Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

For All Mankind (Apple TV+) -- S: Joel Kinnaman -- NASA series from the creator of Battlestar Galactica

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

For All Mankind (Apple TV+) -- S: Joel Kinnaman -- NASA series from the creator of Battlestar Galactica

Old 07-22-22, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,364 Likes on 926 Posts
Re: For All Mankind (Apple TV+) -- S: Joel Kinnaman -- NASA series from the creator of Battlestar Galacti

To Pluto! Awesome news.
Old 07-23-22, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 386 Likes on 276 Posts
Re: For All Mankind (Apple TV+) -- S: Joel Kinnaman -- NASA series from the creator of Battlestar Galacti

Glad to see the show is continuing on! Looks like they said at Comicon that next season will be Y2K. Also last night I stumbled across three little extras for the show done by "Margo", they are about the science behind the series and are each about 3-4 min long. She looks amazing when not dulled down for the show.

Also, I am getting really tired of both of the "kids" Danny is such an ungrateful POS and his brother looks like a serial killer in the making. I really hope they kill off Dannys character soon as he is dragging the show down with his addiction to drugs and obsession with Karen.
Old 07-23-22, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 610 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
Also, I am getting really tired of both of the "kids" Danny is such an ungrateful POS and his brother looks like a serial killer in the making. I really hope they kill off Dannys character soon as he is dragging the show down with his addiction to drugs and obsession with Karen.
Amen to this. It's unnecessary soapy drama.
Old 07-24-22, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
last night I stumbled across three little extras for the show done by "Margo", they are about the science behind the series and are each about 3-4 min long. She looks amazing when not dulled down for the show. .
It's almost remarkable how much better looking Wrenn Schmidt is than her character is in FAM.

Old 07-24-22, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 805 Likes on 594 Posts

Danny and Jimmy Stevens are two of the worst characters on television. They’re ruining this season for me.
The following users liked this post:
Cusm (08-01-22)
Old 07-25-22, 07:00 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Danny needs to be summarily executed for what he did in the last episode, and Jimmy is a needy man-child. Aside from that, this show is amazing.

I wonder when/how Margot will either come clean or get caught. Rosales is clearly onto her.
Old 07-25-22, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 897 Likes on 662 Posts

This show is hard to wait for every week.

One thing I don’t get is why didn’t Ed and team make sure all the pills were out of his reach when he saw that Danny was high as hell? Especially after tossing him from the mission and making him stay at base….with all the pills.
Bandoman (07-25-22)
Old 07-26-22, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Yeah, this season is sloppy. So much stupid shit on this episode
Old 07-27-22, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Noonan
This show is hard to wait for every week.

One thing I donít get is why didnít Ed and team make sure all the pills were out of his reach when he saw that Danny was high as hell? Especially after tossing him from the mission and making him stay at baseÖ.with all the pills.
​​​​​​ Literally the first thing I said to my wife.
Old 08-01-22, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Okay, I could have done without that
Spoiler:
pregnancy twist
. This show is starting to delve into soap opera tropes.
Old 08-01-22, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

I called that twist as soon as that incident in the plant room happened.
Shannon Nutt (08-08-22)
Old 08-02-22, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
I called that twist as soon as that incident in the plant room happened.
same Telegraphed that one for sure.
Old 08-02-22, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How did the other Russians know about it? Hell, how does anyone know about it?
Thos19 (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Noonan
How did the other Russians know about it? Hell, how does anyone know about it?
they did a blood cross typing test on her and her boyfriend and somehow that revealed she was with child as she was giving a transfusion and was also blood type AB. I almost have to assume they knew something was up with the two of them and figured it was worth checking if she was pregnant while they had the chance and the blood to work with.
Old 08-02-22, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 805 Likes on 594 Posts

So, I'm going to assume that the Russians are going to try to steal the baby and claim it's a Russian citizen? If you're going to Mars for two years, I would think they should have given everyone a two year supply of condoms.
Old 08-06-22, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk God

God damn. That was some powerful shit. Well handled.

Holy fucking shit that ending! How is that possible? Damn what a cliffhanger.

Last edited by Deftones; 08-06-22 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-07-22, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 610 Likes on 491 Posts

Oh those tricky North Koreans. Who figured they could get there w/o incident while USA, USSR, and the private sector were all fucked up.
Old 08-08-22, 07:03 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Oh those tricky North Koreans. Who figured they could get there w/o incident while USA, USSR, and the private sector were all fucked up.
We don't know that it was without incident. They may be desperately trying to leave the planet also.
Old 08-08-22, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have to assume this was planned as a one-way trip for the NK astronaut. Maybe there is a hab they sent separately for some sort of long-term stay but the ship he arrived in does not have the capacity to go back to orbit let alone transit back to earth. This may be the best thing that happened to that guy.

