DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E11) -- "Séance and Sensibility" -- 4/15/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/647383-dcs-legends-tomorrow-s4e11-s%E9ance-sensibility-4-15-19-a.html)

DJariya 04-15-19 09:34 PM

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E11) -- "Séance and Sensibility" -- 4/15/19

MONDAY, APRIL 15

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"Séance and Sensibility" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DS) (HDTV)

LOVE IS ALL AROUND - When Mona (Ramona Young) discovers that her favorite author, Jane Austen (guest star Jenna Rosenow), might be at the epicenter of a magical alert, Mona, Sara (Caity Lotz), Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Zari (Tala Ashe) find themselves in 1809. With Nate (Nick Zano) still dealing with family issues, Constantine (Matt Ryan) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) perform a séance and receive a message from the other world that rocks Constantine to his core. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) and Nora (Courtney Ford) are forced into close quarters. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Jackie Canino (#411). Original airdate 4/15/2019.

Read more:Listings - DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.comhttp://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20190328cw03/#ixzz5lDoumdZE

Episode 11 of 16

DWilson 04-16-19 06:16 AM

Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E11) -- "Séance and Sensibility" -- 4/15/19

This was just ghastly. I've got to seriously decide if I'm going to watch this series anymore.

dex14 04-16-19 06:33 AM

I’m dropping it. Just didn’t feel like watching the episodes after the break.

TGM 04-16-19 09:18 AM

I was a huge fan of this after its cheekier reboot in S2 but this has been unwatchable.

mwbmis 04-16-19 11:25 AM

Not to denigrate the actress because I'm sure she's doing what they want her to do, but as Mona's role on this show has gotten bigger the show itself has gotten exponentially worse. The problems aren't all her character, but also the creative avenues her character's involvement has led the show down.

cleaver 04-16-19 02:48 PM

I used to like all of the characters but Gary now I hate all the characters especially Gary since he brought in Mona

Eric F 04-16-19 07:40 PM

All the CW shows are garbage now. Too bad. :(

Koby 04-17-19 02:29 AM

Still haven't brought myself to watch S04E09 and the eps just are piling up. Suppose I'll just drop it now. Doesn't seem like these past several eps are worth it judging by the threads comments.

mugwump 04-17-19 06:58 AM

Damn, this was the last of the CW DC shows I was still watching but it's just too painful to sit through now. The season started off so well but has just tanked over the past few episodes and I don't see it getting better. Obvious budget cuts and disinterested show runners have finally torpedoed a cast that is still trying their hardest to pull off this superhero nonsense.

Eric F 04-17-19 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by mugwump (Post 13534872)
Damn, this was the last of the CW DC shows I was still watching but it's just too painful to sit through now. The season started off so well but has just tanked over the past few episodes and I don't see it getting better. Obvious budget cuts and disinterested show runners have finally torpedoed a cast that is still trying their hardest to pull off this superhero nonsense.

Dont worry about that, there really has been nothing resembling "super-heroics" this season.

ben12 04-17-19 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by cleaver (Post 13534587)
I used to like all of the characters but Gary now I hate all the characters especially Gary since he brought in Mona

This is probably not the show for you.

PhantomStranger 04-17-19 03:34 PM

It's almost mind-boggingly how quickly this show fell apart. Most of the network rumors have implied LOT wasn't coming back next season and now I see why.

At this point it's enough of a train wreck that there may be some entertainment value in the so-bad-it's-good territory.

Xiroteus 04-17-19 05:30 PM

I'm easy to entertain yet I can see how things are falling apart. Feels like no one is using any powers, costumes, feels like they did lose a lot of their budget.

DWilson 04-17-19 06:23 PM

I can see the problems of a limited budget, but my question is, -and only the producers can answer, -who exactly are they writing this show for right now? Who do they think is their audience for what they're churning out? Obviously, it's not the people on this board. But who?

