Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Four Weddings and a Funeral (Hulu) -- Based on the Movie -- Premiered 7/31/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-06-19, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

ABOUT FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL Maya, the young communications director for a New York senatorial campaign, receives a wedding invitation from her college schoolmate now living in London. She leaves her professional and personal life behind, in favor of traveling to England and reconnecting with old friends and ends up in the midst of their personal crises. Relationships are forged and broken, political scandals exposed, London social life lampooned, love affairs ignited and doused, and of course there are four weddings… and a funeral.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
Andie MacDowell as Mrs. Howard
Ashley Madekwe as Julia
Brandon Mychal Smith as Craig
Guz Khan as Basheer
Harish Patel as Haroon
Jennie Jacques as Zara
John Reynolds as Duffy
Nathalie Emmanuel as Maya
Nikesh Patel as Kash
Rebecca Rittenhouse as Ainsley
Tom Mison as Quentin
Tommy Dewey as Ted
Zoe Boyle as Gemma

10 episode season. This is based on the movie. Andie MacDowell, who was in the movie, has a small part in this. But she's not playing the same character.

Nathalie Emmanuel from Furious 7, The Fate of the Furious is the lead.

This premiered last week. Hulu posted 4 episodes.

I know Hulu originals aren't exactly popular here and many here don't subscribe to Hulu year round, but it's based on a known feature film from the 1990s. So thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 08-06-19, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Four Weddings and a Funeral (Hulu) -- Based on the Movie -- Premiered 7/31/19

I'm a fan of the movie, and Emmanuel is a gorgeous woman, but that is also the thing that sticks out to me about this. The cast looks too pretty. Gorgeous oddballs aren't really relatable oddballs.
Old 08-07-19, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Four Weddings and a Funeral (Hulu) -- Based on the Movie -- Premiered 7/31/19

Wife and I have watched the first four episodes. It’s okay. Like Maya, Kash, Ainsley, and Gemma is growing on me. But Craig and Duffy just don’t work. They are poorly written, and Duffy is annoying. I can hardly see why they would have been friends with him. I absolutely don’t buy Maya being interested in him, but maybe that’s the point and it was a mistake. Craig just has a bad story line and his girlfriend is terribly annoying, so I couldn’t care less about his story.
Old 08-12-19, 03:46 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I'm enjoying it. easy to watch