Lucifer (now on Netflix) -- Season 4 Thread -- Premieres 5/8/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-19, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,805 Likes on 1,127 Posts
Lucifer (now on Netflix) -- Season 4 Thread -- Premieres 5/8/19

Yes!!!

Link Here

The streaming service has revealed its first look at Tom Ellis' resurrection as Lucifer Morningstar. In the teaser, he emerges from a pool with a glass of bourbon in all his muscled-out hedonism before the words "He is risen" appear onscreen. In addition to making everyone thirsty as hell, the teaser also reveals that the series will arrive on its new home on Wednesday, May 8.

In the new season, Lucifer will be grappling with the return of the "original sinner" Eve, and she may or may not be looking for revenge for all that Garden of Eden tricksy business from so long ago. Meanwhile, he will continue to deal with the fallout from Chloe (Lauren German) seeing his devil face.

Netflix rescued Lucifer from the afterlife after Fox canceled the series last spring, citing its declining audience.

Last edited by dex14; 04-11-19 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-10-19, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
re: Lucifer (now on Netflix) -- Season 4 Thread -- Premieres 5/8/19

"Shows only need 3 seasons."

"We're saving Lucifer."

Uh huh
Old 04-25-19, 09:03 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts
Re: Lucifer (now on Netflix) -- Season 4 Thread -- Premieres 5/8/19

<iframe width="600" height="338" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KRQb74Cr9N0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-25-19, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts

I gave up on the show after the very first episode after I saw it seemed like a buddy cop show where Lucifer bops around solving mysteries (nothing like the comic book at all). Has the show ever gone beyond that and become properly epic and biblical or not? Just wondering if I should bother trying it again.
Old 04-25-19, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by cultshock
I gave up on the show after the very first episode after I saw it seemed like a buddy cop show where Lucifer bops around solving mysteries (nothing like the comic book at all). Has the show ever gone beyond that and become properly epic and biblical or not? Just wondering if I should bother trying it again.

It's a great show. Funny, sexy, etc... But based on your post I'd honestly say don't bother.
Old 04-25-19, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Yeah, there are biblical elements, but it's not proper by any sense of the word. If you consider Lucifer hanging out in LA running a nightclub proper I guess..
Old 04-26-19, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a buddy cop show where Lucifer bops around solving mysteries (nothing like the comic book at all). Has the show ever gone beyond that and become properly epic and biblical or not? Just wondering if I should bother trying it again.
I don't know what "comic book" you're referring to, but this show isn't "properly epic and biblical."
I recommend you continue to skip it
Old 04-26-19, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This version of Lucifer spun-off from the comic book series Lucifer (DC Comics I believe), which itself was spun-off from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman.

I look forward to Season 4, I hope it serializes a bit more.

Last edited by RichC2; 04-26-19 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-26-19, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by melasnus
I don't know what "comic book" you're referring to, but this show isn't "properly epic and biblical."
I recommend you continue to skip it
Lucifer
Old 04-26-19, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
This version of Lucifer spun-off from the comic book series Lucifer (DC Comics I believe), which itself was spun-off from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman.
Correct, and yes DC. I loved Gaiman's interpretation of Lucifer and Hell in The Sandman. And based on what you folks are saying, I guess I'm still out as far as the show goes, unless I get really bored.
Old 04-28-19, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons of this show. Season 3, I've been struggling with, mostly because of the forced "Love story" between the main leads. I'm not buying that Chloe would have any feelings for Lucifer. I find him quite obnoxious and add to it that he's the literal devil. I also don't see much chemistry there. But I also think watching Supernatural for 15 years has burned me out on the whole angels and demons thing. I wish that show had cut down on it a few years ago, but diving into a similar show, even if it is more light-hearted, is tough to sit through. I'm not into the whole "Lucifer as an anti-hero" thing, either. It's a decent show and it has some very good episodes, but it aso has some stinkers. I'll continue to watch, if only because I like to complete something once I start it.
Old 05-08-19, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

This premieres today on Netflix.

I'm about 10-12 episodes away from finishing season 3. But, I'd love to hear from anyone who chooses to start on this right away without spoilers if it's darker or edgier than the FOX version.
Old 05-08-19, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm praying for a good story...and some nudity and cussin' in s4
Old 05-08-19, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I'm praying for a good story...and some nudity and cussin' in s4
Well, I mean, I hear you get a biblical story and Tom Ellis's ass.
Old 05-10-19, 12:16 PM
Banned

I’ve only watched the first episode so I’m not going to comment on it yet, other than to say it’s more of the same (which is a good thing).

