DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Fix (ABC) -- S: Robin Tunney, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje -- premieres 3/18/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/647112-fix-abc-s-robin-tunney-adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje-premieres-3-18-19-a.html)

dex14 03-18-19 07:04 AM

The Fix (ABC) -- S: Robin Tunney, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje -- premieres 3/18/19

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...826581bca8.jpg

<iframe width="706" height="397" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zw2-9AzoxW8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SERIES PREMIERE

DISTRICT ATTORNEY MAYA TRAVIS RETURNS TO LOS ANGELES FOR ANOTHER CHANCE AT JUSTICE AFTER MOVIE STAR SEVVY JOHNSON IS SUSPECTED FOR ANOTHER MURDER EIGHT YEARS LATER, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF ABC'S 'THE FIX,' MONDAY, MARCH 18

"Pilot" - L.A. district attorney Maya Travis suffers a devastating defeat after prosecuting an A-list movie star for double murder. With her high-profile career derailed, she flees for a quieter life in rural Washington. Eight years later, when this same star is under suspicion for another murder, Maya is lured back to the DA's office for another chance at justice on the series premiere of "The Fix," MONDAY, MARCH 18 (8:00-9:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

"The Fix" stars Robin Tunney as Maya Travis, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Severen "Sevvy" Johnson, Scott Cohen as Ezra Wolf, Adam Rayner as Matthew Collier, Merrin Dungey as CJ Emerson, Breckin Meyer as Alan Wiest, Marc Blucas as River "Riv" Allgood, Mouzam Makkar as Loni Kampoor and Alex Saxon as Gabe Johnson.

Guest starring is Robin Givens as Julianne Johnson, Daniella Alonso as Effy, Christopher Curry as John Meyer, Chasten Harmon as Star Johnson, Robbie Jones as Detective Vincent North, Taylor Kalupa as Jessica Meyer, Julian Acosta as Detective Diego Ramon and Abraham Lim as Ares Ahn.

"Pilot" was written by Marcia Clark, Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain, and directed by Larysa Kondracki.

"The Fix" is executive produced/co-written by Marcia Clark, Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain. Michael Katleman is an executive producer along with Laurie Zaks, David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman from Mandeville TV. "The Fix" is produced by ABC Studios.

TheMovieman 03-18-19 12:43 PM

Re: The Fix (ABC) -- S: Robin Tunney, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje -- premieres 3/18/19

I like Robin Tunney so I might DVR it.

WCChiCubsFan 03-18-19 04:52 PM

Re: The Fix (ABC) -- S: Robin Tunney, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje -- premieres 3/18/19

I like Robin Tunney but I have no interest in watching Marcia Clark's revenge fantasy. Only in America can you fail on the biggest stage of all and come away a multi millionaire.

DJariya 03-18-19 05:02 PM

Oh wow...I have seen the promos for this and I like both actors, but it didn't hit me that was seems to be loosely based on the OJ Simpson case and Marcia Clark co-wrote it.

fujishig 03-18-19 05:14 PM

Hmm... to watch this alternate reality OJ revenge story or the movie being made about "what if OJ was setup." Or maybe none. Yeah, I'll go with that option.

Noonan 05-10-19 07:03 AM

I'm probably the only one watching this but it was great to see Ronnie from Shield the other night! Looks like he may be around the rest of the season.

Noonan 05-22-19 07:01 AM

Well, it's over. For those wondering spoilers below. It honestly wasn't as bad as it would seem. Decent actors kept it from being complete trash.

Spoiler:
He didn't do the new crime but did do the original that he got off for. Son killed the new girlfriend and he took the fall for him when he found out. So he's in jail; justice! Even though it's for a crime he didn't do. lol

DWilson 05-22-19 07:20 AM

I've had this sitting on the DVR. The cancellation made me less likely to watch it.

Noonan 05-22-19 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13554009)
I've had this sitting on the DVR. The cancellation made me less likely to watch it.

Assuming you didn't read my spoilers already, it's a self-contained season. There's no cliffhanger or setup for a 2nd season. You can watch this as-is; it's a complete story.

barelypure 05-22-19 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13554004)
Well, it's over. For those wondering spoilers below. It honestly wasn't as bad as it would seem. Decent actors kept it from being complete trash.

Spoiler:
He didn't do the new crime but did do the original that he got off for. Son killed the new girlfriend and he took the fall for him when he found out. So he's in jail; justice! Even though it's for a crime he didn't do. lol

You had to like how Tunney gave the press conference where she stepped around him being guilty of the new girlfriend's murder but that justice was served. Maybe they can come up with a new story for her to do a 10 show telling. This is a lot like Bosch, which I like a lot, self contained tho Bosch does refer a little back to past seasons but not where you'd have to know what they were.