Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Name of the Rose (Sundance) -- limited series -- S: John Turturro, Rupert Everett, Michael Emerson

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Name of the Rose (Sundance) -- limited series -- S: John Turturro, Rupert Everett, Michael Emerson

Old 05-23-19, 07:08 AM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Jz2RppvMvc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Name of the Rose is based on Umberto Eco's highly acclaimed novel which has sold more than 50 million copies worldwide since it was first published in 1980. The limited series is led by an all-star cast including Emmy(R) Award-winner John Turturro (The Night Of), Emmy Award-winner Michael Emerson (Lost, Person of Interest), Golden Globe(R) nominee Rupert Everett (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children), Damian Hardung (Red Band Society), Sebastian Koch (Homeland), James Cosmo (Game of Thrones), Richard Sammel (Inglourious Basterds), Fabrizio Bentivoglio (Human Capital) and Greta Scarano (In Treatment). Set in Italy in 1327, The Name of the Rose follows the Franciscan monk William of Baskerville (Turturro) and his novice Adso von Melk (Hardung) as they arrive at a secluded monastery in the Alps. There they become witnesses to a series of mysterious murders. While Baskerville and Melk investigate and search for the killer, they are hunted themselves by the merciless inquisitor Bernard Gui (Everett), who prosecutes those who criticize the pope.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Damian Hardung as Adso von Melk
· Fabrizio Bentivoglio
· Greta Scarano
· James Cosmo
· John Turturro as William of Baskerville
· Michael Emerson
· Richard Sammel
· Rupert Everett as Bernard Gui
· Sebastian Koch

CREW INFORMATION:
· Andrea Porporati as WRTR
· Giacomo Battiato as DIR/WRTR
· John Turturro as WRTR
· Nigel Williams as WRTR
Old 05-23-19, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: The Name of the Rose (Sundance) -- limited series -- S: John Turturro, Rupert Everett, Michael Emerso

I remember seeing the '86 film sometime ago with Connery and Slater.
Old 05-23-19, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,161 Likes on 4,193 Posts
Re: The Name of the Rose (Sundance) -- limited series -- S: John Turturro, Rupert Everett, Michael Emerso

^ and BOOBS!

That's kind of all I remember about it.
Old 05-23-19, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 477 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
^ and BOOBS!

That's kind of all I remember about it.
I remember how amazing the background casting was, all the monks had these hideous faces like they were from a painting.

I also remember being taken aback at how graphic the sex scene was with Christian Slater, with his bobbing, perfect teenage ass.
Old 05-23-19, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

I want to catch this mini-series at some point. Kind of an odd time to premiere right before Memorial Day.