DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Orville (S2E10) -- "Blood of Patriots" -- 3/7/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/647013-orville-s2e10-blood-patriots-3-7-19-a.html)

DJariya 03-08-19 12:48 AM

The Orville (S2E10) -- "Blood of Patriots" -- 3/7/19

THURSDAY, MARCH 7

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Audio descriptions (AD) for tonight's episodes of GOTHAM and THE ORVILLE are available on the SAP Audio Channel.]

--"THE ORVILLE" - (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

TUNE IN TO AN ALL-NEW "THE ORVILLE" THURSDAY, MARCH 7, ON FOX

Don't miss the all-new "Blood of Patriots" episode of THE ORVILLE airing Thursday, March 7 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (ORV-209) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Seth MacFarlane as Captain Ed Mercer; Adrianne Palicki as Commander Kelly Grayson; Penny Johnson Jerald as Dr. Claire Finn; Scott Grimes as Lieutenant Gordon Malloy; Peter Macon as Lieutenant Commander Bortus; Jessica Szohr as Talla; J Lee as Lieutenant John Lamarr; Mark Jackson as Isaac; Chad L. Coleman as Klyden

Read more:Listings - ORVILLE, THE on FOX | TheFutonCritic.comhttp://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20190215fox25/#ixzz5hYoI3iaB

windom 03-08-19 11:44 AM

Re: The Orville (S2E10) -- "Blood of Patriots" -- 3/7/19

Did they skip the episode where Mercer visits his brother's winery in France?

RichC2 03-08-19 11:51 AM

What's with the episode descriptions lately. Even on Hulu they're just "Join the Orville on a new Adventure!"

General Zod 03-08-19 04:34 PM

I'm wondering exactly how this exchange went..

Mercer: Hey you remember that guy you were wanting back that killed a bunch of your people and I was trying to avoid giving back to you? Yeah he stole a shuttle and blew himself up, No really. So anyhow, now that that's all behind us, why don't you come sign this peace thingee we talked about?
Krill: Sweet. On our way!

Has Talla made it through an episode yet without being shot?

windom 03-08-19 04:46 PM

Maybe Gordon turned on some cameras in the shuttle and the footage was uploaded to the Orville before the explosion?

Bill Needle 03-08-19 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 13513168)

Mercer: Hey you remember that guy you were wanting back that killed a bunch of your people and I was trying to avoid giving back to you? Yeah he stole a shuttle and blew himself up, No really. So anyhow, now that that's all behind us, why don't you come sign this peace thingee we talked about?

The drama face of the show is unbelievably hokey. While they have some good story ideas (probably since most if not all have been lifted from other shows) the plots themselves are a total mess and make little logical sense. And worst of all the dialogue is especially bad. Every time a character gets all serious you know the next lines are going to be cringe-worthy. I really only watch waiting for the humor, which seems to have become less and less of a priority as episodes roll by. I don't think I'll be around much longer if this keeps up because as a 'serious' show this is pretty awful.

Eric F 03-08-19 07:33 PM

A lot of this episode didn't make sense to me. They gave Yafet a medal yet there was absolutely no fallout with Isaac from his turning on the crew. They should have shown the crew ignoring him, or making snide comments, or anything. Just to have everything on the ship as normal after a lot of crew members were killed seems strange. What about the kids? Why didn't Ty get a medal? What about their relationship with Isaac?

As for the story, well, it was OK, although as Gen Zod pointed out there were a ton of plotholes.

Did like the conversation between the two on the engineering crew about casual day. :lol:

Dscarpad 03-08-19 10:14 PM

Yeah I can’t get the anti discovery crowd they love this show because it’s such warmed over trek, I may not agree with everything on discovery but at least it’s different, I know I saw a plot similar to this on one of the treks which episode was it I can’t remember

MLBFan24 03-09-19 12:32 AM

Excellent episode, nice story progression. Lt. Talla is growing on me.

Talla delaying the Krill was the best comedy this season. And more of what this show should be.

melasnus 03-09-19 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 13513168)

Yeah, pretty lame.
OTOH, it wasn't any different from a million other episodes from the ST Universe.

It's a cheap way of getting her out of the action where the problem can be solved with her super-strength. -rolleyes-

digidoh 03-09-19 07:57 AM

SPOILER ALERT! If you don't know the twist or haven't seen Planet of the Apes (1968; y'know, the good one), see that before you watch this episode.

Also, even in the 25th century, there's still an aversion to watching movies OAR.

Eric F 03-09-19 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by digidoh (Post 13513377)
SPOILER ALERT! If you don't know the twist or haven't seen Planet of the Apes (1968; y'know, the good one), see that before you watch this episode.

Also, even in the 25th century, there's still an aversion to watching movies OAR.

I think if you haven't seen a classic movie released in 1968 by now you're SOL. :lol:

General Zod 03-09-19 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=melasnus;13513328]Yeah, pretty lame.
OTOH, it wasn't any different from a million other episodes from the ST Universe./QUOTE]
I know I'm just having fun with it. I love the show.. don't get me wrong.

About the drama vs. comedy element.. I like how Seth put it during an interview about it "It's a drama with comedy added as garnish".

melasnus 03-09-19 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 13513442)
I think if you haven't seen a classic movie released in 1968 by now you're SOL. :lol:

Damn Dirty Apes!
http://i.imgur.com/A9DsJn5.gif

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 13513578)

About the drama vs. comedy element.. I like how Seth put it during an interview about it "It's a drama with comedy added as garnish".

I wish it was the other way around. :sad:

SmithsGuy 03-10-19 01:11 PM

So her blood explodes in contact w Nitrogen? ... Ship's atmosphere is what 70%+ ... ?

Jason 03-10-19 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 13512989)
Did they skip the episode where Mercer visits his brother's winery in France?

Really? Are his brother's kids going to die in a fire there too?

You know, they don't have to rip off every single element of TNG.

dhmac 03-19-19 08:15 PM

Egotastic Funtime episode review (belated because JP's been sick)