Game of Thrones (S8E02) -- ”A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” -- 4/21/19

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (S8E02) -- ”A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” -- 4/21/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-19, 02:35 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S8E02) -- ”A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” -- 4/21/19

Wow, we Americans really do obsess about sex (notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat). When I realized what was happening, I just thought "Oh - I guess Arya's having sex now" and when she started to undress I felt a bit uneasy, but they didn't show much and I thought the scene was tasteful. Also totally in character for Arya - she was in complete control. If both she and Gendry survive, and if they remain together, we know who will be in control that that relationship.
Old 04-22-19, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,258 Likes on 837 Posts

Could have been a lot worse, imagine Arya saying: "Oh Gendry, fill me with your needle!"
Old 04-22-19, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
I haven't noticed anyone think that maybe Jon and Dany will rule together? You know, as King & Queen.
The 7 Kingdoms will become The 6 Kingdoms, with Jon ruling The North.
Or Dany kills Jon and becomes Queen.
Or both die and Sansa becomes Queen.

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
What if the Night King and zombie-Viserion aren't at Winterfell?
They make a beeline to King's Landing to kill Cersei?
Nah, Cersei can't end that way.
She has to die from someone she has sinned against...

Originally Posted by DJariya
And the Arya sex scene didn't creep me out or disgust me like some here. She's a young girl who may or may not survive the end of the next couple of days and a virgin and wants to know what it feels like to make love for the first time. So what? It's a natural human emotion.
Agreed, it made sense.

Old 04-22-19, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
They were always showing Emmy Rossum naked.
You make that sound like a bad thing...
Old 04-22-19, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I have a 3 yo so I've been watching A LOT of Sesame Street. They do A LOT of film/TV show parodies...even of films/TV shows one would think are too adult for the show. Oddly enough they do end up working. I am not shocked that they did a GoT parody.
it was a natural sequel to Game of Chairs

"Can you hurry this up? I have a wedding to get to."
Old 04-22-19, 03:11 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Let's face it, they could have filmed the scene a thousand ways which showed no nudity

I think this was about Maise wanting the world to see her as a 'regular female' for future roles . Otherwise she's typecast into the tough tomboy role for the immediate future of her career.

Let's face it, she hasn't grown up to be the most attractive young female around, not ugly by any means, but not hot compared to other young starlets.
Old 04-22-19, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,177 Likes on 4,206 Posts

Quick question here : I gathered from the way Jamie spoke to Bran that they (along with Cersi) were the only ones in the Seven Kingdoms who knew that Jamie pushed Bran out the window. Is that right? Nobody in Winterfell ever asked Bran what happened?
Old 04-22-19, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Quick question here : I gathered from the way Jamie spoke to Bran that they (along with Cersi) were the only ones in the Seven Kingdoms who knew that Jamie pushed Bran out the window. Is that right? Nobody in Winterfell ever asked Bran what happened?
before he became the three eyed raven, Bran did not remember what happened. I think it was possible Littlefinger suspected the Lannisters were responsible because he tried to frame Joffrey for the subsequent attempt on Bran’s life.
Old 04-22-19, 03:25 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I’m pretty sure Jamie admits it to Catelyn when he’s locked up. I don’t recall if that news made it to others.
Old 04-22-19, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I have never seen Fuller House, but I thought it was a pretty wholesome family show? Are people actually getting naked on Fuller House? Wouldn't it be shocking if anyone got naked on Fuller House?

I think a better comparison would be Showtime's Shameless. If they started showing the Debbie character naked, it would be weird since we've been watching her one the show since she was a pre-teen, but she's now old enough to do sex scenes. I wonder if they'll ever go there with her. They were always showing Emmy Rossum naked.
That's why I thought the Full House analogy was kind of silly. As for Shameless, both Carl and Ian were also under 18 when that show started. It didn't stop them there. In Carl's case, it was way under 18.
Old 04-22-19, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

The Arya scene did make me feel uncomfortable, mostly because I had just been watching earlier episodes where she looks like a tween. I certainly wouldn't call it shocking, though.

Frankly, I'm glad there are more "ew" reactions to the scene rather than the usual responses.
Old 04-22-19, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I liked the episode, though it did feel like a lot of set-up after last week’s set-up (“Hey, we have even more reunions after last week!”), but when I saw the title of episode 3, I figured that would be the case.

As has been said, I think part of the problem is that people are counting down the number of episodes and saying “We’re a third of the way through the final season [not actually true by run time], and you have too much left to cover to be spending your time on this!” The show runners have mapped this out and chose this path. After it’s all over, we have plenty of time to judge.

I was surprised the Sansa-Theon reunion affected me as much as it did. No way Theon survives, but he’s getting a heroic end.
Old 04-22-19, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 1,271 Likes on 729 Posts

This was a clam before the storm episode and it provided an opportunity to show that while not everyone agrees with each other about everything - they are all in this together.

