Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

NOS4A2 (AMC) -- based on the book by Joe Hill -- S: Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto -- premieres 6/2/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NOS4A2 (AMC) -- based on the book by Joe Hill -- S: Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto -- premieres 6/2/19

Old 07-21-19, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts
Re: NOS4A2 (AMC) -- based on the book by Joe Hill -- S: Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto -- premieres 6/

Originally Posted by melasnus
Gave it a try...watched a few episodes.
Dumped it.
The lead actress has ZERO charisma.
I couldn't care less what happened to her and her's.
Quinto is the only reason to watch this show. The entire premise would work better if the lead protagonist happened to be a guy instead of a girl. I just don't buy at all in present day that a teenage girl would be friendly with a very creepy janitor, or drive around on a vintage motorcycle.

I'm guessing Hill originally wrote this with a guy in mind until flipping it at the last minute, or AMC has set this in a different era than the novel.
Old 07-06-20, 02:46 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Re: NOS4A2 (AMC) -- based on the book by Joe Hill -- S: Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto -- premieres 6/

Season 2 premiered a few weeks ago on AMC. I was on the fence about watching this season since I was disappointed with season 1. I watched the first episode thus far. Anyone else tuned in?
Old 07-06-20, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

I'm still watching the show. I thought the eight-year time-jump was a good move. I also liked the second episode which dropped Vic and provided Manx's backstory. The problem is that they create situations that in a film would build toward the climax, but then they have to walk them back because it's a series and we have to keep the story going. The other problem is Vic, who has become a very damaged character, -understandbly so, mind you, - but its still hard to feel sympathy for her.
Old 07-07-20, 07:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

3 episodes into the 2nd season, and I thought the first one was tedious...

Other than giving the main character some bad tattoos, they have made zero effort to age any of the characters the 8 years that are supposed to have passed. The actress playing the main character's mom looks like she's younger than her daughter to begin with.
Old 08-31-20, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Canceled: https://tvline.com/2020/08/31/nos4a2...-season-3-amc/
Old 08-31-20, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
That's fine. They effectively wrapped up the storyline and if it were to go on, it should have been with new characters.
Old 10-19-20, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

I just binged both seasons over the weekend. I think season one was the strongest. Two tried to do too much at once.