The Challenge: War of the Worlds 2 (MTV) -- premieres 8/28/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: War of the Worlds 2 (MTV) -- premieres 8/28/19

Old 10-27-19, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: The Challenge: War of the Worlds 2 (MTV) -- premieres 8/28/19

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Young, incredibly fit, strong and crazy CT vs. crazy af Turbo.

Who wins that fight?
CT. I think CT could still take him in a fight.
Old 10-28-19, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 264 Likes on 206 Posts

I don't understand how the teams can't get along with each other. Are they fearful that it's going to switch from a team game to a one on one game?
Old 10-30-19, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was actually off on a Wednesday and got to watch The Challenge on the night it airs. I can't believe they kicked Turbo off. I don't think he even touched anyone. He just had to be restrained.

I can't believe Team UK voted Georgia in. If The Final is even half as hard as last season's finale, Kayleigh is going to die.
Old 10-31-19, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Tori (not Jordan) and she is a strong competitor but before she went in she said something like her team was playing stupid because they were only thinking about the money and avoiding eliminations.

Huh?

Since when was playing a numbers game not a huge part of the game? Since when was the 1st place check not the most important reason people played? Even Nany was acting like a fool for thinking Leroy should not play the odds that gave him the best chance to get to the final.

Like the people who don’t have the numbers now wouldn’t be playing the exact same way if the roles were reversed?

Johnny Bananas would never have become a star of this show and a big time winner if he wasn’t a master for a decade of being on the right side of the numbers game and avoiding eliminations.

Now that the game has changed a bit, he’s not able to do that and he’s going home early.
Old 10-31-19, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like Tori (not Jordan) and she is a strong competitor but before she went in she said something like her team was playing stupid because they were only thinking about the money and avoiding eliminations.

Huh?

Since when was playing a numbers game not a huge part of the game? Since when was the 1st place check not the most important reason people played? Even Nany was acting like a fool for thinking Leroy should not play the odds that gave him the best chance to get to the final.

Like the people who don’t have the numbers now wouldn’t be playing the exact same way if the roles were reversed?

Johnny Bananas would never have become a star of this show and a big time winner if he wasn’t a master for a decade of being on the right side of the numbers game and avoiding eliminations.

Now that the game has changed a bit, he’s not able to do that and he’s going home early.
The main difference is that they're playing a team challenge like an individual challenge. If you keep weak players around, you're going to lose. In The Gauntlet III, The Veterans kept Big Easy around and he couldn't finish The Final. All team members had to finish and since he couldn't finish The Veterans lost. If this Final is anything like the last final, there are many layups hanging around that won't finish.
Old 10-31-19, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^^^

If there are alliances between the two sides, won’t there just be some kind of merge of the top “x” players making it to the final? Or are you saying the finals will literally be remaining number of one team vs. best remaining numbers of the other?

I am so confused because if they allow you to switch sides, then technically Tori and Jordan can cover their bases simply by switching teams because if they both make the finals, one is definitely going to be part of the winning team.
Old 10-31-19, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^^^

If there are alliances between the two sides, won’t there just be some kind of merge of the top “x” players making it to the final? Or are you saying the finals will literally be remaining number of one team vs. best remaining numbers of the other?

I am so confused because if they allow you to switch sides, then technically Tori and Jordan can cover their bases simply by switching teams because if they both make the finals, one is definitely going to be part of the winning team.
We don't know yet. I have a feeling it might be lopsided with one team having more players than the other unless they do a purge. In a team game, your team members are signing your check. You want the best athletes on your team. If you have layup players on your team that can't finish you might not win. I have a feeling this might come back to bite Cara's Cult. If the UK team can get rid of Kayleigh, they'll have a really strong team much stronger than Cara's Cult.
Old 10-31-19, 11:02 AM

Received 2,760 Likes on 1,885 Posts

See... even Nany recognizes how crazy Cara has become and suggests skipping a season.

I thought the UK decision was completely stupid.
Old 10-31-19, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I wish they would explain to us what is going to happen in the end game. Feels like the players know something we don't know. I'm digging the drama but it just feels so nonsensical.

As far as "layups," other than Nany and Kayleigh, I don't see many weak players left. Ninja hasn't done great in challenges but she's fit. CT is 40 pounds overweight, but would you ever call CT a layup? Josh, maybe?

Old 10-31-19, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
I wish they would explain to us what is going to happen in the end game. Feels like the players know something we don't know. I'm digging the drama but it just feels so nonsensical.

