Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Preacher (AMC) -- The 4th and Final Season Thread -- Premieres 8/4/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-04-19, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

As the series inches closer to the finale, God's endgame for the universe begins to click into place. Trapped between heavenly prophecies, hellish prisons, and all-out nuclear war, Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy make their bloody way to the Most High. Whether they can reach God in time - or whether all this carnage is part of His divine plan - will soon be revealed as Preacher barrels towards the end of the world. Preacher stars Dominic Cooper, Academy Award(R) nominee Ruth Negga and Joseph Gilgun, along with series regulars Ian Colletti, Graham McTavish, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery, Noah Taylor, Mark Harelik and Tyson Ritter.
Preacher
AMC - 99 Sun, 8/04, 9:00 PM 2 hrs

New, 8/04/2019, Fantasy, Comedy, Drama, Religion, Supernatural, Black Comedy

Visions of the apocalypse plague Jesse as he and Tulip get ready to strike Masada, where Cassidy is trapped, but Grail and Starr are ready for their assault; Jesse tries to find an unusual rock formation; Tulip attempts to rescue Cassidy.

Credits: Dominic Cooper (Actor), Ruth Negga (Actor), Joseph Gilgun (Actor), W. Earl Brown (Actor), Tom Brooke (Actor)

4th and final season

2 episode premiere tonight
Old 08-05-19, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Preacher (AMC) -- The 4th and Final Season Thread -- Premieres 8/4/19

Maybe now that it's the ending, we can avoid having the characters stuck in the same fucking place all season.
Old 08-05-19, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gunde View Post
Maybe now that it's the ending, we can avoid having the characters stuck in the same fucking place all season.
They opened with a double-episode premier and at the end of the second episode until the maybe the last minute everyone was pretty much exactly where they were at the start. Everything could easily have fit into a single episode. That's the long-running problem with this show...they take a really interesting premise and fantastical characters and somehow make something incredibly tedious out of it. That and Tulip...she is the worst.
Old 08-12-19, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think a channel like AMC was the right place to pull off Preacher. Budgetary issues clearly have dictated how the seasons unfolded.
Old 08-12-19, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have to admit, I'm totally lost at this point. Luckily, this is the last season so I'll stick it out until the end. This show is like a crazy, disturbing cartoon for adults. Does the current plot(?) follow anything that happened in the original comic?
Old 08-12-19, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It’s probably closer to the comic than ever right now, with this “Grail HQ in the desert” plot. But still some major differences, considering the Allfather is dead already, and the comic didn’t have clones of Jesus’ inbred descendant.
Comics spoiler (that will very likely not ruin anything coming in the show):
Spoiler:
In the conclusion of this arc in the comics involved the extremely morbidly obese Allfather falling out of a helicopter and landing on the inbred Messiah, killing them both. And if I remember correctly, it also ends with Tulip thinking Jesse is dead, which leads to her fling with Cassidy, which has already happened on the show.
Old 08-12-19, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by windom View Post
I have to admit, I'm totally lost at this point. Luckily, this is the last season so I'll stick it out until the end. This show is like a crazy, disturbing cartoon for adults. Does the current plot(?) follow anything that happened in the original comic?
It's really different. The core characters -- Jesse, Tulip, Cassidy, Starr, and the Saint of Killers -- are basically the same (some more than others, though), but the plot has been mixed around like crazy.

You can read a pretty good summary on wikipedia, but it might spoil the end of the series. It's hard to tell, though, since they've already changed so much around. If you're particularly spoiler averse, you might not want to read it. I could see the tv series having the same end as the comic series even if the journey to get there is different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...her_story_arcs