Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) -- Season 3 Thread -- premieres 6/5/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-04-19, 07:16 AM

Season Three of THE HANDMAID'S TALE is driven by June's resistance to the dystopian regime of Gilead and her struggle to strike back against overwhelming odds. Startling reunions, betrayals, and a journey to the terrifying heart of Gilead force all characters to take a stand, guided by one defiant prayer: "Blessed be the fight."
13 episode third season. The first 3 episodes will be available on 6/5/19, then will be released weekly.
Old 06-04-19, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) -- Season 3 Thread -- premieres 6/5/19

Last season was pretty intense, and I'm looking forward to see what's next. But I'll likely wait till all the episodes are available. Playing the week-to-week waiting game feels so old school now.
Old 06-04-19, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool. I was an extra for episode 3. I look forward to seeing myself appearing as a blurry shape in the dark background.
Old 06-07-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've knocked out the first 3 episodes that were released. Good stuff as always. Really annoyed at Hulu's policy to release one episode a week going forward.
Old 06-07-19, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gonna wait for it to show up on Amazon, which will likely be like 5 weeks behind as that was what it was before with Season 2.

I watch through the PC onto the bigscreen.... and Hulu gives an abysmal 64kbps 2ch AAC audio, while Amazon offers 640kbps 6ch E-AC3. So it's a massive difference in sound quality. I've heard Hulu offers better quality audio through certain devices, but I don't have them and never tried setting it up through my PS4.
Old 06-07-19, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll wait until S3 is over and just do what I'm doing now for S1-S2, get a month of CraveTV and watch everything HBO I need to watch. It's great stuff though, I have 3 episodes left on S2.
Old 06-08-19, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Gonna wait for it to show up on Amazon, which will likely be like 5 weeks behind as that was what it was before with Season 2.

I watch through the PC onto the bigscreen.... and Hulu gives an abysmal 64kbps 2ch AAC audio, while Amazon offers 640kbps 6ch E-AC3. So it's a massive difference in sound quality. I've heard Hulu offers better quality audio through certain devices, but I don't have them and never tried setting it up through my PS4.
Yeah it's only 5.1 on:​​​​​​The lack of Roku support irks me

Old 08-02-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm finally caught up. Binged season 2 and 3 (11 episodes)
Old 09-11-19, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Finished this last night. The final two episodes had me nervous the whole time. I was certain everything was going to go sideways for June. Bring on Season 4.
Old 09-17-19, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I recently binged the series and frankly found the plotline and execution thereof to be ludicrous.

Spoiler:
The entire idea that over 52+ kids could suddenly leave their homes and make it to Commander Lawrence's house within what is essentially a police state without anyone noticing is ridiculous! But it doesn't end there. Then they took the scores of kids, Marthas, etc. from the house and plod over the hills and through the woods they go to the airport (Logan?) while avoiding all detection of their movements and sounds. And then, to top it all off June decides yet again to stay behind when she has the chance to get the Hell outta Dodge. Yeah, not without my daughter yada-yada. It just seems like a giant tease. And I'm sure there will be no serious punishment much less the Wall for all of the embarrassment June has caused Gilead. It seems like she could do a lot to help her cause by going to Canada and using the press and their cameras to fight for her daughter's return. But that would be a different show. Just how many more seasons do they think they can pull out this one-trick pony of a finale?

Last edited by Jack Straw; 09-19-19 at 05:39 PM.