother 20)
6. Jay Starret (Survivor & Ex on the Beach)
7. Johnny Bananas (Real World: Key West)
8. Jordan Wiseley (Real World: Portland)
9. Josh Martinez (Big Brother)
10. Kyle Christie (Geordie Shore)
11. Nelson Thomas (Are you the one? 3 & ex on the beach 3)
12. Rogan O'connor (Ex on the beach)
13. Stephen Bear (Shipwrecked: TheIsland)
14. Wes Bergmann (Real World: Austin)

1. Aneesa Ferreira (Real World: Chicago)
2. Ashley Mitchell (Real World: Explosion)
3. Bayleigh Dayton (Big Brother 20)
4. Big T (Shipwrecked)
5. Dee Nguyen (Geordie Shore)
6. Jenna Compano (Real World: Explosion)
7. Jennifer West (Survival of the fittest UK)
8. Kailah Casillas (Real World: Go big & Lindsay Lohan Beach Club)
9. Mattie Lynn Breaux (Party Down South/Floribama Shore)
10. Melissa Reeves (Ex on the beach UK)
11. Nany Gonzalez (Real World: Las Vegas 2)
12. Tori Deal (Are You The one? 3)

Last edited by lwhy?; 10-21-19 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-21-19, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, Today is departure day for season 35 of The Challenge. Here's an incomplete list of who's going to be on the new season:

Spoiler:

1. Billy Reliech (Ellen's Gardener, What Happens at the abby & ex on the beach 3)
2. Chris "Swaggy C" Williams (Bug Brother 20)
3. Cory Wharton (Real World: Explosion & Teen Mom)
4. CT Tamburello (Real World: Paris)
5. Faysal “Fessy” Shafaat (Big Brother 20)
6. Jay Starret (Survivor & Ex on the Beach)
7. Johnny Bananas (Real World: Key West)
8. Jordan Wiseley (Real World: Portland)
9. Josh Martinez (Big Brother)
10. Kyle Christie (Geordie Shore)
11. Rogan O'connor (Ex on the beach)
12. Stephen Bear (Shipwrecked: TheIsland)
13. Wes Bergmann (Real World: Austin)

1. Aneesa Ferreira (Real World: Chicago)
2. Ashley Mitchell (Real World: Explosion)
3. Bayleigh Dayton (Big Brother 20)
4. Big T (Shipwrecked)
5. Dee Nguyen (Geordie Shore)
6. Jenna Compano (Real World: Explosion)
7. Jennifer West (Survival of the fittest UK)
8. Kailah Casillas (Real World: Go big & Lindsay Lohan Beach Club)
9. Mattie Lynn Breaux (Party Down South/Floribama Shore)
10. Melissa Reeves (Ex on the beach UK)
11. Nany Gonzalez (Real World: Las Vegas 2)
12. Tori Deal (Are You The one? 3)
Spoiler:
Wow, looks like they are all-in on bringing the CBS reality folks into the show. I'm not a Big Brother fan, but I guess it helps keep the cast fresh (and a bit bloated) since Real World may as well not even exist any more.

I hope they drop the US/UK angle. It limits interaction between the regulars and the unknown players which means they stay unknown.

Nice to see Jenna back...but no Zach is interesting. Probably better for them as a couple to alternate seasons.
Old 10-21-19, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, no Cara is like no Bananas. Natalie isn’t back, Laurel is a no, Georgia is a no. If they bring in new people, they should be able to do better than Josh and now Swaggy. Nice to see Jenna back but she’ll look good for a few weeks and get eliminated.

I probably won’t stop watching the Challenge until I retire and move with my wife to Portugal and if it airs there, we’ll keep watching still.

However, this is one of the worst groups I can recall. Jordan is always a great performer but has an annoying personality and even listening to Wes talk is annoying.

A lot more people this season I don’t like very much compared with this pretty great season airing now and as far back as I can remember.
Old 10-21-19, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Wow, no Cara is like no Bananas. Natalie isn’t back, Laurel is a no, Georgia is a no. If they bring in new people, they should be able to do better than Josh and now Swaggy. Nice to see Jenna back but she’ll look good for a few weeks and get eliminated.

I probably won’t stop watching the Challenge until I retire and move with my wife to Portugal and if it airs there, we’ll keep watching still.

However, this is one of the worst groups I can recall. Jordan is always a great performer but has an annoying personality and even listening to Wes talk is annoying.

A lot more people this season I don’t like very much compared with this pretty great season airing now and as far back as I can remember.
That list isn't complete. It's a living breathing list. The source behind it is pretty accurate, but they've been wrong before. I think the potential female cast is really strong. I feel like Cara needs a break and The Challenge fans need a break from her. I'm completely fine with her not being on the next season.
Old 10-21-19, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That list isn't complete. It's a living breathing list. The source behind it is pretty accurate, but they've been wrong before. I think the potential female cast is really strong. I feel like Cara needs a break and The Challenge fans need a break from her. I'm completely fine with her not being on the next season.
Whether you like her or not, she has basically been the female “star” of the show who always returns like Bananas. He doesn’t take a break and there have been plenty of times where it would have been nice, although he’s just there to get his appearance fee and promote his brand now because he will be lucky to even get to another final.

