TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race Season 31 Premieres Wednesday April 17th at 9/8c

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-19, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race Season 31 Premieres Wednesday April 17th at 9/8c

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Glad to see Rupert gone quickly. I expect the picking off of the low hanging fruit to continue...look for Chris and Brett to keep the other teams comfy until the next mat elimination. Then the real race can begin.
Agreed. You have to be at least relatively young and in shape to have a realistic chance to win TAR. I like the Afghanimals, but I do feel like they are burning a lot of bridges unnecessarily. The "tricks" they've pulled on other teams will put an even bigger target on them, and they are doing it to teams they could beat anyway. I get that this time was for first place, but I think they would have won a foot race against Victor and Nicole without resorting to trickery.
Old 05-02-19, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

What made Chris and Brett think that a dance challenge was better for them than a fishing one?
Old 05-02-19, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

If I were on this leg on the Race, I would have owned the dance and karaoke challenge. I love that stuff. Other than that, I would totally bomb on the Amazing Race haha

I didn't like that each team had to wait their turn for the karaoke challenge. The dancing detour already had to "wait your turn" element. They could have used multiple karaoke rooms (at least two), which would allow one team to pass another without having to "wait their turn" in line.
Old 05-03-19, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
What made Chris and Brett think that a dance challenge was better for them than a fishing one?
That was idiotic. I figured they were doomed the second they made that choice.
Old 05-03-19, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a head-scratcher for sure.

Thoroughly impressed by "Team Fun." They knocked out both challenges on their first attempt. Curious as to how far ahead of the pack they were at the end of that episode.
Old 05-03-19, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I finally caught up with the season last night.

Chris and Brett doing the dance task was absolutely ridiculous. What made them think that 2 big and burly middle aged men like themselves could actually do that?

I've grown quite fond of "Team Fun" They seem to be really enjoying themselves and had a great attitude. And I'm really surprised how mellow Colin is now. Back when he was originally on the show, he was a total hot head.
Old 05-03-19, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My viewing of Amazing Race seasons has been spotty. But for regular viewers who watched the Afghanimals in their previous seasons ... were they always such dicks about "trickery"? A lot of viewers seem to like them from the past, but for this viewer who's seeing them for the first time they're making a terrible impression.
Old 05-03-19, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

My viewing of Amazing Race seasons has been spotty. But for regular viewers who watched the Afghanimals in their previous seasons ... were they always such dicks about "trickery"?
Yes but it came across as more playful and fun previously. This season they're not nearly as likable.

Old 05-04-19, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

They were entertaining guys because they have a great zest for life, but they were always a little too much with the other teams.
Old 05-08-19, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Whoa, that was a close one for my team, Rachel and Elissa. Haul ass and get to that mat!

I never saw Survivor when Corrine and Eliza were on it, but they are AWFUL. I mean truly awful people. Garbage.
Old 05-09-19, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Yes, Corrine and Eliza are nasty. Good riddance.
Old 05-09-19, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I never saw Survivor when Corrine and Eliza were on it, but they are AWFUL. I mean truly awful people. Garbage.
Believe it or not, they were much much worse on Survivor. Though Eliza was part of one of my all-time favorite scenes when she tries to play the worst-looking fake immunity idol ever:

The Irrigation challenge must've been more time-consuming than it looked ... Afghanimals got there first, seemed to do it as well as possible, and only left in 4th place. And other teams must've picked up on that since all but 2 did the Irritation part.
Old 05-09-19, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

The minute they chose the irrigation challenge I figured The Reilly Sisters were doomed. Corinne and Eliza must have made an impression on the production, -I don't recall them focusing on anyone after the race like that and showing them in such an unflattering light.
Old 05-09-19, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Yes, Corrine and Eliza are nasty. Good riddance.
Awful bitches. Reilly girls aren't amazing but talk about misplaced anger. Elissa seems harmless enough.
Old 05-10-19, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

@ Corrine thinking they will get invited to parties for them to snub.
Old 05-10-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

That was some good cattiness at the end.
Old 05-10-19, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That was a very petty way to go out. I loved the threat of "not following and block them on social media" mwahahah.
Old 05-10-19, 11:47 AM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

That was some amazing television!

I was wondering where things were headed when the end of the episode began deviating from their usual formula after Phil tells a team they were eliminated.

Then my eyes were riveted to the screen by the total social meltdown between these four women. The episode did a great job setting things up starting with the taxi cab mixup and empty threats about beating them in the long run by simply 'winning the race'. The we got to see the complete failure of both teams to accomplish relatively simple tasks including Eliza crying over the the size of her scooter and Rachel willing to throw her hands up after finishing 98% of the task because she didn't want to wait for water to fill a bucket.

Amazing Race never fails to deliver! It's a pity more people don't watch this excellent show. Here's hoping Colin finally explodes into a rage again and loses that yoga-dad facade before the season ends!
Old 05-11-19, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That was some good cattiness at the end.
I love that fact that Corinne and Eliza saw what their role on the show was going to be so they leaned into it. For the record, they didn't stop following the Reilly sisters and are friends with them.
Old 05-17-19, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

I'm just now getting caught up, but at CBS's Upfront The Amazing Race was renewed for another midseason premiere. I wish the show was on twice a year, but I'll take whatever I can get. Once a year is more than fine. Also, it appears that the new season that will be debuting next year has already finished shooting. https://www.goldderby.com/article/20...-cbs-schedule/
Old 05-17-19, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Yeah, it wasn't really much of a renewal since they already shot the next season. The real news will be if they order another season after that one.
Old 05-17-19, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Yeah, it wasn't really much of a renewal since they already shot the next season. The real news will be if they order another season after that one.
They've been one-to-two seasons ahead for the last several years. Smart scheduling helps, -the show did badly when they put in on last on Thursday, and immediately improved the next season when it went to it's usual early Wednesday slot.

Last edited by DWilson; 05-17-19 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-17-19, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
That was some amazing television!

I was wondering where things were headed when the end of the episode began deviating from their usual formula after Phil tells a team they were eliminated.

Then my eyes were riveted to the screen by the total social meltdown between these four women. The episode did a great job setting things up starting with the taxi cab mixup and empty threats about beating them in the long run by simply 'winning the race'. The we got to see the complete failure of both teams to accomplish relatively simple tasks including Eliza crying over the the size of her scooter and Rachel willing to throw her hands up after finishing 98% of the task because she didn't want to wait for water to fill a bucket.

Amazing Race never fails to deliver! It's a pity more people don't watch this excellent show. Here's hoping Colin finally explodes into a rage again and loses that yoga-dad facade before the season ends!
They have already showed Colin’s broken ox scene so if he was going to blow up again, I think they would have saved it.
Old 05-23-19, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was a mean fake-out with the skyscraper. Everyone went there expecting an amazing thrill ride and then they had to do a memory challenge

I’m OK with the idea of head to head challenges (as long as they’re not common). But that one didn’t seem well thought out from a production angle. It wasn’t easy to follow as a viewer, with us needing to listen to Phil’s play by play and look at those colored box graphics. And it played out so every team that tried it once smoked the next team coming in (doing it for the first time).
Old 05-23-19, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn Rachel and Elissa very indecisive and careless. Can’t count steps, switching tasks before trying them. Horrible. I regret choosing them at the beginning. But I have to stick with them haha

I like the H2H challenges though. Keeps hope alive.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.