Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

Old 05-05-19, 10:38 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 54,204
Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19





SUNDAY, MAY 5

SUPERGIRL

"Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

MISS TESSMACHER RETURNS WITH A VENGEANCE - Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Lena (Katie McGrath) head to Kaznia to hunt down Lex. However, Eve Tessmacher (guest star Andrea Brooks) sets a trap for the duo that could ultimately reveal that Kara is Supergirl. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) gets a long-awaited phone call, James (Mehcad Brooks) practices using his powers, and Ben Lockwood (Sam Witwer) takes a dangerous stand inside the DEO. Shannon Kohli directed the episode with story by Derek Simon and teleplay by Katie Rose Rogers & Natalie Abrams (#420). Original airdate 5/5/2019.

Episode 20 of 22

DJariya is offline  
Old 05-06-19, 10:27 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Cellar Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,986
Re: Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

I want to rip my hair out from boredom during all of Alex's scenes. It's a shame, because I like Chyler Leigh. I want to like Alex. But they waste so much time on her character's personal life and it really does nothing to advance the story. I assume they're setting up James's sister as a new love interest for Alex and I am already falling asleep in anticipation of that.
Cellar Door is offline  
Old 05-07-19, 12:33 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
SmithsGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 848
Re: Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

Always love invulnerability extending to clothes - James' shorts at the Fortress or Ben after being thrown into the tanker ....
SmithsGuy is offline  
Old 05-08-19, 12:32 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 21,176
Re: Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
I want to rip my hair out from boredom during all of Alex's scenes. It's a shame, because I like Chyler Leigh. I want to like Alex. But they waste so much time on her character's personal life and it really does nothing to advance the story. I assume they're setting up James's sister as a new love interest for Alex and I am already falling asleep in anticipation of that.
Her character has been pretty useless since they wrote Dean Cain off the show. Searching for her father gave her character a bigger purpose than merely being Supergirl's sister.
PhantomStranger is offline  
Old 05-08-19, 08:32 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,136
Re: Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Her character has been pretty useless since they wrote Dean Cain off the show. Searching for her father gave her character a bigger purpose than merely being Supergirl's sister.
They've thrown her a bunch of storylines over the seasons and none of them have carried a lot of weight. Last season they seemed to be setting up her taking care of Reign's daughter (after Reign would be killed or imprisoned), but then took a left turn. This adoption thing this week seemed odd since it didn't fit into the main story and then was turned into Jimmy's sister revealing her lesbianism, which just seemed "handy". I'm kind of wondering if this was always intended or they just pulled it out.
DWilson is offline  
Old 05-10-19, 09:55 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,221
Re: Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

Considering James had a sister we didn't hear about until very recently, I'm thinking she's Alex's love interest now. Those scenes (for me) stop whatever momentum the episode has been getting with its other plotlines and brings it to a complete halt. Much like when Mona shows up on Legends of Tomorrow.
stingo is offline  
Old 05-10-19, 05:56 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,136
Re: Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Considering James had a sister we didn't hear about until very recently, I'm thinking she's Alex's love interest now. Those scenes (for me) stop whatever momentum the episode has been getting with its other plotlines and brings it to a complete halt.
When she mentioned her Lesbianism it was as subtle as dropping a piano off a skyscraper. I'm surprised they didn't have Alex audibly gulp. Of course, this show is noted for it's inconsistent characterization and plotting, so maybe they'll change their mind.
DWilson is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.