DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Orville (S2E13) -- "Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow" -- 4/18/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/647407-orville-s2e13-tomorrow-tomorrow-tomorrow-4-18-19-a.html)

DJariya 04-18-19 08:21 PM

The Orville (S2E13) -- "Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow" -- 4/18/19

A TIME DISTORTION AFFECTS ED AND KELLY'S RELATIONSHIP ON AN ALL-NEW "THE ORVILLE" THURSDAY, APRIL 18, ON FOX

A time distortion affects Ed and Kelly's relationship in the all-new "Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow" episode of THE ORVILLE airing Thursday, April 18 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (ORV-212) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Seth MacFarlane as Captain Ed Mercer; Adrianne Palicki as Commander Kelly Grayson; Penny Johnson Jerald as Dr. Claire Finn; Scott Grimes as Lieutenant Gordon Malloy; Peter Macon as Lieutenant Commander Bortus; Jessica Szohr as Lieutenant Talla Keyali; J Lee as Lieutenant Commander John Lamarr; Mark Jackson as Isaac; Chad L. Coleman as Klyden

Read more:Listings - ORVILLE, THE on FOX | TheFutonCritic.comhttp://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20190328fox08/#ixzz5lV46SmJ1

Next week is the season finale

B5Erik 04-19-19 12:42 AM

Re: The Orville (S2E13) -- "Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow" -- 4/18/19

That was another really good episode. Of course, the ending sure leaves you asking a lot of questions. What are the repercussions of that ending? Will they even address it (assuming there is a season 3), or do they leave it hanging?

I strongly suspect that they're setting up something for next season.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was really well done. Yeah, you could see some of the plot points a mile away, but they executed them so well it didn't really hurt the episode. I could really relate to Ed, but being as old as I am I also knew what would happen with a Kelly who was 7 years younger. But I get the hopes of doing something over again and correcting mistakes of the past.

My wife loved this episode, too. She's really digging this show.

DWilson 04-19-19 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by B5Erik (Post 13536238)
That was another really good episode. Of course, the ending sure leaves you asking a lot of questions. What are the repercussions of that ending? Will they even address it (assuming there is a season 3), or do they leave it hanging?

I strongly suspect that they're setting up something for next season.

I went into this thinking it was the finale, and they were setting up a way to re-boot the Ed/Kelly relationship as an angle for next season. The ending certainly offers some quiet suspense. Based on the preview, there appears to be another scene with the two Kellys next week.

windom 04-19-19 01:38 AM

I think the preview for next week just showed footage from the previous episodes this season. I don't think they actually showed any footage from the finale.

Deftones 04-19-19 11:03 AM

The holographic video game thing had me rolling. :lol:

Eric F 04-19-19 11:18 AM

Bortus and Klyden dancing. :lol:

Yeah, I saw the set up for this episode too. It's a clear rip-off of a couple of TNG episodes, Parallels and Second Chances with a different spin at the end.

So, did the mind wipe not work on young Kelly or is she just going on a "feeling"? Also, did young Kelly create a new time line or has the current one changed?

DWilson 04-19-19 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 13536433)

Yeah, I saw the set up for this episode too. It's a clear rip-off of a couple of TNG episodes, Parallels and Second Chances with a different spin at the end.

So, did the mind wipe not work on young Kelly or is she just going on a "feeling"? Also, did young Kelly create a new time line or has the current one changed?

Can we just drop the rip-off thing, -it's getting old (for example, any hospital drama is probably "ripping off" an episode of "Grey's Anatomy" (it's over 300 episodes), and they've probably "ripped off" "St. Elsewhere".

The logline for next week's "Orville" (I'm paraphrasing) talks about the crew dealing with the serious ramifications of Kelly's decision (or actions)..

Count Dooku 04-19-19 05:48 PM

One thing to say about what I saw in this episode: Kelly has terrifyingly long and skinny legs. Talk about your walking sticks!

Count Dooku 04-19-19 05:52 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...c4448fc463.gif

Eric F 04-19-19 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13536665)
Can we just drop the rip-off thing, -it's getting old (for example, any hospital drama is probably "ripping off" an episode of "Grey's Anatomy" (it's over 300 episodes), and they've probably "ripped off" "St. Elsewhere".

The logline for next week's "Orville" (I'm paraphrasing) talks about the crew dealing with the serious ramifications of Kelly's decision (or actions)..

Doubt that's going to happen when Seth said the show is a homage to Trek. Even new Trek shows like Discovery manage to come up with new plot lines.

RichC2 04-19-19 09:29 PM

Shrug, I just hope this gets a third season

Dscarpad 04-20-19 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13536839)
Shrug, I just hope this gets a third season

yep Tom Riiker redo

TGM 04-20-19 09:49 PM

young Kelly was way hotter. :drool:

movieguru 04-20-19 10:34 PM

Did the preview for the season finale just show that the young Kelly was back on the Orville again for the final season episode? This one is definetly a homage to the Thomas Riker episode. I wonder if they will have some kid of a 'Yesterday's Enterprise"/ "Redemption" side effect for the finale or for next season.

Tom Banjo 04-20-19 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 13537224)
young Kelly was way hotter. :drool:

Agreed! I thought Palicki was hot in Friday Night Lights, but she never did anything for me on Orville until this week with the younger one. Maybe it was the bangs?

melasnus 04-21-19 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo (Post 13537247)
Agreed! I thought Palicki was hot in Friday Night Lights, but she never did anything for me on Orville until this week with the younger one. Maybe it was the bangs?

Yup, helped hide her 3rd eye.

General Zod 04-21-19 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 13537242)
Did the preview for the season finale just show that the young Kelly was back on the Orville again for the final season episode? This one is definetly a homage to the Thomas Riker episode. I wonder if they will have some kid of a 'Yesterday's Enterprise"/ "Redemption" side effect for the finale or for next season.

From what I'm told the finale will be all about the decision Kelly made.

MLBFan24 04-21-19 10:31 PM

Great episode! And nice twist ending.

This episode actually made me think about my past and where I’m heading in the future.

DVD Josh 04-22-19 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13536665)

It's one thing to borrow a concept. This show just re-writes entire TNG episodes and movies. It's pathetic.

Giantrobo 04-22-19 12:50 PM

Liked this "someone from the past" ep A LOT more than the other ep where the guy fell in love with holodeck girl from the past. :up:

Giantrobo 04-22-19 12:52 PM

:lol::up:

JimRochester 04-22-19 04:31 PM

Why wasn't the entire episode about Bortus and Klyden dancing and how they dance on their home planet, and how the all male society dances?

I liked this. Aside from the lousy wig, young Kelly was pretty hot. Interesting she turned him down. I wonder how that will effect the future dynamic?

General Zod 04-22-19 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 13537779)
It's one thing to borrow a concept. This show just re-writes entire TNG episodes and movies. It's pathetic.

Even the techno-babble at the end to explain how they were going to send her back sounded like something spewed right out of Geordi's mouth. But personally, and I think I speak for most everyone who enjoys this show, we don't care. We liked TNG. So a "rip off" spun a slightly different way with more fun characters? Sounds like a win.

dhmac 04-24-19 01:43 PM

Egotastic Funtime recap and review

JimRochester 04-24-19 02:10 PM

I watched this again last night. I will give Palicki credit. She had some great facial expressions I didn't notice the first time.