Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Step Up: High Water (YouTube) -- From the Producers of the Movie series

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-19, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Step Up: High Water (YouTube) -- From the Producers of the Movie series

STEP UP: HIGH WATER focuses on several ambitious young dancers in a contemporary performing arts school in Atlanta. Sage Odom (Ne-Yo) is the legendary founder of Atlanta's famed High Water Performing Arts School. Collette (Naya Rivera), is a former dancer turned High Water administrator whose passion for her students is only matched by her history with Sage, and secrets of her own. Dancers "Janelle" (Lauryn McClain) and "Tal" (Petrice Jones), are twins who are uprooted from suburban Ohio to live with their Uncle Al (Faizon Love). As the pair settle into their new home, new school, and new life they face big challenges. The cast of series regulars, all returning for a second season, include Marcus Mitchell as "Dondre," Jade Chynoweth as "Odalie," Carlito Olivero as "Davis," Terrence Green as "Rigo," Eric Graise as "King," and Kendra Oyesanya as "Poppy."

STEP UP: HIGH WATER is created and executive produced by showrunner Holly Sorensen (Recovery Road, Make It Or Break It). Adam Shankman, Jennifer Gibgot and Meredith Milton, all producers of the original Step Up films, executive produced season one, along with Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan, who both co-starred in the original Step Up film.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LS5ZSkHUqBQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Currently in season 2 on YouTube.

I realize probably no one here is watching this. But, I just signed up for a month long free trial for YouTube Premium for Cobra Kai. But, I decided to binge some of this last night as I heard about the series last year, but never had time to watch it.

I powered through 3 episodes until 1am this morning. I enjoyed the film series and this is loosely based on it. It has a "Fame" vibe to it. The Pilot episode is a little R rated as it's filled with F bombs, but overall it's worth checking out if you're a fan of the movie series. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the 2 seasons before the trial is up because mainly I'm watching YouTube Premium for Cobra Kai.

There is some pretty good dancing in the episodes I saw. Naya Rivera from Glee has a recurring role as one of the heads of the school these kids are at.
Old 04-22-19, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Step Up: High Water (YouTube) -- From the Producers of the Movie series

I have no use for dance, but Jade Chynoweth has a body like a fitness model. Hope she continues to pursue action movies. And wears tight clothing.