BTW I looked at the IMDB credit and the guy from NK was a regular on Dexter back in the day. He was the goofy Asian guy Masuka from the crime lab who was also a blood spatter expert and who was such a dork.

Really bummed there is only one episode left this season although I'm relieved it is already renewed for next season.
Old 08-12-22, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Holy shit . Some crazy fucking stuff!

One way trip for NK astronaut! Mass bombing that killed Karen! Kelly hitching a ride on the outside! Molly is back and helping rescue people! Ed is unkillable! Banishing Danny to the NK pod! Margo the traitor! So much to unpack.

Loved the use of Radiohead at the end. Can't wait for next season.

I wonder if they killed off Shanel VanSanten because of her work on the FBI show.
Old 08-13-22, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

That finale wasn't nearly as good as last year's finale...my guess is that Margo saw the explosion as her opportunity to get the heck out of Dodge before she was arrested for treason.
Old 08-16-22, 07:26 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I might have missed it, but did Molly die? I thought I saw her helping people out to the stair case, but then a few scenes later they showed that newspaper headline where they were going to rename the nasa center in her name?
Old 08-16-22, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
Holy shit . Some crazy fucking stuff!

One way trip for NK astronaut! Mass bombing that killed Karen! Kelly hitching a ride on the outside! Molly is back and helping rescue people! Ed is unkillable! Banishing Danny to the NK pod! Margo the traitor! So much to unpack.

Loved the use of Radiohead at the end. Can't wait for next season.

I wonder if they killed off Shanel VanSanten because of her work on the FBI show.
I can't imagine that was the case. She's only a temp part in FBI. Shouldn't have been a time conflict.

The time jump was 8 years? Wonder where the story will go for next season.

Originally Posted by Kennyx
I might have missed it, but did Molly die? I thought I saw her helping people out to the stair case, but then a few scenes later they showed that newspaper headline where they were going to rename the nasa center in her name?
Pretty sure they implied that she did, based on the newspaper. She got a great send-off with that final scene of her going back into the building to save more people.

Last edited by Noonan; 08-16-22 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-16-22, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,873 Posts

Some really great stuff this season, but it got a little too soapy for my tastes.

It's sort of become a Dynasty or Dallas type of thing centering on the Stevens and Baldwin families, and it really pushes my suspension of disbelief. Astronauts are the elitist of the elite, and it just doesn't seem realistic that their wives and children are becoming astronauts; IRL there aren't a lot (or any?) legacy astronauts. It's not really a family business that gets passed down.

Margo has to be the best example of book smarts vs street smarts out there. She's smart enough to run NASA, but not savvy enough to avoid getting snookered into becoming a Soviet spy.

The explosion at the end was kind of thrilling, but, at the same time, it also came off like another primetime soap trope, where the bomb goes off at the end of the season and you don't know who did or didn't survive because the're renegotiating contracts. Did anyone see Bill Strausser after bomb went off? And the bit where Jimmy finds a dying Karen in the rubble was cheesy as fuck. She would have had an entire building collapse on top of her; no way Jimmy could just life a light piece of scrap and find her alive. And Jimmy probably should have been killed, or at least seriously injured, by the blast, too.

It was sort of interesting how they combined both Watergate and the Lewinsky affair into Ellen's arc. In this world, Nixon was defeated by Ted Kennedy in 1972, so there was no Watergate scandal or resignation. And the tapes!

Speaking of Ellen, did she resign? It wasn't clear.

I also thought it sort of stretched credibility that Ed didn't seem to have a problem working with the Soviets against American interests with the Martian water rights. And I would also think there be some kind of legal consequences facing Dev and Helios for aiding the Soviets to claim the water on Mars; wouldn't he be providing direct military aid to a foreign enemy?

As season four is jumping ahead to 2003, I wonder what kind of 9/11 they'll have. Since they're now using nuclear fusion for power, the world events leading up to 9/11 have changed; Saddam Hussein probably wouldn't have invaded Kuwait, which set off a chain of events that led up to 9/11. The OKC bombing got pushed over to JSC, but was still done by anti-government extremists.
Old 08-16-22, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Speaking of Ellen, did she resign? It wasn't clear.
We don't know. I can't imagine she would, and just hand 2 years of power to her VP whom wanted to defund and restrict NASA. Lots of things for them to confirm in next season.
Deftones (08-16-22)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.