Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race Season 31 Premieres Wednesday April 17th at 9/8c

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-19, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race Season 31 Premieres Wednesday April 17th at 9/8c

Damn it, I hate Rachel and Elissa now. Can’t believe I chose them as my team.

I have no idea why they were offended with the other teams. Rachel and Elissa are the only ones talking and backstabbing. No other team is doing anything!
Old 05-30-19, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Damn it, I hate Rachel and Elissa now. Can’t believe I chose them as my team.

I have no idea why they were offended with the other teams. Rachel and Elissa are the only ones talking and backstabbing. No other team is doing anything!
The other teams were talking about u-turning Team Zen and Nicole and Victor, but Rachel handled it badly.
Old 05-30-19, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson
The other teams were talking about u-turning Team Zen and Nicole and Victor, but Rachel handled it badly.

o yea, I remember that now. I guess I forgot because of all the back and forth loud conversation at the pub (during the first 10 minutes). Couldn’t follow the conversation clearly. Yes, Rachel handled it poorly.
Old 05-30-19, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda wasn’t entirely focused at the beginning so how did Rachel handle it badly? All I remember was that they seemed to be helping Nicole and whatever his name is and it seemed like it turned into a fight for some reason.

I kinda like Rachel this season. I didn’t mind Nicole either until she and whatever his name is made it seem like that exchange somehow caused them to come in the last.

I loved that leg more than I’ve loved a leg of TAR in a very long time. I love Switzerland and there wasn’t anything the racers did that I didn’t really want to do myself.
Old 05-30-19, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I kinda wasn’t entirely focused at the beginning so how did Rachel handle it badly? All I remember was that they seemed to be helping Nicole and whatever his name is and it seemed like it turned into a fight for some reason.

I kinda like Rachel this season. I didn’t mind Nicole either until she and whatever his name is made it seem like that exchange somehow caused them to come in the last.

I loved that leg more than I’ve loved a leg of TAR in a very long time. I love Switzerland and there wasn’t anything the racers did that I didn’t really want to do myself.
Rachel said that they would tell Nic and Vic about the u-turn chat in order to get Nic and Vic to want to u-turn team fun. Rachel and Elissa already had an alliance with Nic and Vic, they were trying to play both sides and got called out on it instantly. At least that's how I saw it.
Old 05-30-19, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Really, it just comes down to personalities and reputations. Rachel likes tension and conflict and she was trying to use the information to help their game by pitting Nicole and Victor against "Team Fun" . Nicole hates confrontation (she was never very aggressive during "Big Brother") and she and Victor "know" Rachel and they didn't trust her. Rachel had useful information for them, but they didn't want it. Fine. But Rachel shouldn't have argued about it and caused the scene at the finish line, -that makes them look bad and will probably bite them in the next episode with the u-turn.
Old 06-05-19, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally I can stop rooting for Rachel and Elissa haha, got tired of Rachel’s whining.

“Can we read your clue?”

Team Fun is legit. Never argue, consistent, and smart gameplay. I hope they win.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 06-06-19 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-06-19, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

The public U Turn vote was an interesting twist. I’ve been getting tired of the sisters’ drama so don’t mind seeing them gone.

That crossbow challenge must’ve been a lot harder than it looked. That worked out well with so many teams there at the end directly competing knowing with the pit stop next the game was likely on the line.

Other teams are openly mentioned as the threats, but surely after 3 wins in a row everyone has to start taking Tyler and Korey very seriously now.
Old 06-06-19, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Didn't like Phil's announcement regarding non-elimination legs. I'd rather find out each week.
Old 06-07-19, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Didn't like Phil's announcement regarding non-elimination legs. I'd rather find out each week.
I like it. Now they know the stakes are high. And does not mean there is not a “continue racing” leg.
Old 06-07-19, 02:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did any one catch the name of the last pit stop? " the Grand Hotel" I think the same one from the 70's Deep Purple song where the
Rolling Stones were playing

Last edited by lvbob; 06-07-19 at 02:08 AM. Reason: add
Old 06-07-19, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Finally I can stop rooting for Rachel and Elissa haha, got tired of Rachel’s whining.

