Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Miracle Workers (TBS) S: Daniel Radcliffe, Steve Buscemi, Geraldine Viswanathan, Karan Soni

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Miracle Workers (TBS) S: Daniel Radcliffe, Steve Buscemi, Geraldine Viswanathan, Karan Soni

Old 02-08-19, 12:42 PM

The first season of anthology series Miracle Workers is a Heaven-set workplace comedy based on Simon Rich's book What in God's Name. The show stars Daniel Radcliffe, Steve Buscemi, Geraldine Viswanathan and Karan Soni. Radcliffe plays Craig, a low-level angel responsible for handling all of humanity's prayers, and Steve Buscemi plays Craig's boss God, who has pretty much checked out and is ready to move on to his next project. To prevent Earth's destruction, Craig and fellow angel Eliza (Geraldine Viswanathan) must answer a seemingly impossible prayer: help two humans fall in love. Karan Soni plays Sanjay, God's right-hand man.
First episode is available above on YouTube and On Demand.
Old 02-08-19, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Miracle Workers (TBS) S: Daniel Radcliffe, Steve Buscemi, Geraldine Viswanathan, Karan Soni

This has potential...will check it out.
Old 02-12-19, 04:01 PM

Re: Miracle Workers (TBS) S: Daniel Radcliffe, Steve Buscemi, Geraldine Viswanathan, Karan Soni

This premieres tonight.
Old 02-12-19, 04:50 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

looks really good since i first saw trailer months ago. looking forward...
Old 02-13-19, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

oh great, another Good Place rip off :P
Old 02-13-19, 11:20 AM

I found it pretty amusing.
Old 02-13-19, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was not whelmed.

was a little funny but Buscemi as god was a dud to me.

Was just meh to me.
Old 02-16-19, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good first episode.
Great choices of the characters....all work well in their roles.

Because of the very fanciful plot, It occured to me if the writing isn't first rate this show will sink fast.
Old 02-17-19, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I enjoyed but in the end God still needs to be God and I am not sure they showed any God-like capability in him
Old 02-17-19, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
I enjoyed but in the end God still needs to be God and I am not sure they showed any God-like capability in him
Huh?
Old 02-18-19, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Heís cleary not God-Above-All, i.e. thereís none above him. Thereís apparently a pantheon of some sort since Buscemiís God is shown eating lunch with his parents in the trailer. Frankly Iím needlessly anal about such things and hope this is all laid out clearly.
Old 05-15-19, 01:46 PM

Renewed: https://deadline.com/2019/05/miracle...bs-1202615196/
Old 05-17-19, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I missed this the first time around so hopefully the renewal means the first season will air not long before the 2nd begins. Of course, if Hulu or Netflix get it I will give it a watch.