Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Another Life (Netflix) -- S: Katee Sackhoff -- Sci-Fi Thriller series -- Premieres 7/25/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Another Life (Netflix) -- S: Katee Sackhoff -- Sci-Fi Thriller series -- Premieres 7/25/19

Old 08-05-19, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Another Life (Netflix) -- S: Katee Sackhoff -- Sci-Fi Thriller series -- Premieres 7/25/19

Just finished the last episode.

Note to future Earth: If the best people you can find for a long, arduous, dangerous space mission that may determine the fate of the Earth is a bunch of stupid, petty, stupid, horny, stupid twenty-somethings led by a captain who is obviously mentally unstable, then... just don't even bother. I mean, what the fuck? Is there anyone in the future who isn't either an idiot and/or a giant asshole?
Old 08-06-19, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Another Life (Netflix) -- S: Katee Sackhoff -- Sci-Fi Thriller series -- Premieres 7/25/19

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post

Note to future Earth: If the best people you can find for a long, arduous, dangerous space mission that may determine the fate of the Earth is a bunch of stupid, petty, stupid, horny, stupid twenty-somethings led by a captain who is obviously mentally unstable, then... just don't even bother. I mean, what the fuck? Is there anyone in the future who isn't either an idiot and/or a giant asshole?
This is what got to the wife and I when we tried it.
NO WAY was this setup even close to suspending our disbelief long enough to get into the series.

I still can't believe NF picked this steaming pile up....
Old 08-08-19, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like I won't bother with this one. Too many other things to check out.
Old 08-08-19, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Looks like I won't bother with this one. Too many other things to check out.
Lemme put it this way...
To say this series is crappy is an insult to crap.
Old 08-09-19, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by melasnus View Post
Lemme put it this way...
To say this series is crappy is an insult to crap.
So itís on par with 90% of other Netflix original series.
Old 08-10-19, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lopper View Post

So itís on par with 90% of other Netflix original series.
I don't what the % is for NF series.
FWIW, I find a lot of good/great series to watch on NetFlix.
Of course, YMMV.
Old 08-10-19, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe it's just cause I'm a sucker for these kinds of shows... but I don't get what the hate is about. Other than Katee Sackhoff being kind of terrible at times and the characters often making extremely dumb choices, I've enjoyed the show enough that I binged through 7 of the episodes in a single day.
Old 08-11-19, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Maybe it's just cause I'm a sucker for these kinds of shows... but I don't get what the hate is about. Other than Katee Sackhoff being kind of terrible at times and the characters often making extremely dumb choices, I've enjoyed the show enough that I binged through 7 of the episodes in a single day.
I am with you. Is it some groundbreaking show? Nope. But I was entertained.
Old 08-12-19, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dont think its nearly as bad as some people here are making it out to be. Its not great but its watchable and mildly entertaining. I'm 5 eps in and plan to finish it.
Old 08-12-19, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those who can't get enough of Ms. Sackhoff, there is her other sci-fi masterpiece currently playing on NF:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4575328...=nm_flmg_act_4
Old 08-13-19, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by melasnus View Post
For those who can't get enough of Ms. Sackhoff, there is her other sci-fi masterpiece currently playing on NF:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4575328...=nm_flmg_act_4
I did watch that, and its as bad as people claim this show was.