Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Is trying to watch a 22-25 episode season (1 hour drama) simply too much to commit to these days?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Is trying to watch a 22 to 25 episode season for a 1 hr drama too much for you these days?
Yes
28.30%
No
41.51%
Depends
30.19%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Is trying to watch a 22-25 episode season (1 hour drama) simply too much to commit to these days?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-19, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts
Re: Is trying to watch a 22-25 episode season (1 hour drama) simply too much to commit to these days?

Originally Posted by cultshock
Maybe when I'm retired.
Whether this was mentioned in jest or for real, I've actually had some first hand experience resembling this for a brief period of time. A number of years ago at work, I was furloughed for a few weeks and also took some vacation time. (I was offered another week of vacation time as a part of the package). So I had around a month of so of paid leave from work.

At time, I looked forward to catching up on my tv and dvd viewing. I started off watching through stuff like the original MacGyver and other backlogs of then-current shows (such as Criminal Minds, etc ...). After almost a week or so of this, I found that I was either going stir crazy and/or getting "cabin fever". I only watched through the first season or so of the original MacGyver, and some of my CSI, NCIS, and Criminal Minds backlog on the dvr.

After a few days of not watching anything other than the news, I tried started again and attempted to watch through other shows in my dvd backlog such as Revenge, LOST, etc ... This only last a few days, until I went stir crazy again.

After these two weeks or so into my furlogh/vacation, I largely gave up on attempting to catch up on my backlogs (both dvd/bluray and the dvr).

I strongly suspect by the time I am retired in several decades, this same stir crazy and/or cabin fever pattern will happen again whenever I attempt to watch through my backlogs of long running tv shows.