Dscarpad 04-17-19 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13534159)
Episode 11 of 16

someone get Constantine off this and over to Swamp Thing where he belongs

robin2099 04-18-19 10:29 AM

I gave up on Flash this season because I couldn't stand Nora. I gave up on Arrow because I found it boring and couldn't stand the start of the season and the flash forwards. I dropped Black Lightening because it was just....there. But this has been the one I had the hardest time dropping this season but I just can't stand it anymore. Hell I would say season 1 was way better than this season. The Time Bureau stuff is god awful. Gary needs to die, Rose is completely worthless and annoying, and Ava only seems to exist because the Berlantiverse shows have a rule that they need to cram as many LBTQ characters as possible into their series and Sara always needs a girlfriend. Seriously, none of them bring anything to this show. They never wear their costumes anymore(seriously when was the last time they were all in costume? Season 2's Halloween episode?), and now they seemed to stop fixing the time stream and stopping Malus to just having a workplace comedy. Constantine is being misused. The core of Sarah, Mick and Ray are fine but everyone else needs help. I can't believe how much this show has fallen in such a short time.

Lifepawn 04-18-19 12:56 PM

I guess I'm done with the show as I haven't watched this episode and don't really want to. Season 2 was the Legends peak and I think Victor Garber, or maybe Firestorm in general, added something to the show they've never recaptured. Also, people disliked Wally but I'd be happy if they replaced every single Time Bureau character with just him. Constantine has been as pointless as every other addition and the only character left with an actual superpower never steels-up. I'd be sadder about it but I'd already dropped all the other CW-verse shows last year and now wish I'd saved my time and dropped this then too.

alfredog1976 04-18-19 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13534268)
This was just ghastly. I've got to seriously decide if I'm going to watch this series anymore.

"ghastly" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Same word I'd use to describe this episode. Just awful. Season 3 had so many bright spots. This season, though, has just fallen off a cliff.

The Antipodean 04-18-19 09:49 PM

They need to get rid of Mona and Gary ASAP. DC has a rich legacy of heroes and villains they could add to the cast, why not include some of them instead of these characters who feel like leftovers from lame ‘90s sitcoms? I feel like they’ve gone too far from the superhero stuff and the show is starting to suffer for it.

Eric F 04-18-19 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dscarpad (Post 13535406)

someone get Constantine off this and over to Swamp Thing where he belongs

That's not going to happen now. This show had pretty much killed Matt Ryan's chance of returning as Constantine in any shape or form.

PhantomStranger 04-18-19 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13535372)
I can see the problems of a limited budget, but my question is, -and only the producers can answer, -who exactly are they writing this show for right now? Who do they think is their audience for what they're churning out? Obviously, it's not the people on this board. But who?

While seasons two and three were watchable, the signs were there all along. It appears the LOT writers/producers are writing what they want to see on air, which is not what the audience wants from time-traveling superheroes.

I think bringing Maya back as a completely unrelated shapeshifter, with the actress's native British accent, was a disastrous creative decision that put this season behind the eightball from the very beginning.

If anyone noticed, putting two British characters on the show was complete pandering to UK audiences by the producers.

stingo 04-18-19 11:30 PM

I can't say that I hate the character or the actress, but for me whenever Mona's on screen the show seems to come to a screeching halt. To me, it seems her niche was an occasional character, not recurring one.

DWilson 04-19-19 04:25 PM

Each week TV Line has a feature asking random questions about this week's TV shows. One of their questions kind of explains who the audience for the show is these days

:…given how delightful this week’s episode was, can we get more girls-only missions? And a full-on musical episode, please?

DJariya 04-20-19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13536682)
Each week TV Line has a feature asking random questions about this week's TV shows. One of their questions kind of explains who the audience for the show is these days

:…given how delightful this week’s episode was, can we get more girls-only missions? And a full-on musical episode, please?

So LOT is not meant for the 47-67 demographic of DVD Talk? :lol:

PhantomStranger 04-20-19 08:55 PM

Any producer that panders to the vapid cesspool that is social media is a hack. If anything, Berlanti's superhero shows kept getting worse as they tried responding to fanbases on Tumblr and the like.