Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Supergirl (S4E13) -- "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" -- 3/3/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supergirl (S4E13) -- "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" -- 3/3/19

Old 03-03-19, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

SUNDAY, MARCH 3

SUPERGIRL

"What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SUPERGIRL FACES OFF AGAINST THE ELITE - Manchester Black (guest star David Ajala) breaks out of prison with the help of his new team, The Elite, who are set on punishing the anti-alien forces. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) pulls double duty as she tries to apprehend Manchester Black and his team as well as deal with a shocking new development with Ben Lockwood (Sam Witwer). Alexis Ostrander directed the episode written by Eric Carrasco & Aadrita Mukerji (#413). Original airdate 3/3/2019.

Apparently no one watched episode 12 because literally all the posts were reactive comments off the Instagram post I linked about Melissa's relationship status.

This forum...

Old 03-03-19, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Supergirl (S4E13) -- "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" -- 3/3/19

I just wanted to say that while I never watch this show, I LOVE that episode title!
​​​​
Old 03-03-19, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Supergirl (S4E13) -- "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" -- 3/3/19

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I just wanted to say that while I never watch this show, I LOVE that episode title!
​​​​
An entire generation of teenage girls are going to think that all these story arcs and characters were stolen from Supergirl when the inevitable Superman adaptation uses them down the road.

The show has been shameless in ripping off Superman's stories and simply substituting Kara in his place.
Old 03-03-19, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
An entire generation of teenage girls are going to think that all these story arcs and characters were stolen from Supergirl when the inevitable Superman adaptation uses them down the road.

The show has been shameless in ripping off Superman's stories and simply substituting Kara in his place.
To be fair they did the same with Arrow, in that they substituted the Green Arrow in place of Batman for a lot of the story arcs.

I don't understand why they need to steal stories from other DC properties. Is there not enough actual Green Arrow and Supergirl story arcs to utilize?
Old 03-04-19, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
To be fair they did the same with Arrow, in that they substituted the Green Arrow in place of Batman for a lot of the story arcs.

I don't understand why they need to steal stories from other DC properties. Is there not enough actual Green Arrow and Supergirl story arcs to utilize?
Lazyiness and/or they don't know enough about Supergirl to care. Probably a combination of both.

The thing about Arrow is that they often use episode titles from great story-arcs (like The Longbow Hunters) and the episode has nothing to do with the original story.
Old 03-06-19, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm diggin' The CW Elite
Old 03-10-19, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
I'm diggin' The CW Elite
Loved The Hat and having a naturally invisible alien, quite useful.