Game of Thrones (S8E02) -- ”A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” -- 4/21/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-19, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S8E02) -- ”A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” -- 4/21/19

Originally Posted by melasnus
Dany is not invulnerable.
She will be killed in battle on top of one of her dragons.

Jon Snow will become King of the 7 Kingdoms...backed up by a surviving dragon for good measure.
There...I said it.
Jon's the only one on the show I feel sure WON'T die...because they've pulled that rabbit out of the hat already with him.
Old 04-25-19, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by melasnus
Dany is not invulnerable.
She will be killed in battle on top of one of her dragons.

Jon Snow will become King of the 7 Kingdoms...backed up by a surviving dragon for good measure.
There...I said it.
This is the prediction I'd go with as well. More specifically, I think Dany and her dragon will sacrifice themselves taking out the zombie dragon, leaving Jon and the dragon he's already ridden to take on Cersi.
Old 04-25-19, 10:06 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
This is the prediction I'd go with as well. More specifically, I think Dany and her dragon will sacrifice themselves taking out the zombie dragon, leaving Jon and the dragon he's already ridden to take on Cersi.
Right. Once Cersei hears that Danaerys is dead she will think there is no one with a legitimate claim to the throne so the people won't support the rebellion coming from the North (plus the North's army will be decimated after the battle with the White Walkers). I'm having fun trying to guess which of 100 different ways Cersei will die. Dragon fire? Jamie's sword through the heart (so he become the King- and Queenslayer)? So many fun ways...
Old 04-25-19, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

At this point the ending I want to see is Tyrion on the throne with Varys as his hand. The two of them sipping wine at the Iron Throne; fade to black.
Old 04-25-19, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I would be ecstatic if they did something like Six Feet Under and showed the end of life moments for the surviving cast members after the battle assuming there are any. The SFU ending has always struck me as one of the most impactful endings of a series outside of the controversial Sopranon's ending with the fade to black when Tony dies.
Old 04-25-19, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Don't be so certain (S4 E10):

A few tattered garments seems to be the only difference.
Oh shit, I totally forgot about that.

Nevermind then.
Old 04-25-19, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely loved the episode. My wife and I have been talking about who’s going to survive this week’s battle.

My take is:

Arya – safe. They better not kill her. I’m biased because she’s my favorite character.

Sansa – safe. She’s gonna end up ruling Winterfell with Arya as her “hand” or whatever equivalent title they give her.

Tyrion – safe for now. Probably gonna die before the series is over though.

Jon – on the bubble. I see him sacrificing himself to save Dany because he doesn’t really want to be king and doesn’t want to deal with the fallout from his knowledge.

Jorah – pretty sure he’s gone.

Jamie – has to live for now so he can kill Cersei. Although I wouldn’t mind if Arya gets her too.

Brienne – sadly, I think she’s a goner too. Probably in the process of saving Jamie.

Gendry – bye bye. At least he got to get it on with Arya

Samwell – on the bubble. I want to say they need him to “validate” Jon’s lineage. Then again, if Jon dies…

Dany –safe. She’ll end up on the throne and in gratitude for Jon’s sacrifice, she’ll release the North to the Starks

Hound – safe for now so he can fight in the CleganeBowl where he’ll die in defeat, but like what another poster said, Arya will avenge him.

Bran – I would think safe. He’ll spend the rest of his days hanging out by the hearttree in Winterfell

Tormund – will end up in battle next to Brienne and end up saving her life before she bites it
Old 04-25-19, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Jon's the only one on the show I feel sure WON'T die...because they've pulled that rabbit out of the hat already with him.
Good point.

Originally Posted by slop101
I hadn't thought of a kamikaze ride, but it would make some sense.
She now knows her claim to the throne just became WAY more complicated.
Question becomes is she willing to do this in order to make sure a Targaryen is placed on the Iron Throne?
Certainly her romance with Jon is over...he telegraphed as much during this episode.

Originally Posted by Bandoman
I'm having fun trying to guess which of 100 different ways Cersei will die. Dragon fire? Jamie's sword through the heart (so he become the King- and Queenslayer)? So many fun ways...
IMO, either Jamie or Arya will do the deed.
Old 04-25-19, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Yeah, you need enough characters to die to give the battle weight, but you need enough to survive for the King’s Landing endgame. Theon’s at the top of my death list.
Old 04-25-19, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I need to stop reading this thread.

I'm worried someone is going to guess, too accurately, as happened before. I don't remember if it was this show, or another. It was so accurate, it couldn't have been a guess, and it would really suck for that to happen after all the time invested in this show.
Old 04-25-19, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yeah, you need enough characters to die to give the battle weight, but you need enough to survive for the King’s Landing endgame. Theon’s at the top of my death list.
Yeah next week is the big battle but there are still eps after. Some folks gotta live.
Old 04-26-19, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus

I'm worried someone is going to guess, too accurately, as happened before. I don't remember if it was this show, or another. It was so accurate, it couldn't have been a guess, and it would really suck for that to happen after all the time invested in this show.
I can't speak for anyone else, but just so you know, all of my ridiculous wild-ass guesses will turn out to be true....

Old 04-26-19, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

they all die in sunday's battle. the next two episodes are night king/white walker back story (which ends up explaining that the Night King is really a hero and the humans are the villans) as they work their way to Kings Landing. Final episode is the death of the rest of the living in Westeros.
Old 04-26-19, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts

In an ideal world, Jaime ends up on the throne and agrees to let Sansa rule the North.

Jon is too dumb to rule anything. Dany, with her God complex, is just as batshit crazy as Cercei. I hope both of them die.

P.S. Jaime should have asked for a dragonglass hand.
Old 04-26-19, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
they all die in sunday's battle. the next two episodes are night king/white walker back story (which ends up explaining that the Night King is really a hero and the humans are the villans) as they work their way to Kings Landing. Final episode is the death of the rest of the living in Westeros.
yup, its all an allegory for gobal warming and climate change and how man is ruining the earth and unfit to live here....
Old 04-26-19, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts

Maybe NSFW:
Spoiler:

This was on Facebook so my nephew tagged me because he knows I watch GOT. So I replied something about people being uncomfortable with that scene because we watched her grow up and she still looks 14. But he hasn't seen the 1st two episodes yet so he thought the pics/scene was fake/photoshopped. Then he says THIS IS REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL??? And I go, yup!
Old 04-26-19, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

When all seemed lost .... everyone (except Theon, Podrick, Jorah, beric dondarrion and Dolorous Edd) gets saved by

eagles.
Old 04-27-19, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Not confirmed, but with regards to who is at Winterfall, a theory circulating around says that
Spoiler:
Melisandre may have taken the form of the scarred girl going into the crypt. Remember she is on the kill list of a few characters and she told Varys in season 7, “I have to die in this strange country. Just like you .