TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone have Spectrum Gold package?

Old 03-21-19, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone have Spectrum Gold package?

Last month they pulled the plug on Epix and Cinemax and if you wanted to continue having them then you would need too pay 15 dollars for each service. They were going to drop Starz and Starz Encore(one or the other or both but I suffer from memory loss)but too many people complained and they decided too keep them.

Anyways I checked Spectrum Streaming(everyone w/Spectrum Gold also has their channels available for streaming ) and I noticed in the On-Demand section that Epix was indeed removed however it looks like Cinemax has remained. I checked my cable channels and on-demand and Cinemax was pulled.

Does everyone else with Spectrum Gold have Cinemax On-demand still available on their streaming channels or did they just forgot too pull mine?
Old 03-21-19, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Anyone have Spectrum Gold package?

I did the 7 day trial for Spectrum Streaming app on Roku. I don't have cable and wanted to see the R Kelly special.

They let me choose some channels in addition to the basic ones what come with it and said I could change them again before i lock things in. At that point those are the channels I would have. I didn't like that. It would have been cooler if I could swap out channels as i see fit. Any way,it wasn't bad. But they wanted $25 extra on my internet bill for it. fuck that.
Old 03-21-19, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Having my entire channel line-up also available as streaming is probably the only reason I keep cable.

Plus the on-demand is 100 times better than the cable on-demand which really has almost disappeared and has become pointless.
Old 03-21-19, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don’t know what you’re complaining about and what good it is complaining to this forum. What are you hoping to get out of this? Find a package that suits your needs and get it. Better yet, contact Spectrum and express to them your frustrations and see what they can do for you. Just my two cents.
Old 03-21-19, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I asked if everyone had Cinemax pulled from their streaming because for some reason I still have it. That's not complaining.
Old 03-21-19, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I donít know what youíre complaining about and what good it is complaining to this forum. What are you hoping to get out of this? Find a package that suits your needs and get it. Better yet, contact Spectrum and express to them your frustrations and see what they can do for you. Just my two cents.

Yikes.

Out of character.
Old 03-22-19, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I noticed this a few weeks back and thought it was some kind of temporary problem. I called Charter and the CSR told me that, "unfortunately", TPTB had decided to drop Cinemax and Epix, but I could get both for free for a year (and I would be charged for a higher-priced package (I assume) after that. "Then you actually didn't drop them", I told him, "you're just putting off charging me for them". I then decided to go to a lower-priced package with fewer channels. The Cinemax channels and Epix were not available for free. I'll access them through Amazon when there's enough stuff built up to make it worth my while.

Last edited by DWilson; 03-22-19 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-22-19, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just checked Cinemax(Charter streaming) and they only had 174 movie choices. That's a drop in the ocean compared to everyone else. Epix advertises 1000's of movies(I don't know about that). It's hard to keep track what they have. I just got Epix back (Roku Channel) and it finally showed up for the first time on my Roku TVs the other day.
Old 03-22-19, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
I just checked Cinemax(Charter streaming) and they only had 174 movie choices. That's a drop in the ocean compared to everyone else. Epix advertises 1000's of movies(I don't know about that). It's hard to keep track what they have. I just got Epix back (Roku Channel) and it finally showed up for the first time on my Roku TVs the other day.
What i'm finding on a lot of these apps and channels that boast "1000's of films" is 95% of them are low budget shit. And I mean truly just above home made films.
Old 03-22-19, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I donít know what youíre complaining about and what good it is complaining to this forum. What are you hoping to get out of this? Find a package that suits your needs and get it. Better yet, contact Spectrum and express to them your frustrations and see what they can do for you. Just my two cents.

Damn dude...
Old 03-22-19, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
What i'm finding on a lot of these apps and channels that boast "1000's of films" is 95% of them are low budget shit. And I mean truly just above home made films.
Are you talking about Amazon Prime.

Even Detroit and Cleveland's very own The Ghoul(1970s iconic bad sci/horror movie host) would decline most movies shown on Amazon Prime for his show.

I watched a movie on Epix (Roku Channel), The Body Beneath and if they paid more than 50 cents for it then they overpaid.

Last edited by dvd-4-life; 03-22-19 at 02:34 PM.