“Can we read your clue?”
I can't imagine any man wanting to be with her. Beyond annoying.

I liked the public vote on the U Turn.
Old 06-07-19, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Did anyone else catch Chris and Brett calling Rachel and Elissa the "O'Reilly" sisters?
Old 06-08-19, 07:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm guessing Rachel played nice at the Pit Stop because she's hoping the show will bring her back for a 4th time.
Old 06-08-19, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Based on what I knew about him from Survivor, I figured from the beginning that Chris had the skill sets to do really well on this. They just needed to survive some of the beginning learning curve legs (more difficult in a returnee season). Now, I think if they had given him a better partner he could actually win this race, but Bret will still be the death of them.
Old 06-08-19, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Now, I think if they had given him a better partner he could actually win this race, but Bret will still be the death of them.
More likely the death of Bret. I can almost hear his fellow officers yelling at their TVs for him to stop reminding the audience that he is a Boston cop.
Old 06-12-19, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
More likely the death of Bret. I can almost hear his fellow officers yelling at their TVs for him to stop reminding the audience that he is a Boston cop.
I wonder how many crimes have gone unsolved when Bret was the one searching for evidence?

Has anyone ever switched challenges three times at a single detour? Absolutely crazy ... they fully deserved to go home.

How many episodes are left? Survivor gets to do 2-hour finales but I don't remember if this show does. Other teams have to be seeing Tyler and Korey as a massive threat (having won 4 legs in row). Previews for next week show:
Spoiler:
a double U-turn. Though if Tyler and Korey get there first nobody can do anything to them. I like seeing double U-turns more than single. Gives both teams U-turned a fighting chance. That's the thing I like more about this game than Survivor: that you have much more of your fate (for winning) in your own hands.
Old 06-12-19, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
I wonder how many crimes have gone unsolved when Bret was the one searching for evidence?

Has anyone ever switched challenges three times at a single detour? Absolutely crazy ... they fully deserved to go home.

How many episodes are left? Survivor gets to do 2-hour finales but I don't remember if this show does. Other teams have to be seeing Tyler and Korey as a massive threat (having won 4 legs in row). Previews for next week show: [/SPOILER]
There are three episodes left. The show ends in two weeks with back-to-back episodes. It will follow the second episode of "Big Brother", which starts the night before.
Old 06-13-19, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good episode. Not sure how you spend two hours snorkeling and not find another coin though if you do a grid pattern search.
Old 06-14-19, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Nice to finally have a leg where they have to jockey for better flights.

I assume they have been putting them all on the same flights to cut costs.
Old 06-15-19, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Nice to finally have a leg where they have to jockey for better flights.

I assume they have been putting them all on the same flights to cut costs.
Totally agree. That used to be a big part of the race.

I suppose it saves a ton of production cost since when they are all on the same flight there is nothing to follow. The flying is most always at the very beginning of a leg so once they finish one leg they can set up shop in the next city and wait for them to get off the plane they are all on.
Old 06-16-19, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I thought you could see in the cab after the gnome debacle that old Colin was still in there, he just has a lot better control of him.
Old 06-20-19, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Team Fun is done I don't know if it's better to lose this way (making a clear mistake in not checking the eggs) than losing due to a fluke (like a bad cabbie). I suspect losing when you have no one else to blame is probably best.

I got a laugh at how the racers were creating chaos for everyone else in the canals. For as much as the editing for this show makes it seem like all the locals love it when the racers come to town, I have to think a number of them share the sentiments of the person who shouted "What is wrong with you people?!?"

I don't feel any strong rooting interests (either for or against anyone) going into the finale. Anyone can certainly win. At this point, the show is done with u turns, right?
Old 06-20-19, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

These last two legs have been great. Great leg design.
Old 06-20-19, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brainee
I don't feel any strong rooting interests (either for or against anyone) going into the finale.
Victor and Nicole for me, but I doubt they actually pull it off. Nicole will finally be too much for Victor to overcome at some point.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.