Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Loudest Voice Russell Crowe Roger Ailes Showtime Series June 30, 2019

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-27-19, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe Crowe was inspired by Christian Bale and he wanted his own fat bald old guy character to play.

I thought this was going to be a movie when I first head the rumors of Watts playing a FOX News personality.

Roger Ailes lays out his “fair and balanced” vision for Fox News in unsparing terms in the teaser for Showtime’s upcoming limited series, The Loudest Voice, premiering June 30th.The seven-part series stars Russell Crowe as the notorious Fox News founder, who built the network into a financial juggernaut and a virtual mouthpiece for the Republican party. The new clip teases Crowe’s portrayal of Ailes as a cunning man hell-bent on getting whatever he wanted, whether political power, ratings or women. Amidst his Fox News scheming — “We’re gonna give them a vision of the world the way they want it to be” — the clip also alludes to Ailes’ alleged history of sexual harassment that led to his ouster from the network in 2016 (Ailes died a year later).

Along with Crowe, The Loudest Voice stars Naomi Watts as former Fox anchor Gretchen Carlson (who was the first to accuse Ailes of sexual misconduct), Sienna Miller as Ailes’ wife Elizabeth, Seth MacFarlane as former Fox News PR chief Brian Lewis and Simon McBurney as News Corp chief Rupert Murdoch.
A must watch for me with this cast

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-n...railer-823019/

Old 04-27-19, 06:31 PM

Re: The Loudest Voice Russell Crowe Roger Ailes Showtime Series June 30, 2019

There is a movie version coming too: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...e-lithgow.html