TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supergirl (S4E16) -- "The House of L" -- 3/24/19

Old 03-24-19, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Supergirl (S4E16) -- "The House of L" -- 3/24/19

SUNDAY, MARCH 24

SUPERGIRL

"The House of L" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

LEX LUTHOR CONTINUES TO WREAK HAVOC - In the wake of Lex Luthor's (guest star Jon Cryer) return, the show flashes back to what he's been doing for the last two years and how his secret machinations and plans have affected Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Lena (Katie McGrath). Carl Seaton directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & Eric Carrasco (#416). Original airdate 3/24/2019.

Old 03-25-19, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Supergirl (S4E16) -- "The House of L" -- 3/24/19

These Lex episodes have been very good.
Old 03-25-19, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It hit me halfway through that Lex is the same actor from 2 and a Half Men. That’s a hell of a transition. He’s great in the role, though. “Next time don’t flinch.”

Old 03-25-19, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
These Lex episodes have been very good.
One reason is they've forgotten the whole political agenda push for these episodes, which has helped greatly since these episodes are actually focused on being entertaining.

I gotta admit I like Cryer in the role a lot better than I expected to.
Old 03-25-19, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo View Post
It hit me halfway through that Lex is the same actor from 2 and a Half Men. That’s a hell of a transition. He’s great in the role, though. “Next time don’t flinch.”

Old 03-25-19, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I need a little more on how Miss Tessmacher was able to commandeer that battleship.

The only issue I have with Luther being on this show is that they are repurposing all his Superman stuff onto Supergirl.

I missed most of this season because Directv dropped the CW so I have no idea who this Russian Superfirl is and how she knows about Luthor.
Old 03-26-19, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by whotony View Post

I missed most of this season because Directv dropped the CW so I have no idea who this Russian Superfirl is and how she knows about Luthor.
Pretty much everything about the origin of the Russian Supergirl is explained in the "Previously" and in the course of the episode. Everything about Luthor's relationship with the girl is what you see in this episode. Up to this point she's been a minor character with maybe four-five minutes total screen-time across the season. It was getting to the point she seemed like a forgotten character
Old 03-26-19, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo View Post

And he's Ducky from Pretty in Pink too.
Old 03-26-19, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
Pretty much everything about the origin of the Russian Supergirl is explained in the "Previously" and in the course of the episode. Everything about Luthor's relationship with the girl is what you see in this episode. Up to this point she's been a minor character with maybe four-five minutes total screen-time across the season. It was getting to the point she seemed like a forgotten character
So she just literally dropped out of the sky in Russia and that’s the explaination of where she came from?
Old 03-26-19, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by whotony View Post

So she just literally dropped out of the sky in Russia and that’s the explaination of where she came from?
It's an off-shoot of something that happened at the end of last season's finale (it's mentioned in the current episode). An essence split off from Kara and ended up in Russia as an alternate Kara. I'm sure someone else can explain it better than I.
Old 03-26-19, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

All of a sudden Miss Tessmacher was lookin' hot to me, especially in the elevator with Russian Kara.

Melissa does a very believable Russian

Watching Cryer/Lex manipulate EVERYONE.
Old 03-26-19, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
All of a sudden Miss Tessmacher was lookin' hot to me, especially in the elevator with Russian Kara.

:
Would you say that it is common for you to find a woman more attractive the more she reveals her wicked nature?
Old 03-26-19, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Cryer/Lex has been a great addition these last few weeks. Now they seem to be heading into more of a comic book type storytelling.

and yes Miss Tessmacher has become more noticeable now that she's displayed a more evil side as opposed to the forgettable assistant.
Old 03-26-19, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

These last 2 eps have been the best of the series. Cryer is my new favorite Lex. He killed everyone in the court house! And the power suit! Loved how he has been behind the scenes of everything this season. This has been my favorite DC CW show this season.
Old 03-27-19, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
Would you say that it is common for you to find a woman more attractive the more she reveals her wicked nature?
Interesting question. I do think her low cut tight dress in the elevator scene helped....
Old 03-27-19, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lex should have made Kara's doppelganger his girlfriend...
Old 03-28-19, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
It's an off-shoot of something that happened at the end of last season's finale (it's mentioned in the current episode). An essence split off from Kara and ended up in Russia as an alternate Kara. I'm sure someone else can explain it better than I.
I think they mentioned it in the episode that the haronel/black kryptonite? (spelling?) caused the split that created alt-Kara. From superman.fandom.com's wiki:

Black Kryptonite is a Varietal of Kryptonite, made by heating Green Kryptonite to extreme temperatures. It can split Kryptonians into two separate beings, made up of that person's good side and his or her evil side.
Lex should have made Kara's doppelganger his girlfriend...
I seem to remember in one of the older comics, Supergirl (when she was a shapeshifting alien) was his girlfriend.
Old 03-29-19, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, the alien Supergirl from the 1990s that wasn't Superman's cousin, but looked exactly like Kara, dated Alexander Luthor. That storyline raised eyebrows even back then. Her backstory was even more convoluted than I made it sound.
Old 03-29-19, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, the alien Supergirl from the 1990s that wasn't Superman's cousin, but looked exactly like Kara, dated Alexander Luthor. That storyline raised eyebrows even back then. Her backstory was even more convoluted than I made it sound.
I cringed at some parts with the way she was written. That would never fly in this day and age, and good riddance.