Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Game of Thrones (S8E04) -- 78 minute episode -- “The Last of the Starks” -- 5/5/19

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (S8E04) -- 78 minute episode -- “The Last of the Starks” -- 5/5/19

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-19, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,272 Likes on 730 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S8E04) -- 78 minute episode -- “The Last of the Starks” -- 5/5/19

Poor Jon..

Old 05-06-19, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S8E04) -- 78 minute episode -- “The Last of the Starks” -- 5/5/19

The cup is a teaser/spoiler for the amazing twist that will occur in the last episode. Starbuck from Kingdom Galactica will swoop in and take the Iron Throne!!!
Old 05-06-19, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
What didn't you find satisfying about the end of Littlefinger? I thought that was a satisfying scene.
Littlefinger was always this mastermind schemer perhaps the most intelligent character in the series. He was always thinking and plotting several steps ahead in the game yet is his grand end game was to try and stir up a feud between the Stark sisters? I just expected something bigger from him.
Old 05-06-19, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
Littlefinger was always this mastermind schemer perhaps the most intelligent character in the series. He was always thinking and plotting several steps ahead in the game yet is his grand end game was to try and stir up a feud between the Stark sisters? I just expected something bigger from him.
His grand end game was the Iron Throne with he and Sansa as King and Queen. He told her as much. Pitting Sansa against Arya was a rung on the chaos ladder. He saw Arya as an untrusting obstacle that served no value to him. He sought to eliminate her based on the information he had historically regarding their relationship. You can argue he should have accounted for the idea they both had changed and were not kids any longer. Sansa just outwitted him because the student had become the master.
Old 05-06-19, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Pretty obvious who sits on the Iron Throne at the end now.
Spoiler:
Sansa, though I have long thought that from the books anyway

And I suspect
Spoiler:
The Hound
will help her. In fact, it's big time foreshadowing. Cersi has
Spoiler:
The Mountain and Sansa has The Hound.
Hell, even at the dinner table
Spoiler:
she tells him how Ramsay was killed: by hounds.

Old 05-06-19, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts

It feels like to me that is looking more and more like Dany is going to die.

The dragon getting shot down was kind of unbelievable. The shock was pretty cool. But then you see the arrows came from a group of ships (with their sails up). Dany was in the air over water and should have seen them from far away since they had to have line of sight to shoot, unless it was a "magic" arrow. And why didn't she circle around behind them and take them out now? Or come from straight above?

I'll have to go back and watch, but do we know for sure Jaime and Tyrion were in Winterfell, and not in the town outside? I was thinking maybe that's how Bronn got in so easily.

I like the little details, like all the bruises and scars they have after the battle.

Missandei and another dragon. They're slowly thinning the herd.

A couple of stream problems again for me last night. When Arya met the Hound, I got a loading message, then it came back in less than HD. Then straightened out to HD, then got loading a couple more times, and completely froze during the inside episode. Had to exit app and go back in to finish.
I rewatched last weeks episode before this one, and the quality was much better (as usual when I watch it later), but still dark.
Old 05-06-19, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it just me or is the writing lazy?
Old 05-06-19, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by General Zod
Poor Jon..

Misspell Jon as John, oh I would add on his cup Aunt fucker.
Old 05-06-19, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
So sorry Miss Sandy.

She should have grabbed onto Cersei and leapt from the wall.
Originally Posted by B.A.

yep
I don't think that was remotely possible. Her hands were bound in chains. Even if she tried, the move to grab Cersei with her bound hands would have been too slow and the Mountain would have stopped it.
Old 05-06-19, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

With Dany's closest people now gone (Jorah and Missandei), and her being jealous with Jon being adored by his people, I wonder if she will just go back to Mereen marry Dario and rule Mereen where she is loved by the people. No matter what she does, the people of Westros will never embrace her.

I am pretty sure Yara will join the battle next week and do hope Dario and the Second Sons shows up.
Old 05-06-19, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Apparently Weiss and Benioff had a cameo in this episode. I watched the behind the scenes documentary and they were in the big celebration scene at the beginning.
Old 05-06-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Well I guess I'll just end it here for the threads then. If my valid criticism of HBO is considered trolling now, I'll be sure to stay out of the threads for the final episodes.
In fairness, the following comment that dex was responding to has no substantive criticism at all. It may not be "trolling" but it's definitely threadcrapping:
Originally Posted by Noonan
This whole season (and most of last) should be retconned. I guess GRRM doesn't care how his legacy ends as long as the checks keep rolling in.
Old 05-06-19, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by kefrank
I don't think that was remotely possible. Her hands were bound in chains. Even if she tried, the move to grab Cersei with her bound hands would have been too slow and the Mountain would have stopped it.
People need to realize that you cannot get to Cersei in close proximity to The Mountain. The Mountain will fuck you up.
Old 05-06-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

The whole series is ruined for me!

Lady Mormont was turned to a wight last episode when the Night King did his "all rise" move. When the Night King was killed, all the wights and walkers turned into ice shards. If this was the case, why did the corpse of Lady Mormont look like a regular dead body on the funeral pyre?
Old 05-06-19, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
Littlefinger's death was one of my favourites of this show. He was scum, and met a deserving, and surprising, fate.

Bran doing nothing? Bran was almost entirely responsible for the death of the Night King. Why do people fail to grasp that?
Can you help me understand how Bran is doing something? I ask in all seriousness because his "raven travel" thing... what did it amount to? What was the point?
Old 05-06-19, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Am I a horrible human being for being sadder about Rhaegal dying than Missandei?
Yes. But it's understood. I'm seeing this morning that to many she was not a major character and had no importance to anyone. Well, if you forget about Danny and Greyworm. This death was done to throw them off their game. It seems it may have worked.
Old 05-06-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Rob V
Can you help me understand how Bran is doing something? I ask in all seriousness because his "raven travel" thing... what did it amount to? What was the point?
Warging the Ravens brought the Night King to where he was. That was a big deal.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-06-19 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-06-19, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja

Lady Mormont was turned to a wight last episode when the Night King did his "all rise" move. When the Night King was killed, all the wights and walkers turned into ice shards. If this was the case, why did the corpse of Lady Mormont look like a regular dead body on the funeral pyre?
this occurred to me too
Old 05-06-19, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Since he was touched by the Night King during one of his visions, he and the Night King actually became "connected" and he could sense where Bran was. Thus Bran was the "bait". I suppose you could still say that Bran didn't actually "do" anything, except be negligent during his visions allowing himself to be touched...
Old 05-06-19, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Warging the Raven brought the Night King to where he was. That was a big deal.
we may never get it explained to us, but if their plan was to draw the NK to that spot, then this makes sense.
Old 05-06-19, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I couldn't sworn Rhaegal died last week. I thought I saw him fly away with Wights all over him and then come back breathing blue fire? Hell I'm not even sure what I watched last week now.
Old 05-06-19, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe she hadn't completed the full metamorphosis yet? lol I can imagine it must be frustrated to be a writer on such a series and try to avoid every single inconsistency.
Old 05-06-19, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No, only the Night King and his Generals(White Walkers) turned to ice. The wights and the wight dragon Viserian only dropped down dead(er). The Giant Lady Mormont killed was killed with Dragon glass so he fell apart
Old 05-06-19, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
Misspell Jon as John, oh I would add on his cup Aunt fucker.
From my experience, the cups would say Dienairs Storpboop and Jim Snoop.
Old 05-06-19, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way, Arya is inside Cersei's castle. How could she not be? They opened the gates to let the peasants in, she's there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.