Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Gone (WGN America) -- S: Chris Noth, Danny Pino, Leven Ramblin -- Premieres 2/27/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gone (WGN America) -- S: Chris Noth, Danny Pino, Leven Ramblin -- Premieres 2/27/19

Old 02-11-19, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

"Gone" is a 12-part limited series starring Chris Noth ("Law & Order"), Leven Rambin ("The Path," "True Detective") and Danny Pino ("Law & Order: SVU," "Mayans M.C."). Matt Lopez (The Sorcerer's Apprentice) serves as creator, writer and executive producer of the series, alongside executive producers JoAnn Alfano ("Resurrection," "30 Rock"), NBCUniversal International Studios' Executive Vice President of Scripted Programming, and Sara Colleton ("Dexter"), Kim Moses ("Reckless") and Barry O'Brien (CSI: Miami). The series is based on the novel, One Kick, from best-selling author, Chelsea Cain, and is produced by NBCUniversal International Studios.
Read more at Video: WGN America Releases First Look Trailer for "Gone" | TheFutonCritic.com

12 episode season. This originally aired in Europe last year, but it's an American set and produced series.

Just putting it on your radars as it premieres in about 2 weeks. Looks good.
Old 02-26-19, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Gone (WGN America) -- S: Chris Noth, Danny Pino, Leven Ramblin -- Premieres 2/27/19

Bump

This premieres tomorrow on WGN America. Set your DVRs if you're interested.

Remember, this aired last year in Europe, so you might have to adjust your record settings for your DVR to pick this up because of the old air dates. But, this is the U.S. premiere.
Old 02-28-19, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Gone (WGN America) -- S: Chris Noth, Danny Pino, Leven Ramblin -- Premieres 2/27/19

Thought it was okay. It's basically an FBI kidnapping procedural. The 1st episode set up the back story of Ramblin's character with her being kidnapped as a child. I've always liked Noth since Law and Order, so this will be a pretty breezy hour to watch.

Most of the episode was pretty formulaic. So not sure if there will be much to talk about weekly.

For something that didn't originally air in North America, I'm surprised how many known actors they got in this. And it was shot in Pittsburgh.
Old 03-01-19, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really enjoyed this, and yes...it is formulaic but I thought the cast gelled and wow great pacing. The hour just flew by.