Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Good Omens (Amazon) -- C: Neil Gaiman, S: David Tennant, Michael Sheen -- premieres 5/31/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Good Omens (Amazon) -- C: Neil Gaiman, S: David Tennant, Michael Sheen -- premieres 5/31/19

Old 06-03-19, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Good Omens (Amazon) -- C: Neil Gaiman, S: David Tennant, Michael Sheen -- premieres 5/31/19

I enjoyed it all. Plenty of good moments. Though not a perfect show that really hit me emotionally. It was still a joy. And Iím happy I binged it.

Glad to see the Douglas Adams link. At first I was like wtf in regards to the narration. Iíve watched that film 100 times and the BBC series once.
Old 06-05-19, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Good Omens (Amazon) -- C: Neil Gaiman, S: David Tennant, Michael Sheen -- premieres 5/31/19

https://www.themarysue.com/neil-gaim...d-omens-troll/

Some people will complain about anything.
Old 06-06-19, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
https://www.themarysue.com/neil-gaim...d-omens-troll/

Some people will complain about anything.
It is the internet after all. I have to admit having an American narrator took a bit of getting used to, but that sorted itself out by the end.
Old 06-06-19, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I've seen the commercial for this close to 100 times in the last couple days. I'm already annoyed with this show before even watching a single episode.
Old 06-06-19, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I think I've seen the commercial for this close to 100 times in the last couple days. I'm already annoyed with this show before even watching a single episode.
Where are you seeing the ad for it? On TV? On Youtube? On Prime Video?
Old 06-06-19, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G. View Post
Where are you seeing the ad for it? On TV? On Youtube? On Prime Video?
On TV. Some of the stations here have a habit of showing the same commercials (or a few commercials for the same product) over and over. Although I don't think I've ever seen an Amazon Prime show being advertised nearly as much as this has in a short period of time.
Old 06-07-19, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Facebook has this annoying habit of throwing an ad into the middle of popular videos. Lately that ad is nothing but the Good Omens trailer.
Old 06-11-19, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
It’s amazing to me how much Adria Arjuna looks like a young Jami Gertz here.

I thought she looked a bit like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Really enjoyed the series. Been 16 years since I read the book so I had forgotten most of it aside from the beginning and the end. The series seemed to have more of a Gaiman feel whereas the book seemed like he had done most of the overall story with Pratchett doing the dialogue.
Old 06-18-19, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

two episodes in and enjoying it so far. Never saw Mireille Enos look so good. Almost didn't recognize her with the makeup and such, used to seeing her more dressed down in the Killing or Hanna.