DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrow (S7E18) -- "Lost Canary" -- 4/15/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/647384-arrow-s7e18-lost-canary-4-15-19-a.html)

DJariya 04-15-19 09:37 PM

Arrow (S7E18) -- "Lost Canary" -- 4/15/19

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...4dfb6f6bfe.png

MONDAY, APRIL 15

ARROW

"Lost Canary" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

BIRDS OF PREY; CAITY LOTZ GUEST STARS - After being accused of murder and having her criminal past exposed, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) goes full Black Siren and teams up with an old criminal acquaintance, Shadow Thief (guest star Carmel Amit), to go on a crime spree around Star City. While Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) aims to bring Laurel in, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) refuses to give up on her friend and tries everything to get through to her, even summoning Sara Lance (guest star Caity Lotz) for help. However, Laurel rebuffs all her efforts, forcing the former friends to face off against each other. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Jill Blankenship & Elisa Delson (#718). Original airdate 4/15/2019.

Read more:Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.comhttp://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20190328cw04/#ixzz5lDpP95h9

Episode 18 of 22

Eric F 04-16-19 07:42 PM

Re: Arrow (S7E18) -- "Lost Canary" -- 4/15/19

Does anyone care about the future time line at all?

I don't think I'm going to make it through this season let alone the next one.

Tom Banjo 04-16-19 07:50 PM

I actually like the future timeline more. From what I’ve read here and elsewhere I’m obviously in the vast minority.

I’ve also read that they were supposedly looking at doing a Star City 2040 spin-off back it was looking like Amell might not want to do another season, but now that he is coming back for a final season the flash forwards will continue then.

will travel 04-18-19 12:55 AM

Nice to see Sara wearing the WHITE CANARY uniform again. :wub:
For some reason there appears to be a NO uniform rule on LEGENDS this season. :(

PhantomStranger 04-18-19 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by will travel (Post 13535552)
For some reason there appears to be a NO uniform rule on LEGENDS this season. :(

I know that most superhero actors bitterly complain to producers about wearing their costumes. Most of the time it adds an hour or more of their day wasted in wardrobe.

stingo 04-19-19 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by will travel (Post 13535552)

That might have to do with a reduced budget?

PhantomStranger 04-19-19 01:25 PM

This episode felt like Katie Cassidy's swan song on the series. I took it as a final goodbye to her various characters. Though the entire premise undercut all of Black Siren's character development this season to fit the plot in one episode.

stingo 04-21-19 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13536537)
This episode felt like Katie Cassidy's swan song on the series. I took it as a final goodbye to her various characters. Though the entire premise undercut all of Black Siren's character development this season to fit the plot in one episode.

Agreed. Maybe she has other jobs scheduled so this was their opportunity to resolve her arc, quickly though it was done. I actually liked her character at the end of the episode.

PhantomStranger 04-21-19 05:48 PM

She was a better character as Faux Laurel than the actual Laurel Lance. I still have no idea why they didn't just give sonic powers to the first Laurel from the start. It was a bizarre creative decision that added nothing to the character.

mwbmis 04-21-19 08:46 PM

While admittedly I no longer fully pay attention when I watch this, I still kind of felt like I had missed an episode during this entire hour. I think that was because of how rushed the Laurel story line was.

It's almost weird seeing Sara as a serious character again.

I would rather they keep this Laurel and get rid of Dinah Drake, but at this point I think I'm only still watching because it's ending early next year.

Eric F 04-22-19 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13537515)
She was a better character as Faux Laurel than the actual Laurel Lance. I still have no idea why they didn't just give sonic powers to the first Laurel from the start. It was a bizarre creative decision that added nothing to the character.

That was when they had their "no powers" policy. After The Flash all bets were off. They should have given Laurel 1 powers after the matter reactor explosion. Would have made sense.