Orphan Black: Echoes (AMC) - spin-off series - premieres 6/23/24

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Orphan Black: Echoes (AMC) - spin-off series - premieres 6/23/24

Old 06-23-24, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 658 Posts
re: Orphan Black: Echoes (AMC) - spin-off series - premieres 6/23/24

Originally Posted by Draven
Side note - I still think the original show proves that Tatiana Maslany is one of the best actors of all time. What she did on that show was nothing short of incredible.
While she was amazing in it, I can't give anyone a "one of the best anything" for just one series/movie.

The spin-off is again filmed in Toronto and other parts of Ontario, but is it also set there like the original was?

And I agree that the original was very convoluted and Maslany's performance was the main thing keeping me from giving up (that and needing closure).
One thing that really annoyed me with the original was that there was music/sound-effects played throughout every single second of the show. Totally unnecessary and frustrating to have to listen to all the time.
Old 06-24-24, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 348 Likes on 259 Posts

Episode 1 was a mixed bag. The first half-hour was really rough...I dare say pretty awful. The last 15 minutes though were intriguing, as they started to set up their premise for the season AND show us how it ties in to the original show. I should note however that the tone here is quite serious, so those (including myself) who were hoping for a return of the humor the first series had (particularly at the beginning) won't find it here (at least not yet).

Because of the last act of the first episode, I'll be tuning in for at least one or two more...although it's still on a short leash with me.
Old 06-26-24, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 425 Likes on 300 Posts

I like the trailer and may give it a go if I can find it on one of the steamers I already have, its so convoluted these days whats on Hulu / Max, etc. I don't think AMC is part of one of my packages.
Old 06-26-24, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 901 Likes on 760 Posts

Ritter has aged since I last saw her in anything. I saw enough to keep going but this is a premise which can easily slide off the rails quickly.
Old 06-26-24, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,912 Likes on 2,792 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcamb
I like the trailer and may give it a go if I can find it on one of the steamers I already have, its so convoluted these days whats on Hulu / Max, etc. I don't think AMC is part of one of my packages.
AMC is on most basic cable/basic live TV streaming plans.

This show is also on AMC+ (the paid streaming service for AMC)

FYI, I know for you and many finding programs is a massive headache since it's fractured. But, this website is an excellent resource

https://www.justwatch.com/us

Tells you where to find practically any TV show or movie and if it's on a subscription VOD service or a paid VOD service.

I understand your frustrations, keeping up with all the new shows and movies is practically impossible these days unless you make it a "job"
Old 06-27-24, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 425 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
AMC is on most basic cable/basic live TV streaming plans.

This show is also on AMC+ (the paid streaming service for AMC)

FYI, I know for you and many finding programs is a massive headache since it's fractured. But, this website is an excellent resource

https://www.justwatch.com/us

Tells you where to find practically any TV show or movie and if it's on a subscription VOD service or a paid VOD service.

I understand your frustrations, keeping up with all the new shows and movies is practically impossible these days unless you make it a "job"
We cut the cord over a year ago and are not huge TV watchers we went from April last year to September without setting our TV up in the new house. Over the winter we got back into the bad habit of watching TV. I normally look at IMDB to find what platform carries a movie but this sounds like it will help with shows. Thanks!
Old 07-07-24, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 204 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Episode 1 was a mixed bag. The first half-hour was really rough...I dare say pretty awful. The last 15 minutes though were intriguing, as they started to set up their premise for the season AND show us how it ties in to the original show. I should note however that the tone here is quite serious, so those (including myself) who were hoping for a return of the humor the first series had (particularly at the beginning) won't find it here (at least not yet).

Because of the last act of the first episode, I'll be tuning in for at least one or two more...although it's still on a short leash with me.
Watched the first two episodes today. I loved the original and love Ritter but this was less than compelling. They definitely arenít going for a retread. If not for the last bit of the first episode Iíd have put it on the back burner. It might still go there if the third episode doesnít catch me.