Game of Thrones (S8E05) -- 78 minute episode -- “The Bells” -- 5/12/19

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-19, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S8E05) -- 78 minute episode -- “The Bells” -- 5/12/19

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://onairwithryan.iheart.com/con...NOCa-WBf0f51ro

Some "fans" are petitioning HBO to completely remake season 8 with "competent" writers.

People who don't have anything better to do with lives.

Originally Posted by jpcamb
JFC its the last Jedi all over again, only not nearly as bad from my standpoint as that shit show movie was....
Agreed.
I hate HAAAATE Disney's SW 7&8 episodes.
Old 05-15-19, 04:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if HBO wanted 10 episodes or even more seasons they could have easily replaced the show runners
Old 05-15-19, 04:24 PM

if arya is smart she will have gotten the dead missandai's face to wear later as she murders grey worm and then dani
Old 05-15-19, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I forgot about Arya impersonating Walder Frey. So how was she able to grow 9 inches? Jamie is even taller if she were to impersonate him. Does the hair also come with the face? I guess wearing of the face gives the wearer abilities that let's them talk perfectly like the person that the face belonged to. It seems there is some magic or supernatural stuff going on in the process here, so it's not exactly like the Mission: impossible style facemask.
Of course it's magical, if one can just put a dead person's face on and suddenly animate them, talk like them, etc, why is it hard to believe that one can change size to match the face?

Originally Posted by fujishig
I said it before, but even if Drogon obeys, isn't Aegon immune to fire like his sister? That would be proof enough for most of his heritage (which basically just has conjecture backing it right now).

Also, historically do they rename the "Battle of the Bastards?"
Aunt, not sister. As for your "Battle of the Bastards" comment,

Originally Posted by chowderhead
not all Targaryens are immune to fire. Viserys was melted by the molten gold. Jon injured his hand in the fire after fighting the wright at castle black in Mormont’s room in season 1.

Varys was writing messages about Jon being the true King last episode. I assume they can just have all the remaining Lords accept that.
Dany didn't know she was immune to fire until the point we saw. How could one grow up and not know that? Maybe she developed that immunity at some point? Seems like a plot point that they could explain with some random piece of info from Sam, if Jon is immune.
Old 05-15-19, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Like the War to End All Wars?
Old 05-15-19, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I said it before, but even if Drogon obeys, isn't Aegon immune to fire like his sister? That would be proof enough for most of his heritage (which basically just has conjecture backing it right now).

It already needs renaming since Roose Bolten was legitimized well before that Battle. Just insert former in brackets before Bastards and call it a day
Old 05-15-19, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by jfoobar
The interesting quirk about the manner in which they died is that no one could ever know that they died or not. From Dany/Jon's perspective, Cersei merely disappeared. No one even saw her and Jaime go down there.
Just get Bran to find out where they are. Warg out and scan the events of the battle...then get the dragon to excavate the rubble on the spot.. and give the bodies a proper burning.

Then have Bran warg the dragon, then eat Dany.
Old 05-15-19, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ScHoLaR oF SMuT
if HBO wanted 10 episodes or even more seasons they could have easily replaced the show runners
True.

if arya is smart she will have gotten the dead missandai's face to wear later as she murders grey worm and then dani
Nice idea, although I don't think they would be dumb enough to swallow it.

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
Of course it's magical, if one can just put a dead person's face on and suddenly animate them, talk like them, etc, why is it hard to believe that one can change size to match the face?
+1

How could one grow up and not know that? Maybe she developed that immunity at some point? Seems like a plot point that they could explain with some random piece of info from Sam, if Jon is immune.
Not many people would or have tested fire immunity on themselves...right?

Originally Posted by karoomba
Just get Bran to find out where they are. Warg out and scan the events of the battle...then get the dragon to excavate the rubble on the spot.. and give the bodies a proper burning.

Then have Bran warg the dragon, then eat Dany.
Sorry, but that's too much Bran for anyone.
Old 05-15-19, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-15-19, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by melasnus
Not many people would or have tested fire immunity on themselves...right?
Intentionally tested? No, but it's kinda of hard to grow up without accidentally touching fire, no? You've never been burned by a flame?
Old 05-15-19, 09:46 PM

True.

Nice idea, although I don't think they would be dumb enough to swallow it.

+1
arya in the guise of messandie actuallly does not need to convince grey worm or his queen of ANYTHING...she merely has to fuck them up with messandei's face and surprise-shock-and stab the prickless prick to death in order to gain access to killing his queen dani.
*and make note she is riding BACK to winterfell upon that white steed covered in life blood, dust and ash ALL of which symbolize impending death similar to the white blood and gut splattered horsie depicted in the book of revelations 6:1-2 that the king of the parthians rode when he slaughtered the jews of babylonia..
**if i'm 100% correct and messandei's face comes flying out next sunday i'm treating myself to a husky puppy that i hereby dub thee to be Christened Stinkadonis the Spectacular

Old 05-15-19, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Conveniently that leaves out important parts of what she said:

"When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me." and "Turn us away and we will burn you first."