I think it’s a weak cast, male and female. Hope you are right that a few more people I tend to enjoy watching are added.
Old 10-21-19, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Whether you like her or not, she has basically been the female “star” of the show who always returns like Bananas. He doesn’t take a break and there have been plenty of times where it would have been nice, although he’s just there to get his appearance fee and promote his brand now because he will be lucky to even get to another final.

I think it’s a weak cast, male and female. Hope you are right that a few more people I tend to enjoy watching are added.
This is spoiler tagged speculation in regards to Cara.
Spoiler:
Cara isn't on because Paulie supposedly didn't pass the psych test you have to do to be on the show.... He apparently made some disturbing comments in some online videos. Production declined to cast him due to that. Cara won't go on the show without him.

Last edited by lwhy?; 10-21-19 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-22-19, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is spoiler tagged speculation in regards to Cara.
Spoiler:
Cara isn't on because Paulie supposedly didn't pass the psych test you have to do to be on the show.... He apparently made some disturbing comments in some online videos. Production declined to cast him due to that. Cara won't go on the show without him.
Not sure how Paulie ever
Spoiler:
passed a psych test in his life.

They should have brought Georgia back. She has a very Cara (before her head got too big vibe) about her and I was definitely expecting at least one more Laurel appearance.
Old 10-22-19, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not sure how Paulie ever
Spoiler:
passed a psych test in his life.

They should have brought Georgia back. She has a very Cara (before her head got too big vibe) about her and I was definitely expecting at least one more Laurel appearance.
Spoiler:
Georgia is just taking a season off. She'll be back.Laurel is taping Ex on the Peak and she's in vet school. She'll be back. These people have lives and aren't going to be on every season. This season will shoot through Thanksgiving. I can see people passing on this season due to that. Being on every single season takes a toll on you mentally and physically.
Old 10-22-19, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read an article that Paulie and Cara broke up over texts he was sending to his ex-girlfriend, even though he & Cara were supposed to be in an open relationship.
Old 10-23-19, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
Read an article that Paulie and Cara broke up over texts he was sending to his ex-girlfriend, even though he & Cara were supposed to be in an open relationship.
They seemed very happy together as of today from what I can see on her Instagram.
Old 10-23-19, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Couple of new additions to season 35
Spoiler:
Tori Hall and Kayla Fitzgerald from Amazing Race 30. I'm glad to see Tori back.
Old 10-24-19, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Young, incredibly fit, strong and crazy CT vs. crazy af Turbo.

Who wins that fight?
Old 10-24-19, 12:59 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Johnny was always Johnny though. You knew who he was and what you were getting. Cara has completely changed as a person and it’s rather disgusting. She is due for a break.
Old 10-25-19, 11:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You can’t copy my walk! 😂
Old 10-25-19, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,078 Likes on 653 Posts

Young, incredibly fit, strong and crazy CT vs. crazy af Turbo.

Who wins that fight?
That's a great question! I know I am a little partial but I really think young and crazy CT would have taken out Turbo. Turbo is one of those guys that is as tough as nails, looks fucking crazy and talks nuts but one massive crack to the jaw and he likely folds like a piece of laundry. But that would have been an awesome fight to behold.

Old CT now says that fuckers crazy and I ain't getting in the middle of that.

Originally Posted by boogieman03
You can’t copy my walk! ��
Turbo is just crazy, incredibly insecure or very immature. Likely all three but damn that was hilarious.

And I laugh my ass off every time I hear him call Jordan, "Pussy Chicken!" or "Chicken Pussy!" Fantastic!
Old 10-25-19, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
That's a great question! I know I am a little partial but I really think young and crazy CT would have taken out Turbo. Turbo is one of those guys that is as tough as nails, looks fucking crazy and talks nuts but one massive crack to the jaw and he likely folds like a piece of laundry. But that would have been an awesome fight to behold.
Yeah I think CT in the day was one of those remorseless fighting machine types. Once he was activated he could not be shut down. Like he wouldn't notice his arm came off until the fight was over. Turbo I think would be the type to take the arm off, but once he saw it didn't matter he would tap quickly.
Originally Posted by Spiderbite
And I laugh my ass off every time I hear him call Jordan, "Pussy Chicken!" or "Chicken Pussy!" Fantastic!
That always cracks me up. He knows like four derogatory words in English and he just puts them together in random order over and over.
Old 10-25-19, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
You can’t copy my walk! 😂
This episode was incredibly quotable. Ashley had some great lines too.

I think in-his-prime, roid raging CT, with several inches and probably 50 pounds on him, would destroy Turbo. We've seen CT in action, we haven't seen Turbo one on one or actually get physical with anyone. I'm sorry but I'd start cracking up at his manlet with a puffed chest fragmented English tough talk tirades if I was there. Like I realize he likes to kick stuff and he trains Muay Thai but the dude is such an over the top cocky try hard, it's hard to take him seriously. Jordan is an arrogant douche but I side with him totally, like how would you resist triggering Turbo now that you know how easy it is to tilt him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.