DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrow (S7E14) -- "Brothers and Sisters" -- 3/4/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/646985-arrow-s7e14-brothers-sisters-3-4-19-a.html)

DJariya 03-04-19 07:41 PM

Arrow (S7E14) -- "Brothers and Sisters" -- 3/4/19

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...465a2e7ffd.jpg

MONDAY, MARCH 4

ARROW

"Brothers & Sisters" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

DIGGLE AND LYLA DEPLOY THE GHOST INITIATIVE - After months of covertly pursuing Dante, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) finally have a solid lead on the elusive terrorist, so they deploy the ARGUS Ghost Initiative to apprehend him. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) tries to bond with Emiko (Sea Shimooka). Marcus Stokes directed the episode written by Rebecca Bellotto & Jeane Wong (#714). Original airdate 3/4/2019.

randian 03-05-19 01:06 AM

Re: Arrow (S7E14) -- "Brothers and Sisters" -- 3/4/19

Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod! Wow, I haven’t seen Adrian Paul in anything in ages.

I also now wonder if Emiko really is related to Oliver.

PhantomStranger 03-05-19 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 13510759)
Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod! Wow, I haven’t seen Adrian Paul in anything in ages.

I also now wonder if Emiko really is related to Oliver.

I had it on as background television when I immediately recognized the Highlander on screen. I'm amazed we haven't gotten another Highlander sequel lately.

The make-up and wardrobe people on Arrow aren't doing Katherine McNamara any favors. It's amazing how much better she looks as star of Shadowhunters than her appearances on Arrow.

DJariya 03-06-19 05:08 PM

Season 8 is officially the final season. https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/arr...cw-1203156254/

The final season will be a shortened 10 episode season.

now you all who say you bailed will be coming back ;)

dex14 03-06-19 05:19 PM

10 episodes is nice.

The Valeyard 03-06-19 05:47 PM

Wonder when the Crisis will hit next season and how many Arrow episodes will continue after it's done.

dex14 03-06-19 06:06 PM

I'd guess premiere 10/5 or 10/12/19 and air seven episodes, crossover will be episode 8, then two more episodes and it'll be over by the end of the year holiday break.

Giantrobo 03-06-19 06:16 PM

Wait, so with that info does that mean that now I SHOULD believe "Clickbait" sites? I'm confused..,

windom 03-06-19 06:20 PM

So Batwoman is probably definitely going to make it onto the schedule. It hasn't been officially picked up yet, right?

Batwoman could start in mid-season as Arrow's effective replacement.

PhantomStranger 03-07-19 04:23 PM

Amell's departure was more or less known since last summer. The only thing up in the air was whether the CW would bring Arrow back without him. Every rumor I've heard says Ollie isn't killed off in Crisis, but merely retires so Amell can come back for future guest stints on Flash and the like.

There are credible whispers floating around that Supergirl also ends during Crisis and the Flash cast undergoes major changes next year. I wonder what Felicity will be doing once Arrow ends...

Eric F 03-09-19 07:54 PM

Notice how no one is discussing the actual episode? That's pretty telling.

At this point in the show I don't really care what's going on. I'm this far in so I might as well see it to the end, but I'm just not invested in any of the characters anymore.

Look how they killed off Diaz, they just offed him while he was in prison. Also, why is every villain they encounter a freakin' ninja?

The future stuff? Who gives a rats ass? Seriously. Just a way of filling up screen time without having to have the main stars of the show on-screen.

windom 03-09-19 10:10 PM

Are we sure Diaz is dead? I may have missed the preview for next week if they showed it there.

PhantomStranger 03-10-19 03:24 PM

The announcement the show is ending next year doesn't really get me more interested in watching this season, but I'll probably swing back around for this season's final episodes and try to watch the abbreviated 8th season.

It feels like the end of an era. Arrow's success lead to an explosion of superheroes on television and now cable.

Eric F 03-10-19 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13513849)
The announcement the show is ending next year doesn't really get me more interested in watching this season, but I'll probably swing back around for this season's final episodes and try to watch the abbreviated 8th season.

It feels like the end of an era. Arrow's success lead to an explosion of superheroes on television and now cable.

Probably more of a combination of Arrow and The Flash spin-off.

Funny how Smallville was on for a decade yet didn't spawn any imitators- probably because of it's "no tights" policy.

PhantomStranger 03-11-19 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 13513880)
Probably more of a combination of Arrow and The Flash spin-off.

Funny how Smallville was on for a decade yet didn't spawn any imitators- probably because of it's "no tights" policy.

Two movies really changed the game for superheroes in Hollywood - Iron Man and The Dark Knight. Their massive financial success got the ball rolling. I think it was only a matter of time then before superheroes would invade the small screen. A relatively straight take on The Flash became a smash success from the beginning, which unleashed DC going hog wild with tv.

Eric F 03-12-19 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13512496)
Amell's departure was more or less known since last summer. The only thing up in the air was whether the CW would bring Arrow back without him. Every rumor I've heard says Ollie isn't killed off in Crisis, but merely retires so Amell can come back for future guest stints on Flash and the like.

There are credible whispers floating around that Supergirl also ends during Crisis and the Flash cast undergoes major changes next year. I wonder what Felicity will be doing once Arrow ends...

My guess is still he will die and become The Spectre. Or get shoved in the Lazarus Pit or something...

mwbmis 03-12-19 12:17 PM

I'm pretty sure Kelly Hu ages at a different rate than the rest of humanity.