DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Deep Space Nine Documentary (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/647352-deep-space-nine-documentary.html)

PatD 04-12-19 04:42 PM

Deep Space Nine Documentary

So, they made a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine documentary. While technically coming to TV, it is *about* TV, so I hope it's okay to post it here. I'm going to go watch it. Here's the trailer:

dex14 04-12-19 04:53 PM

Re: Deep Space Nine Documentary

windom 09-22-19 12:55 AM

Since this is a recent DS9 thread, I'll just post this here.

Aron Eisenberg, who played Nog the Ferengi, has died.

PatD 09-22-19 10:49 AM

He was great on that show. He was able to make us empathize with a character that some would find repulsive. That's quite a talent.

Mike86 09-22-19 10:50 AM

I didn’t realize how old he was playing Nog I guess. I’ve been watching slowly from season one and I always felt like he was a young teenager or so in the first season. Fairly young to pass at fifty. RIP.

Trevor 09-22-19 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13611602)
I didn’t realize how old he was playing Nog I guess. I’ve been watching slowly from season one and I always felt like he was a young teenager or so in the first season. Fairly young to pass at fifty. RIP.

He had medical problems from birth, kidney issues with multiple transplants iirc.

Mike86 09-22-19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13611628)
He had medical problems from birth, kidney issues with multiple transplants iirc.

Yeah, I looked him up on Wikipedia last night to see how old he was and whatnot. It mentioned that the kidney transplants stunted his growth.

Traxan 09-22-19 03:38 PM

He had the best story arc of the series, and that's saying something considering what Sisko, Kira, Dax, Odo, and Bashir all went through. In seven seasons he went from juvenile reprobate to Star Fleet lieutenant. Amazing storytelling on RDM and company's part and great work on his part, especially his PTSD episode.

B5Erik 09-22-19 06:40 PM

Eisenberg was awesome as Nog. He really was an asset to the show. He handled the part perfectly.

Such a shame about his loss. I, too, thought he was younger, but 50 is still really young to go.

tanman 09-23-19 03:43 AM

What?! Oh no how sad. What an amazing job he did with what was at the beginning kind of a one off character. The episode It's Only a Paper Moon was great depiction of returning to life after war and the challenges that come with that. Just a great and more subtle episode from DS9.