Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

BH90210 (FOX) -- Beverly Hills 90210 reboot -- Premieres 8/7/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

BH90210 (FOX) -- Beverly Hills 90210 reboot -- Premieres 8/7/19

Old 08-13-19, 10:23 PM

Re: BH90210 (FOX) -- Beverly Hills 90210 reboot -- Premieres 8/7/19

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
As said earlier, right when Jason Priestley left the show, Luke Perry came back. But the show was lousy after they graduated college.

Wish Tiffani-Amber Theisann was on this.
I thought the last college season was lousy and it just worse after that. Season 8 was abysmal.

All that said, while this wasn't bad, it wasn't great, either. I have a feeling, now that people have watched the first episode and realized it's not a continuation of the show, some of them won't be back. I don't think it has long-term potential honestly, but honestly get a kick out of Brian Austin Green's "wife" being more famous than him. Too bad they couldn't get Megan Fox to play herself.

Old 08-14-19, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MysterioMan007 View Post
I thought the last college season was lousy and it just worse after that. Season 8 was abysmal.

All that said, while this wasn't bad, it wasn't great, either. I have a feeling, now that people have watched the first episode and realized it's not a continuation of the show, some of them won't be back. I don't think it has long-term potential honestly, but honestly get a kick out of Brian Austin Green's "wife" being more famous than him. Too bad they couldn't get Megan Fox to play herself.
Part of the concept was that they would not portray their "real" off-screen lives or spouses, as a way of maintaining their privacy or "ownership of their lives", if you like.
Old 08-15-19, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I caught a segment of it last night (around 15-20 minutes) and didn't care for it. If I heard someone say the word "reboot" one more time I might have thrown something through my screen.

I really recommend the show Grosse Pointe instead. It only lasted one season on the WB back in 2000-01. It was the fictional behind-the-scenes of a teen soap opera. While it was "not based on actual people", the star of the show (within the show) was a notorious bitch despite playing a goody-goody on screen. Another actress was the daughter of the rich producer. And the lead actress' on-screen boyfriend was a brooding "bad boy" clearly much older than a teenager. Again, not based on any real people or anything.

It was hilarious and never got the recognition it deserved.
Old 08-16-19, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The 2nd episode was okay, but had some fun moments. at Christine Elise (Emily Valentine) being the new 90210 showrunner. and then Priestley having infertility issues.

However, I'm not so sure about this apparent stalker storyline.

Looks like they're making fictional "Gabrielle" come out as bi-sexual. I remember the actor who plays her husband. he used to be a series regular on Medium years ago.
Old 08-16-19, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the second episode was kind of blah. Maybe this should have been a quick TV movie instead of a series?

I did go back and rewatch the first half of the original pilot. Haven't rewatched any of 90210 since they were first aired.

The fashion and tech is pretty funny to watch but the acting is pretty atrocious.

I plan to check out a few more of the original but not sure if I can rewatch it like I can rewatch Miami Vice. Both are cheesy but in very different ways regarding rewatchablility.

For nostalgia alone, I will stick around for the remaining 4 episodes unless it just turns awful.
Old 08-16-19, 05:15 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

the should have the blonde kid who accidentally shot himself in the 2nd season return.
Old 08-16-19, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by TGM View Post
the should have the blonde kid who accidentally shot himself in the 2nd season return.
That would be cool if he were the stalker and they never showed his face until later. He'd be still upset about killing off the show.