DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/647572-supergirl-s4e20-will-real-miss-tessmacher-please-stand-up-5-5-19-a.html)

DJariya 05-05-19 10:38 PM

Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...0163781ff5.jpg

SUNDAY, MAY 5

SUPERGIRL

"Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

MISS TESSMACHER RETURNS WITH A VENGEANCE - Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Lena (Katie McGrath) head to Kaznia to hunt down Lex. However, Eve Tessmacher (guest star Andrea Brooks) sets a trap for the duo that could ultimately reveal that Kara is Supergirl. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) gets a long-awaited phone call, James (Mehcad Brooks) practices using his powers, and Ben Lockwood (Sam Witwer) takes a dangerous stand inside the DEO. Shannon Kohli directed the episode with story by Derek Simon and teleplay by Katie Rose Rogers & Natalie Abrams (#420). Original airdate 5/5/2019.

Episode 20 of 22

Cellar Door 05-06-19 10:27 PM

Re: Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

I want to rip my hair out from boredom during all of Alex's scenes. It's a shame, because I like Chyler Leigh. I want to like Alex. But they waste so much time on her character's personal life and it really does nothing to advance the story. I assume they're setting up James's sister as a new love interest for Alex and I am already falling asleep in anticipation of that.

SmithsGuy 05-07-19 12:33 PM

Re: Supergirl (S4E20) -- "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" -- 5/5/19

Always love invulnerability extending to clothes - James' shorts at the Fortress or Ben after being thrown into the tanker .... :)

PhantomStranger 05-08-19 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door (Post 13546439)
I want to rip my hair out from boredom during all of Alex's scenes. It's a shame, because I like Chyler Leigh. I want to like Alex. But they waste so much time on her character's personal life and it really does nothing to advance the story. I assume they're setting up James's sister as a new love interest for Alex and I am already falling asleep in anticipation of that.

Her character has been pretty useless since they wrote Dean Cain off the show. Searching for her father gave her character a bigger purpose than merely being Supergirl's sister.

DWilson 05-08-19 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13547026)
Her character has been pretty useless since they wrote Dean Cain off the show. Searching for her father gave her character a bigger purpose than merely being Supergirl's sister.

They've thrown her a bunch of storylines over the seasons and none of them have carried a lot of weight. Last season they seemed to be setting up her taking care of Reign's daughter (after Reign would be killed or imprisoned), but then took a left turn. This adoption thing this week seemed odd since it didn't fit into the main story and then was turned into Jimmy's sister revealing her lesbianism, which just seemed "handy". I'm kind of wondering if this was always intended or they just pulled it out.

stingo 05-10-19 09:55 AM

Considering James had a sister we didn't hear about until very recently, I'm thinking she's Alex's love interest now. Those scenes (for me) stop whatever momentum the episode has been getting with its other plotlines and brings it to a complete halt. Much like when Mona shows up on Legends of Tomorrow.

DWilson 05-10-19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by stingo (Post 13548258)
Considering James had a sister we didn't hear about until very recently, I'm thinking she's Alex's love interest now. Those scenes (for me) stop whatever momentum the episode has been getting with its other plotlines and brings it to a complete halt.

When she mentioned her Lesbianism it was as subtle as dropping a piano off a skyscraper. I'm surprised they didn't have Alex audibly gulp. Of course, this show is noted for it's inconsistent characterization and plotting, so maybe they'll change their mind.