That said, this season appears to be presented in 4K and Dolby Vision. The show itself is very grainy, much like a lot of other Netflix shows it doesn’t look to take advantage of 4K at all, looking worse than most properly mastered 1080p material. Also, whoever mastered it in DV made a lot of the scenes way too bright- it just doesn’t look right on my calibrated Vizio P65.

Lastly, the actor who plays Amenadiel looks quite ill. Does anyone know what’s going on with him?
Old 05-10-19, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So far, Tom's bare ass. Whatevs. But...I heard "shit"!!! I heard "shit". Anyway, It still feels like it's on Fox. It feels like they're going to commercial breaks when scenes end.
Old 05-10-19, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Really picks up by episode 4.
Old 05-11-19, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
I’ve only watched the first episode so I’m not going to comment on it yet, other than to say it’s more of the same (which is a good thing).

That said, this season appears to be presented in 4K and Dolby Vision. The show itself is very grainy, much like a lot of other Netflix shows it doesn’t look to take advantage of 4K at all, looking worse than most properly mastered 1080p material. Also, whoever mastered it in DV made a lot of the scenes way too bright- it just doesn’t look right on my calibrated Vizio P65.

Lastly, the actor who plays Amenadiel looks quite ill. Does anyone know what’s going on with him?
i just watched the premier too and thought something looked off with DV. There was one scene half way through that changed from overstatirated to dark. It’s like somebody forgot to turn on or apply DV. However, even if grainy, the opening scene in the club looked great in HDR.

Not sure with DB - maybe it’s he more full beard? Does look like he lost a bit of weight.

Originally Posted by RichC2
Really picks up by episode 4.
Nice. End of episode 1 definitely raises some questions. I really wonder if she’s having legit conversations or if there’s some sort of shadow organization. I’m not familiar with the comics, but if there was a plot
Spoiler:
where the church is aware Lucifer is on earth and is taking steps to kill him, that could be very interesting.

Old 05-11-19, 08:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superman07

i just watched the premier too and thought something looked off with DV. There was one scene half way through that changed from overstatirated to dark. It’s like somebody forgot to turn on or apply DV. However, even if grainy, the opening scene in the club looked great in HDR.

Not sure with DB - maybe it’s he more full beard? Does look like he lost a bit of weight.

Nice. End of episode 1 definitely raises some questions. I really wonder if she’s having legit conversations or if there’s some sort of shadow organization. I’m not familiar with the comics, but if there was a plot
Spoiler:
where the church is aware Lucifer is on earth and is taking steps to kill him, that could be very interesting.

I just watched an episode on my Sony 65XBR900E with my Shield. This is one of the only cases I've found where standard HDR10 on Netflix looks better than DV. Someone screwed up.
Old 05-11-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Aimee Garcia who play Ella is cute. The episode where she and Lucifer go to Las Vegas she wear a really short dress was pretty hot.
Old 05-11-19, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
Aimee Garcia who play Ella is cute. The episode where she and Lucifer go to Las Vegas she wear a really short dress was pretty hot.
Yup. Hard to believe she's 40.
Old 05-11-19, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Traxan
Yup. Hard to believe she's 40.
While watching last night I noticed how her age is finally starting to come thru due to the fine video of the NF broadcast....
Old 05-12-19, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm mildly ashamed at how much I laughed at his episode 5 pun.

Spoiler:

So this season has been more of the same, but with more interesting mini-arcs and, in general, a better flow than it's had in a long time. Considering how much time jumps between some of the episodes, you can kinda tell they originally planned this out as a much longer season - and it benefits greatly from being shorter.

The thing that really sells this show are the facial reactions of the women. Maze and Eve are particularly expressive.

Last edited by RichC2; 05-12-19 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-12-19, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MysterioMan007
I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons of this show. Season 3, I've been struggling with, mostly because of the forced "Love story" between the main leads. I'm not buying that Chloe would have any feelings for Lucifer.
Blame the Almighty. It's been pretty obvious from early on that (in the context of the series) He intended Chloe being involved with Lucifer.

Originally Posted by MysterioMan007
I find him quite obnoxious and add to it that he's the literal devil. I also don't see much chemistry there. ...
Opposites attract.
Old 05-12-19, 11:31 PM
Banned

Shortest season is the best season.

I laughed at that pun too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.