The Arya scene reminded me of the one on Airplane II ("I don't mean to sound forward.."). Brienne's scene was terrific. We've come to know all these characters so well.. and I'm sure we've going to be saying goodbye to them in the weeks to come. It was nice having an opportunity for each of them to have a few minutes - since I doubt there will be much downtime anyway soon.
Old 04-22-19, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by General Zod
This was a clam before the storm episode=
Indeed! Arya's clam!
Old 04-22-19, 04:50 PM

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Is this DVDTalk? A 22 year old woman is tastefully naked and many are going EWW.

I don't keep up with all the behind the scenes stuff so I thought this and last week were great episodes
to catch up with a bunch of characters I haven't seen in 2 years.

Last edited by DeFan; 04-22-19 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-22-19, 05:19 PM

This is the icing on the cake:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 04-22-19, 05:43 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I found this to be a pretty badly written episode.

Bring on the carnage.
Old 04-22-19, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
This is the icing on the cake:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Relax haters. G RR Martin wrote that line...
Old 04-22-19, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I don't understand the issue either. I had no problems with Arya having sex or using a fake prosthetic rather than show her real body.
Old 04-22-19, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is everyone expecting the battle with the Night King to be mostly over in the next episode?

I can see an scenario where the Night King has a big victory, some of the good guys survive... otherwise it's going to be too simple, too straight forward. Defeat TNK, defeat Cercei. The end.
Old 04-22-19, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I had no problem with the scene. A young woman wanted some boom boom before the big fight, sounds about right.

Maisie Williams thought her big 'Game of Thrones' sex scene was a prank

(CNN)You weren't the only one surprised by that scene between Arya Stark and Gendry on "Game of Thrones." The pair did the do on the episode of "Game of Thrones" which aired Sunday night and folks were not ready. Maisie Williams, who portrays Arya, told EW she initially thought it was a joke because showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have sent actors bogus scripts before to pull their legs.

Interactive: Tracking major characters and the pivotal moments of the final season of "Game of Thrones" "At first, I thought it was a prank," she said. "I was like, 'Yo, good one.' And [the showrunners were] like, 'No, we haven't done that this year.' Oh f***!"

Williams first learned of the scene from her bff Sophie Turner, who portrays Sansa Stark on the hit HBO series. "I called Maisie and was like: 'Have you read it yet?'" Turner told EW. "And she's like, 'I'm midway through episode one.' And I'm like: This scene, this page, read it! This is awesome! She was very happy." 'Game of Thrones' Episode 2 recap: Let's all sit by the fire before we die. By the time they got to the table read, Williams said she had some thoughts about her character getting busy with the character played by Joe Dempsie "I got to the read-through and I'm reading the scene and thought, 'Oh, we're actually going to do this. When do I shoot this? I need to go to the gym.' A whole list of things," Williams said.

Williams started the show when she was 11 years old, but is now 22.

She said Benioff and Weiss told her, "You can show as much or as little as you want."

"So I kept myself pretty private," Williams said. "I don't think it's important for Arya to flash. This beat isn't really about that. And everybody else has already done it on the show, so..."
Williams said the scene, while an acting challenge, was an important one for her character.

“It was really interesting because it’s a very human relationship for Arya,” Williams says. “This is something she’s stayed away from, an emotion we’ve never really seen her engage with."

"It’s interesting to see Arya be a bit more human, speak more normally about things people are scared of," she added.
Meanwhile:

Last edited by stingermck; 04-22-19 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-22-19, 09:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thought this was a fantastic episode I think they will wrap the dead battle next episode and then have two eps left for cersei and the battle for the iron throne
Old 04-22-19, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Let’s put the women and children in the crypt where they will be safer ... the crypt where they bury the dead.
Interesting thought - can the Night King raise the dead that are in the crypt? Or can he only bring back the recently deceased?
Old 04-23-19, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 389 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Interesting thought - can the Night King raise the dead that are in the crypt? Or can he only bring back the recently deceased?

oh SHIT! Would be amazing if they go there. But if I'm not mistaken the king needs some kind of contact / line of site to reanimate people as he touched the dragon to wake it up. I think he just raised his hands in dramatic fashion to raise the dead at the wildling camp battle so that makes me a little less sure....
Old 04-23-19, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by jpcamb
oh SHIT! Would be amazing if they go there. But if I'm not mistaken the king needs some kind of contact / line of site to reanimate people as he touched the dragon to wake it up. I think he just raised his hands in dramatic fashion to raise the dead at the wildling camp battle so that makes me a little less sure....
I've seen this theory come up a few times. Especially with the amount of times they mentioned the crypts in the last episode.

When the bones attacked Bran a few seasons ago, they seemed to just rise from the ground.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.