As far as "layups," other than Nany and Kayleigh, I don't see many weak players left. Ninja hasn't done great in challenges but she's fit. CT is 40 pounds overweight, but would you ever call CT a layup? Josh, maybe?
In a team game, Josh, Kayleigh, Nany, Ninja (she doesn't play well with others). It's crazy to keep those players around and send Tori and Georgia to elimination. They will help you win The Final.
Old 10-31-19, 02:05 PM

<iframe width="692" height="389" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZhbA9VoHJ2s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-07-19, 01:23 PM

Props to Jordan and Tori. Hopefully they actually work out in real life.

Oh, and fuck Cara.
Old 11-07-19, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Props to Jordan and Tori. Hopefully they actually work out in real life.

Oh, and fuck Cara.
Agree on both.

What the hell happened to Cara? I actually used to side with her from time to time but over the last few seasons she has become insufferable. And it isn't just due to her hooking up with Paulie.

Right now I am just pulling for Paulie and Cara to lose. After that, I don't really care who wins though I am not a fan of Joss, Josh or Kam. Or Ninja. Or that other chick that is annoying that is friends with Ninja. So fuck...maybe I do care.

Go C.T.!
Old 11-07-19, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 83 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Agree on both.

What the hell happened to Cara? ... And it isn't just due to her hooking up with Paulie.
It was funny when even Paulie was “WTF?!” over some of her comments.

I don’t think Paulie is that bad. Jordan either. Maybe that’s because I have spent many years around hyper-competitive guys and I know that once they are removed from the competition they almost always become pretty normal.
Old 11-07-19, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don’t like Jordan very much but Paulie is worse so I am just hoping CT gets to the end and is on the winning team.

I still cringe when people talk about numbers and alliances as if they wouldn’t use those things to their advantage if they could.

Cara seems to be a very different person in real life (much kinder) but I used to defend her too a lot because it’s definitely a lot of pressure and she’s been the female face of the show for a long time and she’s definitely not gotten the respect she deserves but I can only guess it’s a combination of that and Paulie that really changed her during the game into the b*tch she’s acting like. When Cara can’t even be magnanimous towards Tori at least (Jordan has been really cruel to her) and about an engagement and Paulie can, then I agree with whomever said here earlier that she probably does need a break.

I still believe there’s a double standard for someone like Bananas (male face of the show) for acting terribly as Johnny being Johnny, which to me just means it’s more acceptable for a guy to act terribly and cutthroat than a girl but it doesn’t matter.

I love this show and wouldn’t know what channel MTV was on if they didn’t keep making more Challenge seasons. I think I could watch them all year round.
Old 11-07-19, 08:08 PM

She was acting this way before Paulie came into the picture.
Old 11-07-19, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She wasn’t nearly this bad before Paulie and I am pretty sure I didn’t blame him entirely.
Old 11-07-19, 09:07 PM

Eh... she’s gotten progressively worse since post-Bloodlines. She became one of the crazy mean girls she used to hate.
Old 11-14-19, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Bye Jenny. Your overdeveloped shoulders/body look horrendous and were totally functionless.
Old 11-14-19, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cara truly is a miserable fuck.

And shame on CT. Very disappointed in him. I am not a big Jordan fan but I am hoping that he and Tori and create some chaos and fuck up shit like that. Kinda disappointed that TJ didn't give CT a lot of shit for what he did. He should have shamed him.

I can;t stand seeing any person throw a challenge. I get the reasoning at times but it always seems to backfire on shows like this, Survivor, Amazing Race...whatever.
Old 11-21-19, 11:23 AM

Jordan... EPIC.
Old 11-21-19, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Jordan... EPIC.
No kidding. He beat Baby Huey like a one-armed man in a rope pulling contest.
Old 11-21-19, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Was a seriously impressive performance. Jordan may have a very abrasive personality and be an arrogant ass but the man backs up ALL his talk. I would bet on him to win pretty much every final he makes it too. Has no real weakness other then pure strength and obviously his hand but his adaptability and intelligence in these things is off the charts and makes him the favorite to win any final he goes to in my opinion.
Old 11-22-19, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with the Jordan love here and was coming to post the same thing. It was easily the most amazing win in Challenge history as far as I can remember. It was even more impressive than the "CT carrying baby Bananas on his back" performance! Which is saying something! (I never get tired of watching that clip. Never!)

I don't care for Paulie but at least he always seems to give credit when credit is due. Cara is still a miserable fuck. I was so hoping she would lose the swim challenge.

And Leroy losing his emotions made me actually well up with tears while watching it. I have always liked Leroy and would love to see him win a Challenge.
Old 11-22-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
And Leroy losing his emotions made me actually well up with tears while watching it. I have always liked Leroy and would love to see him win a Challenge.
I definitely have even more respect for Leroy as a person after this season. He seems to be one of the kindest and most sincere people there and those traits have survived despite some pretty big challenges. I'm rooting for him.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.