She is talking about destroying enemies. The people of King's Landing hadn't wronged her. They surrendered instead of turning her away. They opened the gates and rang the bells.
Old 05-15-19, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I think they made a mistake in Jon and Dany not finding out his identity in S7. The downtime in between S7 and S8, knowing that she was against it being shared info would have better set up she gon' go cray.
Old 05-15-19, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

But in Dany's crazy head, they still took up arms against her (well, the soldiers) and they didn't welcome her with open arms like she wanted.

I just don't see how you can have Arya kill both the Night King and Dany. Like Jon's gotta do something in the finale.
Old 05-15-19, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But in Dany's crazy head, they still took up arms against her (well, the soldiers) and they didn't welcome her with open arms like she wanted.

I just don't see how you can have Arya kill both the Night King and Dany. Like Jon's gotta do something in the finale.
Predictions for Jon in the final episode. At one point he will say he doesn’t want the Iron Throne. In another scene he will tell Dany that she is still his queen. ��

All joking aside, Jon needs to step it up in the last episode.

Last edited by Obey The D; 05-15-19 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-15-19, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Daenerys has lost Jorah, her closest and longest advisor, Missandei, her closest friend, and two dragons. She found out Jon has a better claim to the throne and was basically pulling away from her. Varys betrayed her and Tyrion has failed her. She is basically alone in a foreign land. She knows people love Jon and would support his claim. She saw in Meereen that even when the city submitted and greeted her open arms, there was always going to be a rebel faction. Targaryens first conquered Westeros and did not come as the savior. It is entirely within the character arc.
Old 05-15-19, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts

Didn't get around to watching this episode until tonight. I thought it was great - intense and bleak. I didn't want Dany to turn "mad queen" but I wasn't surprised that she did. It's hard for me to imagine Jon Snow ending up on the throne. Sure, he's honorable but man is he dumb. He would make terrible decisions as the leader of Westeros.

One thing I'm curious about - what did Tyrion ask Davos to smuggle? At first I thought it was Cersei and Jamie, but I don't think that was it. Any other theories?
Old 05-16-19, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by kefrank
Didn't get around to watching this episode until tonight. I thought it was great - intense and bleak. I didn't want Dany to turn "mad queen" but I wasn't surprised that she did. It's hard for me to imagine Jon Snow ending up on the throne. Sure, he's honorable but man is he dumb. He would make terrible decisions as the leader of Westeros.

One thing I'm curious about - what did Tyrion ask Davos to smuggle? At first I thought it was Cersei and Jamie, but I don't think that was it. Any other theories?
No, it was definitely Cersei and Jamie, or at least providing the boat for them. Now why he would do that favor for Tyrion and risk his own head, who knows?
Old 05-16-19, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by karoomba
It already needs renaming since Roose Bolten was legitimized well before that Battle. Just insert former in brackets before Bastards and call it a day
Ramsay Bolton.
Old 05-16-19, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,278 Likes on 731 Posts

No, it was definitely Cersei and Jamie, or at least providing the boat for them. Now why he would do that favor for Tyrion and risk his own head, who knows?
It was just the boat. And he wasn't really risking much. The hand of the queen asked him to do something. He could easily say he was just doing as ordered.
Old 05-16-19, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kefrank
It's hard for me to imagine Jon Snow ending up on the throne. Sure, he's honorable but man is he dumb. He would make terrible decisions as the leader of Westeros.
Agreed, he's pathetic.
Intelligence was never Jon's greatest attribute.
OTOH, as real life has shown us recently, being smart isn't always necessary to becoming Top Dog.

As far as the Iron Throne goes, there are only a few of the big characters left now.
It's a process of elimination...
Old 05-16-19, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Intentionally tested? No, but it's kinda of hard to grow up without accidentally touching fire, no? You've never been burned by a flame?
Fire...I try to avoid.
Do you really believe in a magical land, with magical people and magical beasts being flame retardant is out of the question?

*and make note she is riding BACK to winterfell upon that white steed covered in life blood, dust and ash ALL of which symbolize impending death similar to the white blood and gut splattered horsie depicted in the book of revelations 6:1-2 that the king of the parthians rode when he slaughtered the jews of babylonia..
For some reason, I'm doubting the writers were thinking about the Book of Revelations while scribbling this episode down...
**if i'm 100% correct and messandei's face comes flying out next sunday i'm treating myself to a husky puppy that i hereby dub thee to be Christened Stinkadonis the Spectacular
OK.
Old 05-16-19, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,223 Posts

As far as the Iron Throne goes, there are only a few of the big characters left now.
It's a process of elimination...
Here's a visual (warning, large):

Spoiler:

At least one error in that, however. The "?" over Selyse Baratheon's face should also be an "X". She hung herself.
Old 05-16-19, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,223 Posts

Old 05-16-19, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
JFC its the last Jedi all over again, only not nearly as bad from my standpoint as that shit show movie was....

I like the second petition to have the writers followed around and have the woman say "Shame" as they walk through life.
It's equally sad. We are talking about adults getting this worked up over god damn fiction.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.