DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Bulletproof (The CW) -- premieres 8/7/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/648340-bulletproof-cw-premieres-8-7-19-a.html)

dex14 08-07-19 06:41 AM

Bulletproof (The CW) -- premieres 8/7/19

<iframe width="697" height="392" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WQfcXlYUbSA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The CW Network announced today a new premiere date for the summer drama BULLETPROOF, moving to Wednesday, August 7 (8:00-9:00pm ET). Additionally, TWO SENTENCE HORROR STORIES moves to a later time (9:00-9:30pm ET) on its premiere night Thursday, August 8. The adrenalin-fueled action thriller BULLETPROOF follows two undercover cops, Bishop (Noel Clarke, "Star Trek: Into Darkness") and Pike (Ashley Walters, "Top Boy") as they chase down hardened criminals in London's East End. Despite their differences, Bishop and Pike work brilliantly together even when the chemistry between them looks set to explode. Full of grit and sometimes gloss, BULLETPROOF is stylish and funny with entertaining, riveting criminal cases in each episode. BULLETPROOF is from Vertigo Films and Company Pictures, with executive producers Allan Niblo ("Britannia," "Monsters"), Michele Buck ("Endeavour," "Midsomer Murders"), Judy Counihan ("No Man's Land," "Fresh Meat"), Nick Love ("The Football Factory," "The Sweeney"), Noel Clarke, and Ashley Walters. BULLETPROOF, a Sky Original, was co-funded and distributed internationally by Sky Vision.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Ashley Walters as Pike
· Noel Clarke as Bishop

CREW INFORMATION:
· Allan Niblo as EP
· Ashley Walters as EP
· Judy Counihan as EP
· Michele Buck as EP
· Nick Love as EP
· Noel Clarke as EP
6 episodes.

A UK SkyOne import for the summer.

PhantomStranger 08-07-19 04:46 PM

Re: Bulletproof (The CW) -- premieres 8/7/19

I'll give it a chance because Noel Clarke was excellent in The Level, another British crime thriller series from a couple years back.

https://www.doblu.com/2017/03/07/the...lu-ray-review/

DJariya 08-07-19 04:51 PM

A strange show for The CW to get the rights to. A British buddy cop action series.

Superman07 08-07-19 05:02 PM

Oh nice! I’d come across this recently while looking up what Noel Clarke had been working on. I assumed it would pop up on Netflix or Amazong eventually.

Superman07 08-12-19 09:34 PM

We checked this out the other day. Wife was checked out before the credits even hit. It definitely has a slower pace of a UK show. I liked some elements, but things took a while to get going and nothing gelled well for the main characters. It’s almost like they’re played as a riff on Bad Boys, except it doesn’t come off.

I actually thought the ending was interesting, mostly because it happened organically. Plus it sets up a bit of what’s next.

Since I’m solo from here, I’ll check out one or two more to see how things go before deciding if I watch all six.

barelypure 08-14-19 10:34 AM

I watched the 1st episode. Didn't care for the heavy accents.

DJariya 08-14-19 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by barelypure (Post 13593404)
I watched the 1st episode. Didn't care for the heavy accents.

Well, because it's a British show...:confused:

Superman07 08-17-19 09:08 AM

I watched episode 2, which I found to be an improvement over episode 1. The case they’re working leads to a bigger plot and has more action. I feel like they could have started here for a faster paced start, it I guess episode 1 gives you a lead in to the characters.

barelypure 08-17-19 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13593410)
Well, because it's a British show...:confused:

I've watched other British shows and didn't have a problem understanding them. This seems to be over the top.

Superman07 09-15-19 08:30 AM

Ended up finishing this off. For me, it picked up after episode 3. A character makes a really stupid decision which drives a chunk of the plot for the last 3 episodes.

There are definitely some twists that come up in the last hour, but it does tie everything back to the first episode. That’s a good thing, because I felt like the plot was wandering and wouldn’t resolve the opening episode.

There was some actually police work feature towards the end which produced some more meat to the plot and acting. I would have enjoyed more of that sprinkled throughout.

It’s not high brow, but was enjoyable for summer. They’re apparently making a second series. I’d check it out if equally short. Although given how delayed this one was, it could be some time until it airs in the US.

DJariya 09-27-19 02:18 PM

I tried watching this last night and it did nothing for me. I got through about 30 minutes and didn't really get what was going on aside from some informant dying in the opening scene.

I know some people like it and that's great. But, I have other things to watch aside from a UK summer import, so I decided to pass on the rest and delete.

I did recognize Clarke Peters, Weird to have 1 American actor in this show.